CPA Member...what does your Nickname mean?

R

Ristik

Ok, my original nick comes from my penchant for spelling words incorrectly and either really phonetically or really not foneticlee. I've had many such names. If you ever met Lickquid or FeeNicks on IRC, that was me. Ristik is merely the phonetic spelling of Rhystic, which I consider to be one of the best mechanics WotC has come up with in a long time.
My orange name is a bit easier to understand. I collect Psychic Vortex because it has an amazing picture and a pretty cool effect (if you don't mind not having any counterspells in a blue deck).
My signature, which some of you may be wondering about, is from the movie UHF (which I believe was mentioned earlier in the thread).

Y

Y The Alien

Y is a game character from... you guessed it, Vigilante 8. Plus I stick him in every game with a create a character mode.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't DUke start a topic like this? I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day...

Well, Spiderman is my favorite super-hero and was my nickname in college, due to my tendency to climb buildings and palm trees. So my nickname and sig naturally follow...

Zadok: I thought the prophet Samuel anointed David as King of Israel... :confused:

Istanbul: They Might Be Giants! Woo-hoo!

P

pallad

they might be giants is an awesome band *listens to istanbul; dances*

N

NeuroDeus

After a survey we can conclude that 1) 25% of CPA Members are Generals, Commanders and Emporers 2) 25% are named after there pets 3) 25% Lots of book and game characters have come to life on CPA 4) 25% is just me, taking up the space with my moronic nickname...

D

Darsh

It's the end of the World as we know it. :D

Hey Y! I always liked Dave on that game gotta love that hippie mobile. :D

And all of us are crazy:D

H

Hetemti

Boogie+AMMONOLIMITS=Discoball Madness.

I once nailed four guys with a triple-special. Good times had by all...well...not those guys, but they don't count.

N

Namielus

Yet another story of nicks...
When I was born, I was given horribly plain names all around (nied is not an exception cause its to easy to get). Then I was ramdomly looking through magic cards and here I find a magic card that explains pretty much how I play "Bottle of Suleiman", now of course your all going, well that makes no cents. This is true, after finding Suleiman to be a not so famous stupid aribic king that didn't really kill anyone or have armies of djjin at his dispossel. That pretty much putted him out of the race until when trying to choose a name I dropped a piece of paper with the name 'Suleiman' on it on the ground. It landed upside down showing me the ever imfamous 'namieluS'. I will almost forever keep that name (mostly because its on all my stationary...) but for some reason that stupid aribic king is easier to remeber so that is why my site is located at suleiman not namielus.

G

galtwish

galtwish is the undying desire for the clarity and purpose of John Galt, a main character in Ayn Rand's bloated paean to Objectivism, Atlas Shrugged. Loudmouth is black humor because I'm actually pretty reseved in the offline world (that whole better to be thought a fool... and I'm frighteningly misanthropic/sociopathic), but I can't shut up the running commentary that my brain bubbles forth every second, and that comes out in my writing.

Erik
(because I was born with it and I am well trained into responding to it)

C

Cerberus

Well Cerberus is the three headed dog that guards the gate to the Underworld in greek mythology

C

Chaos Turtle

I don't know... It just sort of came to me when I was trying to think of a name for the Dojo boards.
I think Turtles are cool, though, and the meta-turtle or whatever it was from Stephen King's IT is one of my all-time favorite literary characters.
Also I am generally in a state of Chaos. That's my life.

"Edge Rider" is taken from the novel Vurt by Jeff Noon. It's hard to explain briefly (I recommend the book) but basically Edge Riders like to hallucinate for real, if that makes any sense.

D

Duel

Really? And here I had you figured for an existenstialist Discworld fan.

Great A'Tuin, the start turtle...