CPA Deckbuilding with a twist

turgy22

Nothing Special
It's been a while since we've put together one of these decks. I haven't been keeping track of the tournament, but I thought these deckbuilding games were fun, so I thought I'd start a new one, but with a slight change:
Instead of randomly adding cards to the deck, each new card has to be related in some way to the previously added card, sort of like a "degree of separation game."

For example, let's say Lightning Bolt was the first card. The next card added could be 1) a red card, 2) an instant, 3) something that deals 3 damage, 4) a card with lightning or clouds in the art, 5) a card from Alpha, Beta, Unlimited or 4th Edition, 6) a card drawn by Christopher Rush, 7) a card that costs 1 mana, 8) a card with "lightning" or "bolt" in the names or 9) anything else you can think of.

And we just go from card to card like that. Other rules that may apply:
1) Instead of the "one card per day" rule, let's change it to 4 degrees of separation. So, you can only add a new card if three other people have already added cards.
2) No limit on multiples. If there's a way to legitimately come full circle back to another card, then why limit it?
3) No using the same connection twice. So if someone picks a card based on the art being by Christopher Rush, you can't use that any more. You can use a different artist, but the specifics need to change.
4) As usual, we'll stop when there're 36 non-land cards chosen.

Any other questions or suggestions?

If not, I'll get started in the next post...

Tag Guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind starting up again, but once the deck is finished, what happens? Does someone actually play it? Or is this all just for fun?

If the former, I propose we still wait for the tourney to finish and then we can start the deckbuilding all over again with new decks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just for fun. Maybe play some individual games with it once it's done, but for now the game is the deckbuilding.

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm all for this format for the next tournament. But, let's have this deck be a "playtest" deck so we can get used to this.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Also: Don't forget to include the relationship between the card you've added and the previous card. Thanks.

Tag Guard

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Gizmo actually added his card before mine, but his has something to do with the Turgy's original card and not Ransac's Mana Flare (he probably didn't see Ransac's post). So I'll fix it by adding Pariah (costs the same amount of mana as Mana Flare) and then Pariah's Shield fits in (has the word "Pariah" in its name) after Pariah...

Stuffy Doll - Turgy22
Mana Flare - Ransac
Pariah - Oversoul
Pariah's Shield - Gizmo

I'll add hyperlinks later if no one else beats me to it...

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

Kusari-Gama (they are both Equip:3)

Stuffy Doll - Turgy22
Mana Flare - Ransac
Pariah - Oversoul
Pariah's Shield - Gizmo
Kusari-Gama - DarthFerret

Tag Guard