CPA build a deck

Will you participate in CPA's Build A Deck?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• I like cheese

• Total voters

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Recently I suggested that we should have a frequent community deckbuilding as a way to boost traffic and get new members. I suggested this because I like these kind of threads personally. Seeing the lack of activity on the magic forums here, I'm wondering if it has a chance at succeeding. I'd do "the work" (managing the decklist), but I need you (gah, that sounds cheesy...) to participate. Thus, this poll: are you going to participate?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'll do it again if there are enough people. I kinda dropped out of the Deckbuilding in Round 2 because it became just Mooseman and BigBlue. If there are at least four other people doing it, I'll do it again as I think that provides enough diversity to build the decks.

What kind of rules are you thinking for this? Around a certain card, certain combo, certain format, etc....

R

Rakarth

I'd like to participate although I'm not entirely certain of what goes on, how we start etc? I want to know how other people build decks though :) Seeing how other people think would be interesting :D

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm not sure how Shabbaman intends it, but in the past, we either had a certain card or idea and just started posting cards, with one card per person per day.

For instance, one of the cards was Goblin Sharpshooter. So with that as a basis, we just started posting cards for a deck.

If you do a search on "Build-A-Deck", you'll probably see some deck threads and how they evolved.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
That is exactly the plan spidey. Why I'm polling this is because it'd get boring really, really soon if there are only two or three participants... exactly like how you descibe it died the previous time.

Is SCS the proper forum for this? Where can I find these previous decks?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's "SCS"?

The previous decks are either in this one (Voting) or General. Most are in General, I believe.

We also played matches with the decks in Games Run.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm having a hard enough time paying attention to two games at the moment.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
I'm having a hard enough time paying attention to two games at the moment.
you really have slacked off..... but by the time the decks are built, you should be done with at least one of these games....

I'll do this.... I always liked these types of activities, as it lets me see how others build decks and can only improve my scant abilities.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, could not resist, I had to pick that I like cheese! I may be able to participate in some of this, but not sure about being able to give a full-time commitment.