My fac. artists are
Kev Walker and may b
Kev Walker

And artwork by set is

\*****URZA'S LEGACY*****/

M

Mikeymike

Right on FoR!

Gizmo: Where can I find a picture of the 5th edition Serra Angel?

More cards for the list:
6th Crusade
Crater Hellion (that is a sick looking beast)
Stormbind (one of the better Ice Age pieces)
Vampire Hounds
Leviathan
Sol'Kanarr
Sky Spirit
Humble

I

I8Piggo

Favorite Card- Giant Tortoise! Look at the expression on that guy's face! He thinks he's people! Icy Manipulator (the Unlimited version, of course) is real cool too, as is alot of the newer basic land (Masques excluded).

Favorite Set- The general trend seems to be that illustrations get slightly better as the sets get more recent. Prophecy is my favorite, pretty much all the cards have good art.

Favorite Artist- Too sleepy to try and think about it.

G

galtwish

RFK is a god. Sol'Kanar. Dakkon Blackblade. Hazezon Tamar. Pillage. Arcane Denial. Good cards, great art. Although Morphling is my favorite card art, mostly because I have lost a grand total of one game when this card was on my side of the table. She hits, it's pretty much game. That art has a lot of good memories.

Erik

A

Almindhra

Chaos Turtle...Thats awesome...No Avenging Angels did I have that day...The card most prised that we got signed would be the foiled Brainstorm for Gamalon...( we later found out that some other artist was there that could have signed his old counterspell )

Poor Lukey!

E

Elrond

Favorite artist would have to be a tie between RFK and Brom.

Favorite card would probably be Dakkon Blackblade, Sol'knar or Mageta the Lion.

Favorite art set would probably be Tempest.

H

Hellion

I have no particular favourites but here are my pick for the best artists.

Rebecca Guay (she paints beautiful women!)
Matthew Wilson (he paints beautiful women too!)
Ron Spencer (details, details...)
Quinton Hoover (classic "link & color" effect)
Mark Zug (he painted a few of the Urza Angels!)
rk Post (super imagination)
Anson Maddocks (DISINTEGRATE!)
DiTerlizzi (Cool art)

Honorable mention:
Mark Tedin: When he is good he is unparallel. I wished that he put a little more effort in Necropotence and Nev's Disk.

Best art for set(s)
Mirage block. Almost every art was beautiful. Even the lands! Pity I couldn't get my hands on a full set of Mirage lands. (BTW mercadian lands (art) sucks!)

Fav art: Vesuvan Doppleganger

I

immortal grave walker

Just another topic to talk about.
There's alot of cool pictures out there, however the one i think is kinda neat and funny is.

Apes of wrath-tempest

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I'm not sure whether this should be a Classic Thread or not, but I like Recycle from Tempest. Why can't Phil Foglio come back???

A

Apollo

This is the thread on artwork. I'm bringing it up to show Walker.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Favorite Artist: Phil Foglio, with Kaja Foglio very close behind (her pieces aren't as funny)
Third: Mark Poole, his Tempest mountain was the best mountain illustration I've ever seen.
Fourth: rk post, his illustrations of various creatures are very very good in an intricate sort of way, but yet don't seem as archaic as those of Quinton Hoover or Richard Kane Ferguson. Thus, those two illustrators are tied for 5th.

That's just me.

K

K9Archmage

I guess COSMIC HORROR. I mean, that is the coolest picture. Such ugliness, it is ARTISTIC.

Hoipa

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like Jolrael, thats a cool picture, but tied for first is also unmask, wait until DUke sees this

K

K9Archmage

Oh well, i didn't post in the other one because i didn't know there was another one. :-D

HOipa

T

terzarima

Hate to dig up an old thread, but I love discussing artwork.

Uptil about when prophecy came out. RKF (it is Richard Kane-Fergasun, right?) was probably my favourite artists, things like flame elemental and boomerang were outstanding. His art really matched the set.

Mark Zug caught my attention in Urza's Saga. I love Oil paints (I assume he uses them or my last statement is pretty stupid) and his blending was perfect, it was amazing work. Things like Serra angel are examples of his great work.

Kev Walker has seemed to be getting very popular, and I guess it just reflects what the magic community wants. His detail is very good, and it seems realistic. His art continues to amaze me.

Rebecca Guay is another of my favourite artists. Watercolours are always 'interesting', at least to me, and she does a great job with them. Does anyone else notice the thick black lines she's using to outline her drawings these days?

Mark Tedin is a fav of mine as well. I have lots of his old stuff, live Nivenyrral's Disk, which is cool. Back in 4th ed, his work was much simplistic compared to work he's done these days. Things like flying carpet were pretty simplistic, compared to Phyrexian Colosuss (US and 7th ed). He's a great artist.

Donato Gianacola deserves great mention, as he is an incredible artist. Look at his site, I was blown away. I can't say much more.

However, my fav has to be RK Post. His imagination is amazing and his art is superb, my favourite peice has to be unmask, its amazing all by itself. You usually have more to say about your favourite artist, but I don't. Actions speak louder than words, I urge you to go to his site, which is hosted by daydream graphics.

C

Craven

Well, my favorite Artists are DiTerlizzi and Keith Parkinson. All their artworks are great.
However, the best cards are Reya Dawnbringer by Matthew Wilson and Catacomb Dragon by David O'Connor.
I don't know the best set, but some of the new artworks in 7th Edition belong to the worst I have ever seen. Just think of the new Serra Angel or the new Bloodshot Cyclops.

M

Mikeymike

I just found a website that allows to search for cards by artists. I found this page on google so I have no idea how to get there from the home page of the site. Check it out, its got all the pictures of every card, even the more obscure magic sets.

http://www.magiclore.com/MG_ArtistCardset.asp

Its takes a little while to load (even on Cable) b/c its an asp page, but its worth the wait.

T

train

Favorite Cards: Arcanus the omnipotent has taken the cake on this field!!!
Favorite Artists: Richard Kane Ferguson - Chaos... and the delicate strokes that create such chaos...
Favorite Artwork by Set: I have to say I'm impressed by Judgement and Torment most!!! Well, the whole Odyssey Block!