CPA forums

I

igfett

I have seen repeated pleadings for a bad-trader forum on the dojo, but to no avail. I know it isn't exactly our area, but we could put one up for the use of CPA members. it would help as a quik reference before we trade. nothing major, just a small forum in which you can post bad trading expariances. LMK what you think

K

K1

I would wait a little bit. I think nekrataal has tried to start a similar thing at the dojo, so IF the dojo starts one, I would see no point in one here. Unless CPA starts getting more diverse base of traffic than the dojo gets.. Wouldn't that be cool?

just my $.01
K1 out

N

nekrataal

Yeah, I started a thread about it earlier today in the trading section. Hopefully the moderator will put one up, I emailed him today. The only reason I don't see the dojo puttting one up is incase they think it will get out of hand and people will start getting bad mouthed.

Anyway, if it doesn't go through there, I'm all for it here.

I

igfett

the thing is, that bad trader alert thread has been around for a couple weeks, maybe 3, and the whole time there have been requests for a bad trader forum. nothing has been done yet, and I doubt anything will. it would most definitely get out of control on so large a site, with wild accusations being flung around with no real backing

N

nekrataal

It probably will get out of hand, but it can't hurt to try. I actually don't think anyone emailed the moderator about it until today, though. We'll see what tuna says.

Anyway, I have no problem starting one here too. I'm all for seeing one on this board.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Ack!, I'm gone for 10 hours and there's already been over 50 posts!

As for the bad trading post thing, I think it's a good idea, but if the dojo posts one, ours will be useless. IMO, we should wait a week, and if the dojo doesn't respond, we make the bad traders forum, and plug it at the dojo. :)

-mike

K

K1

I'll concur. Who am I to kill a thread, after all, I started up a trading post thread w/o asking anyone at all first. :) They may even complement each other

N

nekrataal

Yeah, Ed its pretty crazy. We've been getting some quality brainstorming done here. Oddly enough, we haven't heard a word from Ferret. Wonder where he is. Maybe he really was abducted by aliens...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
*start alien/robot voice*
Nekrataal, you know to much all ready. Prepare to be exterminated!
*end alien/robot voice*

Does Ferret even know about this place? Has anyone told him? E-mailed him? Eh?

-mike, the man who enjoys ending every sentence with a ?

Z

Zadok001

Just e-mailed him now. His e-mail, for the record, is ferret_227@hotmail.com....

I don't think he has been abducted, but Mulder may be holding him to make sure he doesn't get abducted. Someone call the FBI.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member

Ferret

Staff member
It's so nice to see everyone care about me :) It's good to feel wanted.

As for the bad trader forum, it would be nice, but right now the trading forum on The Dojo is the hottest section going - even hotter than rants and issues!

It's safe to assume that since that section is responsible for about a 200% member increase for the Forums that there might be some "bad apples" and it might be a good idea to expose them, but we should be careful not to turn this into a witch-hunt.

I'm for fairness for everyone...

-ferret

"...too much Law & Order..."