CPA Idea..Card rating

Q

Quill

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in rating individual cards. Maybe something like on a 1-10 scale. Things such as casting cost, effectiveness, extra abilities etc would effect the rating of the card. If anyone is interested I'd like to start off with Argothian Wurm. I think this card deserves at least an 8. Its big, has trample, a low casting cost, and its only drawback can easily be used to your own advantage. What do you guys think?

Killer Joe

Scale
10 - Superior
9 -
8 - Excellent
7 -
6 -
5 - Good
4 -
3 -
2 - Fair
1 -
0 -Poor

Argothian Wurm: As a single card stratagy, eh, maybe a (4). As a member of the kind of deck it could be used for like LD Green/Red I think it's a (9).

This is Yellowjacket

D

Dune Echo

I like the idea. Maybe you should write and submit an article for the standards so that we can have a record of how to rate cards out on the articles section. This would be great for sparking debates! Anyway, I think that Argothian Wurm is easily an 8. It's a win-win situation with the exception of losing your draw. Also, I think that Yellowjacket's right, as a single card strategy, it's not for every deck, although I still rate it as a 5 or 6.

Q

Quill

If you think its a worthy idea I can put together an article, on the card rating criteria this weekend. I wasn't sure if just anybody could submit articles. Who would I need to talk to before doing this?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely no one, Quill. Just go to Casual Articles link from the Main page, then click on submit an article. This gets you to the form. It works like the Bulletin Board, in that you can't indent paragraphs, and it speaks in HTML for things like italics and bold type. It's actually really easy to use, and the guidelines for submissions are just common sense stuff, like no swearing.

Your idea sounds great. Go for it! :cool:

TomB
CPA Member

S

superguy

Just in case that some of you guys didnt know, IQgamer has a rating for all cards, out of 5.

T

theorgg

Yea. Inquest DOES have a rating for all the cards, but they have been SORELY wrong in several cases.

anyone have one of about twelve issues when they said that Thawing glaciers was a ** card? what about the four before that that said it was a * card?

Inquest isn't that great with ratings. take a look(if you can find a copy) in the inquest #0 that has Juzzam Djinn as a *** card! moxes were only ****! hippy was **! there insane!

S

superguy

I am not sure, since I didnt have an Inquest so long ago, but now they are more or less right. Juzam Djinn, moxes and lotus are 5 stars, thawing glaciers are 5, mind over matter 4, just look at their last I believe its Ferbruary issue. They have ALL of the cards rated there.

T

theorgg

I remember when momma was only a * card. Inquest covers their ass anyway they can.

hopefully the CPA won't have to...
:)

Z

Zadok001

You're right, the recent issues are more accurate. But, no doubt, in a few monthes, a pro will break some random card in Extended, and BAM! The previously one-star card will go to four or five. The same thing happens with every rating system, really, and it will with the CPA's, but it would still be fun to rate cards.

"... And Academy gets one star, 'cause I hate that Broken combo stuff."

S

superguy

I do indeed admit it would be fun. I had nothing against that. By the way, if any of you have old inquest, I do indeed ask you to Please send me ratings or killer decks. I would love to see the stuff they made back then.

D

Dune Echo

Actually, same here. I collect decks. Most of the stuff you guys post in the decks section, I write down if it's original enough and interesting. If anyone would please post all the Killer decks you guys have in your old Inquests, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
(About to add the article about it)

But, anyway, I just found a few of my old Inquests. Really old ones -- 9, 12, 14, and 30 :)

I flipped through 9 and saw they gave Necropotence a * :)

Anyway, I'll see if there are any decks worthy of posting.

-mike