CPA Voting Issues: Legalize Portal?

M

Mr_Pestilence

Yellowjacket, you'll be happy to know there is already a card based on MSNBC's Hardball w/ Chris Matthews, and it's available in Invasion.

The card? Harsh Judgement, of course!

D

Duel

Ah, pestilence rats you out again, eh?

for those of you who didn't catch the pun, sorry.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Short answer: Don't know enough about how Portal will affect the environment if it's made legal.

Long thoughts: Portal was a bad idea, as some have already pointed out. WOTC should have kept with the Starter decks and just stripped them down if they really wanted to get more basic.

Huh. Guess that wasn't so long after all. :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And I'll leave it up for a week or so and probably post the Power Artifact question after that.

Oh, and on this issue, I think Portal should be tourney legal, since I've always felt it was wrong for the company to print cards that people buy, then they find out later that they can't use them in a tourney. You all are right in that it was a mistake to make Portal, but since it's already out there the cards should be usable at least.

The only thing worse for the newbie to find out on his/her first trip to a tourney than that there are some card types and rules they are not familiar with would be to find out that all their cards are worthless too.

And Duel, I don't think those Portal "Power cards" you mentioned would be all that strong, since I don't believe they'd be eligible for T2 play anyway. At worst they might have to ban Grim Tutor in Extended and make it Restricted for T1. Outside of that, I don't think anything else would be a real big problem.