CPA Question - Whats up with the Ratings?

M

Mikeymike

You now, you enter a particular form and some of the threads have ratings. I just noticed it recently. Why do some have them and not others? What do they mean? If "a friend" got a 1 star rating should he be embarrassed?

Z

Zadok001

You can rate the thread at the bottom of it if you want to. :) I don't pay attention, though.

D

Duel

Yeah, I think it'd be better if some of the lurkers started using it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't pay any attention to the ratings and I wouldn't even if the lurkers used it, because it can be so easily abused. As YJ said with spam, what one person might think is great, another might think it's terrible. And people could just vote contrary to what they think the thread is like just because they feel like it.

I just go by what people say in the thread.

M

Mikeymike

I'm in Spidey's boat on this one. Besides, its not like these threads are magazines articles or anything that measures a writer's skill. Each one is (theorectically) covering a different piece of information and chances are everyone is going to respond anyway.

I give this thread a 1.5, 1 for being boring, a +.5 for getting more people than I expected to respond :D.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sometime last year in Suggestions, someone asked if we could have ratings on threads "just like the Dojo". I thought the majority census at that time was that it was a "not-so-useful" idea, but I guess Ed decided to put them in during the makeover. Now of course, no one uses it, either because it's a not-so-useful idea or they're unaware.