Who modeled their forums after the other's

• CPA modeled their forums after MTGNews's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MTGNews modeled their forums after CPA's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I was just wondering. The look of MTGNews's forums and CPA's forums look almost exactly alike.

So, who modeled one after the other?

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Lotus Mox

I think they look similar because they're using the same message board software.

There are some difference between them though, like the borders around messages and maybe some more.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have no idea, since I never go to MTGNews and don't know when they had their site "look" like this.

The CPA went to this color scheme in the fall of 2000 (almost a year ago, I believe). but even when it was orange and black, the layout was pretty much the same.

So I think it's the software thing.

J

Jake74

You'd have to ask Ed for sure, but I think it's because they both use the same software... VBulletin. the CPA just upgraded to 2.0, but MTGNews was upgraded a while ago. (I believe)
Not sure about the colors, I guess they just work the best... :D

Z

Zadok001

Well, we had the design first, but I doubt MtgNews modeled after us - They just use the same software and color scheme. :) That commonplace in websites.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Isn't Ed one of the designers for vBulletin? How could they upgrade before us?
We've been using vBulletin 2.0 since January -- about a month before it was even released.

They started using it in May (I think). I just recently upgraded to the most recent release of vB 2.0 (for bug/security fixes mostly).

And if we want to get technical, this version isn't available to the public yet -- it's really 2.0.2. :p

L

LlanowarGoblin

I have only been at mtgnews since May and here for about a week. Each site had pretty much the same style, but they were both like that when I arrived.