CPA-Guard

T

train

Beginning thread to generate ideas for a CPA version of Vanguard...

I don't know which character to tie this to yet - so just the card idea...

Card 1
Whenever a non-token creature enters a battlefield, each other player puts a token copy of that creature onto their battlefield.
Starting and Max hand-size: +2
Starting life: -4
Each other player starting life: +2

Card 2
Whenever a card is placed in the Exiled zone, you may search your library for a copy of that card, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
Starting and Max hand-size: -1
Starting life: +0

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman
Whenever a post is made, each player gains life equal to his or her post count, then loses life equal to your post count.
Starting and max hand size: -4
Starting life: -10
Each other player starting life: +1,000

T

train

Card X
Whenever a player plays a land, if they pay 1, each other player may search their library for a basic land card and put it into play.
Starting and Max hand-size: +3
Starting life: +5
Each other player starting life: +5

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Train
Blue spells cost WBRG more to play. Whenever any player plays an island, that player loses 1 life.
Starting hand size: -2
Max hand size: +7
Starting life: +3
Each other player starting life: +3

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is train doing cards based on characters-to-be-named in the Magic multiverse, while Oversoul is doing cards based on CPA members?

T

train

you had it right spidey... - but Oversoul's turn on it is pretty cool...

Card Y
Whenever a player plays an artifact, they may pay life equal to the artifacts converted mana cost to place a copy of the artifact into play. If they do, this card gains "The Legend rule does not apply".
Starting and Max hand-size: -3
Starting life: -2
Each other player starting life: -2

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Orgg
Creatures cannot attack you. Destroy target creature: gain 5 life.
Starting life: -14
Starting and max hand size: +6

T

train

Spawn of the Pit
Whenever you would draw a card, instead, place it in the exiled zone and you lose 1 life.
You may play exiled cards as though they were in your hand.
You do not lose the game if you cannot draw a card.
Starting life: +0
Starting and max hand size: 5

T

train

Gaea Healer
Whenever a land is destroyed, it's controller may search each other player's library for a basic land and put it into play under their control. Reshuffle each library searched this way.
Starting and max hand size: 7

R

rokapoke

train;287737 said:
Gaea Healer
Whenever a land is destroyed, it's controller may search each other player's library for a basic land and put it into play under their control. Reshuffle each library searched this way.
Who gets control of the land?

R

rokapoke

Okay, that seems much more reasonable than the way I had read the card. The use of the word "their" is confusing.

T

train

Gaea Healer
Whenever a land is destroyed, that land's controller may search each other player's library for a basic land and put it into play under their control. Reshuffle each library searched this way.

T

train

Train
Whenever one of your permanents, cards in non-battlefield zones or spells is targeted or affected by a blue spell, activated ability or creature, you may pause the game for approximately 30 seconds, and commence beating the opponent.
After 30 seconds, if it is determined that the opponent can continue the game, your turn immediately ends and they may draw an additional card during their draw step.
Starting life: -10
Starting and max hand size: 12

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Train
If an opponent plays a blue spell, set aside this game and play a subgame with the remaining cards in your library. The winner of the subgame wins the game.
If you play a blue spell, you lose the game.
Starting life: -19
Starting and Max Hand Size: 2
I'm not gonna play if you're playing blue

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

Wow - though I believe in beatings - the Ransac version of "Train" is much better than I could have imagined...

and takes a little on Shahrazad... Smoothness...

But I guess if there are multiple cards of me - then I'm a Planeswalker!!!...

Woot!!!