Complete Coldsnap Sortable Spoiler

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Here it is

Okay, now that the Pre-Release has happened, we now know all of the cards.

The cards that weren't previewed that grab my attention (keep in mind that I have seen some of these on other sites).

Blizzard Specter: I liked the specters from the Invasion cycle and this one totally kicks Doomsday specter's ass (IMHO). Sure, it's not 2/3, but it doesn't have gating. I know that gating can be a plus if you plan around it, but it isn't always. You can just play this guy and go.

Boreal Druid: Another 1cc mana producer. They always turn heads.

Braid of Fire: Hmm..... I can imagine abuse of this already. I like this card and want to build a casual deck with it.

Cryoclasm: Obviously sideboard, but brutal. Goes in my Ponza sideboard.!

Deathmark: Another sideboard and doesn't say "can not regenerate", but a 1cc kill card is nice.

Flashfreeze: I'm liking these sideboard cards.

Fury of the Horde: This is a free Relentless Assault. Red weenie can DEFINITELY abuse that. Holy Crap...

Icefall: Reusable Stone Rain. I always like that.

Jokulmorder: Not so much that I really enjoy this card, but it's so much better than Leviathan. It's cheaper. It's bigger. True, the sac 5 lands thing sucks, but it doesn't punish you for staying in play, something Leviathan AND Polar Kraken can't claim.

Kjeldoran War Cry: Wow. White got a good Kindle card.

The Martyrs: I'm not extremely impressed, but I'm intrigued.

Rune Snag: This may be good, but I'll have to play with it first.

Vexing Sphinx: I don't think it'll be good, but again, I'm intrigued.

Void Maw: Whoa!!!! This card synergizes with our own Void cards!!!

That's what catches my eye.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Well, now I can talk about the cards all I want.

Braid of Fire = free mana so long as your opponent doesn't get scared of it.

Haakon, Stromgald Scourge = an interesting addition to a knight deck (who ever thought grave digging would be so fun?!)

Thrumming Stone = Makes those winds even more fun to play!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nightstalkers said:
Braid of Fire = free mana so long as your opponent doesn't get scared of it.
The mana can only be used in your upkeep, but that can be worked around.

Nightstalkers said:
Thrumming Stone = Makes those winds even more fun to play!
This makes a lot of things more fun to play........ I can see UR being interesting.... "Wait, let me rearrainge my library and then cast a burn spell or a haste creature........." hahahahahaha

N

Nightstalkers

Mooseman said:
The mana can only be used in your upkeep, but that can be worked around.
Mana during the upkeep is no problem. It's red mana so it can be used for your burn instants and your artifacts. To name a few:
Aladdin's Lamp
Helm of Obedience
Thought Dissector

D

DarthFerret

Mooseman said:
This makes a lot of things more fun to play........ I can see UR being interesting.... "Wait, let me rearrainge my library and then cast a burn spell or a haste creature........." hahahahahaha

Actually, according to a judge at the pre-release, you do not get to reaarange your library. The cards that you ripple have to stay in the same order that they were in originally, because in the words text of the ripple effect it does not state "put the remaining cards on the bottom of your library in any order". This is what I thought at first as well, because I busted the Thrumming Stone, and had 6 different others with ripple (3 of the same card), and asked if I could ripple 8 (he said technically it was ripple 4 two times) and if I could reaarange my libray in groups of 4 (hotly debated among the judges until a level 4 said since the card did not say "in any order" that they had to remain in the same order.) Just thought you guys should know that.

Also, on the Boreal Druid, dont forget that he is a snow permanent, therefore can provide snow mana. it is uncolored, but it is still snow mana!

N

Nightstalkers

I'd like to point out:

217.2d - If an effect puts two or more cards on the top or bottom of a
library at the same time, the owner of those cards may arrange them in any
order. That library's owner doesn't reveal the order in which the cards
go into his or her library. [CompRules 2003/07/01]

217.2.Ruling.1 - If player puts two or more cards on the top or bottom of
another player's library (as with Misinformation), that player may
arrange them in any order (unless otherwise specified) and doesn't reveal
this order to the owner of the library. [D'Angelo 2003/09/08]

Just stating those because at a pre-release I snuck in on I got a judge to side with me sayin' that you could rearrange. Heh, the wonders of having the Comp. rules in your PDA.

D

DarthFerret

I think I may need to download those rules into my Blackberry (once I get it on Monday)! Thanks, that is what I needed to know....now I can just ripple my way to victory!

N

Nightstalkers

However, 217.2.Ruling.1 gives the example of a card that does say "in any order" on the card... so, be careful about that...

N

Nightstalkers

Went out and picked myself up a pack of these... Got a foil Jokulmorder... Martyr of Frost isn't too bad... might toss it in a deck for measure.

The one thing I find prblematic is the rarity structure on the cards. People seem to get confused on the common/uncommon thing. Commons have white symbols and uncommons are blackened.

B

BigBlue

2/1 Pump knights who fly? Hmmm....

Jester's Scepter seems neat... 3 to mill 5 cards and maybe get a counter or two though it does put them back in the graveyard...

Ferret

Staff member
Panglacial Wurm...Ummm...Am I reading this right? If I draw this and a Rampant growth I could play this on turn TWO?!?! That's just wrong...although, it's about time that Green got something to be wrong for a change...

-Ferret

"Turn one with a Lotus Petal, I guess..."

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ferret said:
Panglacial Wurm...Ummm...Am I reading this right? If I draw this and a Rampant growth I could play this on turn TWO?!?!
Um... you are indeed reading that wrong. You can play it from your library, but you still need the seven or so mana to pay for it. It's similar to the knight that can only be played from the graveyard. It comes into play from a different zone, but you still need to pay for it.

D

DarthFerret

Wonder if they will reprint Dream Halls in the Time spiral set?

tag guard

N

Nightstalkers

Just wanted to share this as the general opinion of Dark Depths:

Attachments