CPA Notables Category Suggestions

A

Apollo

Well, some of them were like 2 tests in one class. For instance, my AP Econ class prepared us for the Micro Econ test and the Macro Econ test, and my AP English class prepared us for the Lit test and the Language test.

And those tests are spread over 3 years... so I had a free period each year.

Gerode: the first time I read that I thought it said "I took seven out of the eight foreign language AP classes my school offered" and I was like "Whoa! That's multilingual!" :p

M

Mazzak

Most likely to become a fur-and-armor-wearing cart-pulling Canadian nomad.

Ferret

Staff member
Most-likely-to-cause-you-to-froth-at-the-mouth-in-anger-for-the-next-five-days?

-Ferret

"I can think of a few nominees... :)"

T

train

What about types of players... most-likely

Combo players...
Burn...
Utility...
Weenie...
animate...
control...
unglued...
power nine...
etc, etc...

E

EricBess

Most likely to submit a suggestion that might actually be reasonable...?

N

Nightstalkers

Most-likely-to-cause-you-to-froth-at-the-mouth-in-anger-for-the-next-five-days
I've heard about your little flight against Duke, and quite frankly, I don't really think its justified.

Now you could be nice and just keep arguing with him like usual, or you can keep shunning him out of your lives. Believe it or not, there are people who have different opinions than you on subjects. These are called differences in opinion and I don't believe that you have any right to prejudice against any member just because he or she believes in something different than you.

Would you not accept me at the CPA if you thought that I believed that football sucked? Or that Mr. Garfield is a "gay moroon" for stealing his idea's from other CCG's to created Magic: The Gathering? Now thats in the board rules or something that states you cannot prejudice against other peoples beliefs, opinions, and standings on matters. Why? There are different people than yourselves and you should be ashamed of yourselves for shunning such a devoted and unique member of our world just because of a little indifference thats unbecoming of such civilized people as yourselves.

Give it up, I'm currently stationed in a small part of the U.S. but that doesn't mean that I hate Iraqi's or any other so called terrorist thriving nations. I'm a member of a very devoted group which encompasses all aspects of human existance, yet I see this kind of this crap which plagued not only the old world, but is persistant enough to spread to the present world and its countries.

Loudly Displeased,
Nightstalker Exterra

The most disorderly member!

S

Svenmonkey

How's about "most likely to run around saying 'Somthikt!' while wearing a wolf skin and holding an axe?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like not a lot of people are voting this year but still, some of these suggestions are... strange. I like the Most Likely to Play <Style> category, but I don't think a lot of us have actually played against each other or shown examples to get a good feel. I like the Stylish Award, I might modify it to "Best Entrance at the Awards" and have everyone vote after everyone posts their entrance (I guess it's another name for Most Creative :) )

Slightly busy at work but I will get the ballots out...

as an aside: Nightstalkers:
Or that Mr. Garfield is a "gay moroon" for stealing his idea's from other CCG's to created Magic: The Gathering?
What other CCGs did he steal from?

M

Mazzak

(Magic: The Gathering was the first CCG. Garfield's invention sparked the entire genre.)

Hmmm, based on the deck theme idea, why not do a color thing as well?

CPA avatar of Blue
CPA avatar of white
CPA avatar of Green
CPA avatar of Red
CPA avatar of Black

The member with personality most suiting each color wins...

N

Nightstalkers

He got most of his inspiration from a little known game by the name of Cosmic Encounters, but they had it coming, and Rich had the balls to revolutionize the ganre.

I'm not saying he "stole" the idea's. I am only using the idea as an example. Do you think that I think football sucks?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think if you're using examples, at least use clear and correct ones rather than actually saying "stealing from other CCGs", which is obviously incorrect (at least the "other CCGs part). You could have the opinion that he stole the ideas from a board game...

About the Avatar thing, are people expected to vote based on what they perceive other's personalities to be and then matching them up to the color's strengths and weaknesses? I think it's a good idea, however, because there's a small number who I expect to actually vote, some people might just get one vote or a color could go empty (which is what happened with CPA Buddies from last year, there were a lot of 1 vote nominees).

N

Nightstalkers

Most likely to fall asleep during the awards..... ZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzz

T

train

What about having each category voted upon - that way there are no "left open" categories...

And if someone is most likely the Red Avatar - then they probably shouldn't be any other avatar...

There are those combo mages out there...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still think there will be a lot of 1 vote nominees since everyone is going to be spread out, but we can try it and if it doesn't work, we'll just scrap it next year.