CPA Voting Issues: Best Block

G

Gizmo

TSE Block was a more enjoyable and balanced format even than T2 was at the time.

Rath is undoubtedly the best block - it had everything.
Combo: Horsecraft, Living Death
Beatdown: Hatred, Sligh, En-Kor
Defense: CounterPhoenix, Humility/Prayer, CounterOath

A perfect mix.

B

Baron Sengir

As far as most powerful I'd have to go with Urza's block. Masticores and Acadamies and Thorn Elementals ... It's also a really fun block to play.

For nostalgic purposes, however, I will have to say that the IA/HL/AL block was my favorite. I like beating my opponent with obscure, weird cards like Sea Troll or Chub Toad. Yeah, they suck but it's sure a lot more fun to beat your opponent down with a Black Carriage than to Masticore the hell out of them for the umpteenth time.

Besides, If you play enough Black, Baron Sengir will kick some serious ass for you. You just gotta be able to afford his cost.

I remain
The Baron
Yeah, I like black mana. So what?

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Tempest block was/is/will always be, the best. It brought up kewl creatures (all those slivers you people love), some kewl mechanics (I've said i love buyback in another post), and was what brought forth a Magic revival with me. I hadn't played in about a year when that block came out. Since then i've only gotten more love for the game, even if every1 else in my area has bailed out on it(My town now has a card, City of Trators). I love that series, and i wept when it left type 2.

M

magicman_moe

well for a block it would be urza specially saga
one of my favorites
but for just set it would be
yep ya guessed it
unlimited hehehe
screw beta and alpha unl.is more fun to get and play with
but thats just MY opinion
i could be wrong ehehe

L

Landkiller

Oh, thanks, Spidey!

Invasion Block. It's so much fun. I never thought I would betray the old sets, but they really outdid themselves for Invasion. It's the first set since Legends to introduce a new card type - split cards, it reintroduces gold cards, and creates wonderful cards with off-color abilities.

I hope the next set is the same, with opposing-colors becoming the focus instead of allied!

T

Turtlewax Joe

I'd say Rath Cycle... but IF we were talking single sets I'd say The Dark :)

B

Bladefall

Sorry old sets, but I've gotta go with the Invasion block. It brings back the creature based decks. Decks are slower now. The entire environment is slowing down. Which is a good thing. I like the slowness, I was ick of Morphling, Masticore, Tinker decks, etc.

L

Loafing Giant

I'd have to say Urza's Block even though it is so "broken"

C

Crackdown

Favorite Block - Invasion (assuming even 1/2 of the cards I've seen are true for Planeshift).

2nd Favorite - Masquerades.

Slower environment, multi-colored spells, rock/paper/scissors approach.

E

ErinPuff

My favorite block is Invasion block, unless it goes downhill upon the releases of Planeshift and whatever the next one is.. but I don't think that'll happen.

Next favorite is Mirage block.. 'cause it's fun. ;) I have a lot of cards from those sets (as compared to other sets in my collection), and it doesn't bother me like Urza block..