Counter-Rhox

Killer Joe

I'm putting together an MBC deck (I was disgusted after PTNY and seeing only two decks or so doing well). I like Blue and Green, so I made this deck:
"Counter-Rhox" v.1
4x Counterspells
4x Thwart
4x Daze
4x Accumulated Knowledge
4x Trade Route
4x Trickster Mage
4x Stinging Barrier

1x Blastoderm (supposed to be a Rhox)
1x Rhox
4x Groundskeeper
3x Dawnstrider

2x Horn of Ramos
2x Eye of Ramos

12x Island
8x Forest

The object is to stall long enough to get out the Rhox and have it do it's thing. You say it's trying to be an MBC version of the UBC "Con-Troll" deck? Maybe. Like I said before, I like Blue/Green decks. Any input would be welcomed.

S

Spaceman Spiff

Isn't the deck BASED around rhox? why arent there 4 in it?
and wouldnt thory be good?
maybe some more speed mana like Llanowar elves or skyshroud elves would be good...
and I would ditch 2 of the trade routes, they dont seem to be that useful in it, take out the dazes for force of wills, they seem to disrupt early game critters...
take 2 trade routes out for 2 more rhoxs. take the horns out one groundskeeper and a stinging barrier for 4 mana elves...
these are my suggestions... hope they will be helpful..

A

Apollo

He said "Masques Block Constructed." Thorn Elemental, Llanowar Elves, Skyshroud Elves, and of course Force of Will are not in Masques block :)

Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about Masques block. However, I can tell you that you could probably use more mana, because you are playing counters and Rhox, and because Rising Waters is pretty popular right now.

Apollo

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I personally don't like Blue/Green. Green likes to spend mana on your turn while Blue spends it on an opponents turn.
If you want to build the deck, I suggest you make blue dominant and green recessive.

Killer Joe

Yeah, I am thinking of how to make green consist of only 8 cards:
4x Groundskeeper (part of the Trade Route Card drawing engine and good with spellshapers)
4x Rhox (It's probably a good idea to have four).
I was thinking about War Tax but against Rising Waters it sucks. I also had thought about adding the counter spellshapers:Stronghold Machinist (non-creature spells) and Biologist (creature spells). But it was getting to be too many spell shapers. I did have Waterfront bouncers but that's whhen I was carrying 4x Hunted Wumpus (You know, use the waterfront bouncer to bounce back the creature my opponent put in play from the Wumpus effect.)
I really do like Blue/Green but the "Synergy" is somewhat lost here. Anymore idea's?
MBC=Mercadian Block Constructed
UBC=Urza's Block Constructed
ABC=Already Been Chewed
NBC=National Broadcast Company
CDB's? Where? Right there. OICDB's