CPA Tourney?

N

Notepad

Actually, Banding/Bands with Others is the exact same ruling as Banding/Bands, just much more restrictive on cooperation. It could count as Banding, easily. Which is why I brought itup to clarify the question.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by SeFRo
Besides, its a moot point. The flying mechanic outnumbers all others, perhaps combined. I dunno.
yeah, but flying was not one of the four, which is probably why it's a trivia question. Of course flying would be the most listed if the question was "what ability of all the ones on creatures has been on the most?" :)

Killer Joe

Kicker appears on 38 creatures. For the record, Banding is on 36, Flanking on 18 and Rampage only on 13.

10th Anniversary Magic:The Gathering; Suppliment to InQuest Gamer #100 p.28

N

Notepad

Yeah, quite a few critters from Legends have this trivia-altering ability. In fact, a lot of cards do, including silly lands that do nothing but grant it to legendary critters. :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was afraid that there might have been more "bands with others" than there were, which would drive it over kicker. It didn't though it came the closest...

As far as flying goes, I don't think any other ability would come even close...

N

Notepad

DOUBLE STRIKE!

There are more cards printed with the Double Strike mechanic than...oh, wait...its the least, ain't it? Even fewer than Sunburst, Indestructible, and even Madness. Wait, aren't there only two madness critters? ;)

N

Notepad

And there is only one in the entire world that says "Scarwood Goblin is green and red" WORD! :D

Killer Joe

Which of the following creatures' type is not the same as it's name:
Wolverine Pack
Musician
Mold Demon
Avizoa
Peacekeeper

N

Notepad

Musician is currently a mage, but that might just be the Oracle text changing it. Musician is a correct answer, however, as even if it is an Oracle change, it is official.

N

Notepad

1) Including token creatures, how many non-artifact creatures can deal colorless damage on their own?

2) Which token has the most cards that can produce them?
-Saprolings
-Goblins
-Any artifact creature token

3) Which numbers more?
-The total of the "dragon piece" enchantments from Scourge
-Or the total of the non-creature cards with "dragon" in their name, not counting the above-mentioned "dragon pieces".

May be too easy, but what the heck, figured I'd try out some original ones. :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
1. I'm not sure. The only one I can think of is Sliver Queen. I'll go with about 5.

2. I'll go with the artifact one. Might be Saprolings too. Goblins have fewer...

3. I don't know anything about "dragon piece" cards from Scourge, so I'll assume there aren't very many of them and go with the other category...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1. Heck if I know. I'll say 7.

2. I like Goblins.

3. I think he means the Dragon enchantments that can come out of the graveyard if a creatures exceeding a certain cc come into play. But that's only 5, one for each color, so I think the other option is more than 5. I'll go with that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
I think he means the Dragon enchantments that can come out of the graveyard if a creatures exceeding a certain cc come into play. But that's only 5, one for each color, so I think the other option is more than 5. I'll go with that.
The only cards from Scourge I know of are either Storm cards, Stifle, Eternal Dragon, and lots of stuff that does stuff with creatures and creature types. Also there's some big stuff with "dragon" names...

I've seen "Dragon Shadow" and assume that's one of the "piece" cards. But that's the only one I know of. If you say there are five of them, then I'm sure the other category has more, since there are about that many non-creature artifacts named dragon that I can think of...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's what I *think* he means. If I'm wrong, that would mean there's more than 5 which could make it more into contention.

Here's the others:

Dragon Fangs
{1}{G}
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has trample.
When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return ~this~ from your graveyard to play enchanting that creature.

Dragon Scales
{1}{W}
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +1/+2 and attacking doesn't cause it to tap.
When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return ~this~ from your graveyard to play enchanting that creature.

Dragon Breath
{1}{R}
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature has haste.
{R}: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Hmm.. can't find the blue one, unless it doesn't start with Dragon...

E

Ephraim

It's Dragon Wings.

As for the other category, we have:
Dragon Arch
Dragon Blood
Dragon Mask
Dragon's Claw
Dragonstorm
Wielding the Green Dragon
Day of the Dragon
Form of the Dragon

There are more than five other non-creature cards with the word "dragon" in their name.