Commander: Mooseman v SealTeamBill v Oversoul

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I do believe that the Strix is a 1/1 until the my next turn, as is my Chronoclasm, since P/T setting efects happen in timestamp order oldest to newest
"To apply multiple continuous effects (which apply in the same layer) in timestamp order, apply the effect with the oldest timestamp first, then apply the one with the next oldest, and so on and so forth. "

Well, I screwed that up
Plains
Tap 4 and the Locket, sac it to draw 2 cards
Pristine Skywise
done

Mooseman: 35
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 71
Command Zone (1): 2URW
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Island x2
(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)
(T) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)
(U) Commander's Sphere (, A, {T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.
Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.)
(T) Stone Quarry (, L, ETB tapped. T:R or W)

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 0/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy) *Enchanted with Despondency*
(S) Pristine Skywise (Dragon, 6/4, Flying. Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, untap Pristine Skywise. It gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Izzet Locket
Exile: Divine Reckoning, Increasing Devotion, Mass Diminish

===================================================================================

SealTeamBill: 66
Hand: 2
Library: 75
Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(UU) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTUU) Plains x4
(T) Orzhov Basilica (L, EBT tapped,- When ETB return a land you control to your hand. T: add WB to your mana pool.)
(U)Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchant creature, Enchanted creature is a 0/1 insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.)
Crawl Space (No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)
Swiftfoot Boots (EQ 1 Equipped Creature has hexproof and haste)

(U) Tidehollow Strix (Artifact creature-Insect)(0/1)(indestructible) ~ Darksteel Mutation
(U) Wall of Reverence (W)(1/6)(Defender; Flying. at the beginning of your end step you may gain life equal to the power of a Target creature you control.) *Enchanted with Fallen Ideal*

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Phyrexian Gargantua, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajani's Pridemate, Famine
Exile:

===================================================================================

Oversoul: 37
Hand: 5
Library: 72
Command Zone (1): 2BBUU

Battlefield:
(U,T,T) Snow-Covered Island x3
(U,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

(U) Arcane Signet (T: adds one mana of any color in my commander's color identity to my mana pool.)
(U) Claws of Gix (1, sac a permanent: I gain 1 life.)
(U) Arcum's Astrolabe (When ~ etb, I draw a card. 1,T: adds one mana of any color to my mana pool.)
(U) Talisman of Dominance (T: adds C to my mana pool. T: adds U or B to my mana pool and ~ deals 1 damage to me.)

(S) Ramses Overdark (UB Legendary Creature — Human Assassin Zombie) (4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)
(S) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB Human Wizard Zombie) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Sevinne, the Chronoclasm*
Fallen Ideal (B aura) (Enchanted creature has flying and "sac a creature: ~ gets +2/+1 ueot." When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Wall of Reverence*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Vampiric Tutor
Exile:

U, U gain 2 life, D
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Equipment with the boots and attack Mooseman
Mooseman goes down 6
Gain 6 life from lifelink
Gain 6 life more from wall of reverence
Done

Mooseman: 29
Hand: 4
Library: 71
Command Zone (1): 2URW
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TT) Island x2
(TT) Mountain x2
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)
(T) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)
(U) Commander's Sphere (, A, {T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.
Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.)
(T) Stone Quarry (, L, ETB tapped. T:R or W)

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 0/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy) *Enchanted with Despondency*
(S) Pristine Skywise (Dragon, 6/4, Flying. Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, untap Pristine Skywise. It gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Izzet Locket
Exile: Divine Reckoning, Increasing Devotion, Mass Diminish

SealTeamBill: 80
Hand: 2
Library: 74
Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(TT) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTTT) Plains x4
(T) Orzhov Basilica (L, EBT tapped,- When ETB return a land you control to your hand. T: add WB to your mana pool.)
(U)Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)

Darksteel Mutation (Enchant creature, Enchanted creature is a 0/1 insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.)
Crawl Space (No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)
Swiftfoot Boots (EQ 1 Equipped Creature has hexproof and haste)

(U) Tidehollow Strix (Artifact creature-Insect)(0/1)(indestructible) ~ Darksteel Mutation
(U) Wall of Reverence (W)(1/6)(Defender; Flying. at the beginning of your end step you may gain life equal to the power of a Target creature you control.) *Enchanted with Fallen Ideal*
(V) Sphinx of the Steel Wind (WUB)(6/6)(Flying, first strike, vigilance, lifelink, protection from red and green)~Swift boots (haste and hexproof)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Phyrexian Gargantua, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajani's Pridemate, Famine
Exile:

Oversoul: 37
Hand: 5
Library: 72
Command Zone (1): 2BBUU

Battlefield:
(U,T,T) Snow-Covered Island x3
(U,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

(U) Arcane Signet (T: adds one mana of any color in my commander's color identity to my mana pool.)
(U) Claws of Gix (1, sac a permanent: I gain 1 life.)
(U) Arcum's Astrolabe (When ~ etb, I draw a card. 1,T: adds one mana of any color to my mana pool.)
(U) Talisman of Dominance (T: adds C to my mana pool. T: adds U or B to my mana pool and ~ deals 1 damage to me.)

(S) Ramses Overdark (UB Legendary Creature — Human Assassin Zombie) (4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)
(S) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB Human Wizard Zombie) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Sevinne, the Chronoclasm*
Fallen Ideal (B aura) (Enchanted creature has flying and "sac a creature: ~ gets +2/+1 ueot." When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Wall of Reverence*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Vampiric Tutor
Exile:

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT, Lim-Dul's Vault. I'll go down to 35 life from it. UUD, attack Mooseman with Shadowmage Infiltrator. Blocks/responses?

is that land just coming into play this turn? That last only as long as the land is tapped correct? Your second ability applies only to creatures controlled by your opponents when it resolves creatures that enter the battlefield or come under an opponent's control lighter are unaffected. So another words if another spell is cast after you activate the second ability then the hexproof goes back into effect? Or if the land is destroyed?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The ability is on the stack and the source being destroyed (no longer on the battlefield) doesn't counter the ability.
It lasts until End of Turn. Creatures that come into the BF after the effect is resolved are uneffected. But any spell or ability will not give hexproof or shroud this turn.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Mooseman just answered most of the questions there. To clarify, I have not played a land this turn. Arcane Lighthouse has been on the battlefield since post #88 of this thread. I had previously tapped it for mana in other turns. This turn, during my second main phase, I'm tapping a Snow-Covered Swamp for mana and using that mana for the ability of Arcane Lighthouse. Like Mooseman said, the ability lasts until the end of the turn. Stuff that has shroud or hexproof would go back to having it after my turn is over (and the land being destroyed or not doesn't factor into it).