Counter-Istanbul!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Everyone here has some good points. I think the best of them is on of Istys, bounce slows YOU down to. Therefore, I think that your deck should be made so up till turn 4 (or something like that) all it does it bounce and disrupt! I

Spells:
4x Boomerang
4x Hoodwink
4x Mystical Tutor
4x Impulse
2x Sunder

Enchantments:
4x Propaganda (counters fit here well...or witdraw if cretures are real bad)
4x Parallax Tide

Artifacts:
4x Iron Maiden
4x Tangle Wire
2x Sphere or Resistance
4x Ankh of Mishra

Lands:
4x Rishadan Port
20x Island

This seems pretty good. What about some that PY rystic study card? That might fit in well. I think a addtional kill card needs to be added however. Possible Morphling? I dunno...I could be off alot! Anyway, I hope this boring post helps!

D

Duel

I have played against a successful mana-deprival/bounce deck (Zadok, remember sean's?) And, though I do not claim full knowledge, I think it goes something like this:

3 opposition
4 capsize
2 Indentured djinn (Sure, they draw. But they can't cast)
4 hoodwink
4 boomerangs
3 Mind games
2 propoganda
2 grim monolith
4 Counterspell
2 palinchron
2 morphling
3 Mishra's Helix

4 faeire conclave (become an extra mana for a port, with opposition)
4 rishadan ports
16 islands

It's mana-heavy, but the basic thought is that you give yourself an early land advantage, by using hoodwink and boomerang and mind-games, and hopefully stall. Then you get a constant bounce or tap with either capsize, mishra' helix, or Morphling/opposition (Is there anything morphling can't do?). once they have a mana disadvantage and you keep drawing mana, you should be able to seal the game with the djinn, the morphling, and the palinchron.

Well? does it suck?