CPA Build-A-Deck 2.1: Experiment Kraj

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Mooseman, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

How about another build a deck game?
    But this one starts with 4 of one multi-colored card and the rest are highlander within the colors of the starting card. Each person gets to add 1 card per day.

Example:

4 Experiment Kraj
  2. Ephraim New Member

1 Lunar Avenger
  3. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

This one starts with 4 of one multi-colored card and the rest are highlander within the colors of the starting card(I guess artifacts can go in any deck). Each person gets to add 1 card per day.

Deck #A

4 Experiment Kraj
    1 Lunar Avenger

Please quote the previous post and add your card. Card tags and colors are good too.
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

6. Oversoul The Tentacled One

7. Ephraim New Member

In case this selection doesn't make sense to you, realize that once you get one of these into play with a +1/+1 counter on it, you may change the name of an Experiment Kraj in play to something innocuous, like Okk. Then, you're free to play a second Experiment Kraj, since only two cards with the same name violate the Legend Rule. (I think I'm going to have to send in a rules question to determine whether having a nameless shapeshifter in play with a +1/+1 counter on it allows you to change the name of an Experiment Kraj in your deck.)
  8. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I think we're making this deck out of real cards, Ephraim...
  9. Ephraim New Member

What constitutes a "real card?" Would Ancestral Recall be legal? That's banned in Legacy. How about Chaos Orb? That isn't even legal in Vintage? I'll leave it up to Mooseman if he doesn't want UN cards in his deck, but I dislike the implication that silver borders make cards UNreal. I didn't even include it just to be silly. It has a real and useful effect on the deck because of a unique interaction with the focal card.
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I would rather not have silver bordered cards
    I can't even find this on gatherer
  11. BigBlue Magic Jones

12. Ephraim New Member

13. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I think the Shapeshifter is fine to add! It IS a casual deck, after all!

Ransac, cpa trash man
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I don't care what sets either, but if we actually plan to make another series of eight and play each other again, some of the Un-cards might be difficult to do....

As far as I remember, any card except the ones on the Vintage Banned List are eligible.

Here's my addition: Regrowth

4 Experiment Kraj
    1 Lunar Avenger
    1 Mystic Snake
    1 Forgotten Ancient
    1 Gush
    1 Worldly Tutor
    1 Cephalid Inkshrouder
    1 Regrowth

Please quote the previous post and add your card. Card tags and colors are good too.
  15. BigBlue Magic Jones

16. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The Banned List is basically just the ante cards and Chaos Orb/Falling Star.
  18. Ephraim New Member

19. BigBlue Magic Jones

20. Oversoul The Tentacled One