contest

V

Volradon

Ok, i see alot of great ideas on this message board so i wanted to organize a small contest. For, lets say, a week or two each person that wants to can post here any one home-made card that he wants. At the end, everyone who has posted a card here can vote, by PMing me, for any card, other then their own. You should judge the card on creativity, balance in t1, and originality. I mean dont vote for cards like

The Altimate Rod of Angeling Power of Death
Artifact
~this~ cannot be countered or be target of spells or abilities
0: target player looses the game

and not this
My Cool Creature
Creature-Reject
R
1/1

so u get the point
please post your oppinions on this and if u like the idea i will set the dates of start and end

D

Darsh

Black Nova
6RRBB
Sorcery

:Black Nova cannot be countered.
:Each player discards their hand. Remove all permanants and graveyards from the game.
:Each player is reduced to 2 life. If the game is not over in 4 turns, the game ends in a draw.
:players cannot cast an instant or sorcery that would deal damage directly to a player.

"It's the end of the world as we know it."

This will be my card when we start the contest, unless everyone thinks it is broken.
I think the contest is a really great idea!

V

Volradon

K i guess the contest starts now and ends on the 15th. BTW i dont think its broken

[Edited by Volradon on October 5th, 2000 at 04:18 PM]

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
How's this?

Dark-Hearted Mage of Fluffiness
3WB
Summon Defected Cult Member
B,T: Destroy target creature. You lose life equal to it's toughness.
W,T: Destroy target creature. It's controller gains life equal to it's toughness.
3/3

Well, Vendetta and Swords to Plowshares in ONE!!!!

Pretty cool, huh?

Ransac, local doody-head

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Poisonous Haze
1UBBR
Enchantment
When Poisonous Haze comes into play, destory every creature wih toughness 3 or less. It can't be regenerated.
Whenever any creature's toughness is reduced to 3 or less, destroy it. It can't be regenerated.
R: Target creature gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
U: Target creature gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
The elves died before they hit the ground.

Hee Hee! :)

D

DÛke

Here's my card:

Principles of Lust 2UB
Instant
Choose 2 target untapped creatures and tap them.
Put into play a token creature. Treat the token
as a */* creature that counts as an Enigma.
That creature's power is equal to the two tapped
creatures power combined. That creature's toughness
is equal to the two tapped creatures toughness combined.
That creature gains all abilities and color(s) of the
two creatures you tapped to play Principles of Lust.
"Principles of lust are burned in your mind
Do what you want. Do it, until you find: love.
Principles of lust are easy to understand
Do what you feel. Feel, until the end.
"

C

Crazy Pierre

Mesmerize
UUB
Attrition 2
Counter Target Spell
(Attrition Discard a number of cards equal to the Attrition cost)
If the Attrition cost was paid, counter the next spell cast by either player unless that player pays an additional 2.

D

dw51688

Baffle
UU
Counter target spell
Kicker U
If the Kicker cost was paid, then draw a card.

H

Hawaiian mage

I have the most original card.

Will Power.
Artifact
When will power comes into play, remove all permenants and cards in each players hand from the game. Return them to play only if Will power leaves play. Each player skips they'er draw phase.
Any player may forfiet the current game of Magic to destroy Will Power.
For the love of God, forfiet all ready!
-A guy who could win the protuor with a full bladder.

Sort of Ungluedish, but games would cirtainly become interesting...

Nevermind. They would be the most boreing thing on the planet. But it IS original!

F

Firestorm

Bannana
G
Enchant Creature
Enchanted crature gets +1/+1. When Enchanted Creature Deals damage to any player, you may destroy target artifact he or she controls.

Lesser Spider Monkey
GG
Creature- Monkey
Rampage:1, Trample
Lesser Spder Monkey can only be blocked by creatures with flying. If Lesser Spider Monkey damages any opponent, gain control of target land he or she controls.
1/1

Excess
RGB
Enchantment
2: Put a stuff counter into play under your control. Treat this as a 0/1 creature with first strike and first strike that can't be blocked if your opponent controls no untapped lands. This token can't block and cannot be the target of any spell or ability.

T

terzarima

I'll do my trademark card

Silver Dragon
Silver dragon cannot be the target of spells or abilities. Prevent all damage dealt to Silver Dragon. 2 T: Prevent all damage dealt to target creature this turn. 2 t: Target creature cannot attack this turn

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
When will the winner be determined, and will you post how you rank the other cards?

Ransac, well, huh, HUH??

V

Volradon

This is over of friday and then everyone who has entered votes for a card other then the one they entered (note u have to vote u cant win if u dont vote) Does that answer your quistion?

E

Earendil

You may have already seen this...

SALT ELEMENTAL
Creature--0/0 Elemental, 3UU
Islandbane (i.e. cannot attack someone with islands in play, buried if YOU ever control islands. Reverse of islandhome, and similar vulnerabilites [with the problem of Phantasmal Terrain, Lingering Mirage, and Illusionary Terrain added in. Hope you have a Magical Hack handy.])
When Salt Elemental is cast, reshuffle all islands you control into their owners' libraries. Salt Elemental comes into play with X +1/+1 counters, where X is the number of islands reshuffled this way.
Remove 2 +1/+1 counters from Salt Elemental: Counter target spell.

The idea, of course, is that the Salt Elemental will dissolve in water. However, it can also use its own essence to, well, dessicate enemy spells.

M

Mordecai

False Persona W1
Instant
Remove target creature with power less than four from the game. Then, if that creature's power is zero, return it to play under your control.

B

Baskil

Hot Potato 3
Artifact
During your upkeep, put a Time counter on Hot Potato
Sacrifice a Land: Target player gains control of Hot Potato permanently.
At the end of your turn, Hot Potato deals X damage to you, where X is equal to the number of Time counters on Hot Potato.

R

revolt2000x

I have a very substantial library of made up cards, so here's one for this little contest.

Teferi's Study
3UU
Enchantment
Skip your draw step.
Remove the top two cards of your library from the game: Put a study counter on Teferi's Study.
Remove a study counter: Draw a card. Use this ability only during your upkeep.

Is it broken? Well, it's probably close, but who cares.

revolt2000x

V

Volradon

Ok people remember, friday is the last day. On saturday and sunday i would ask that u vote for a card other than yours (if u dont vote u cant win)