Commander 2019: Spidey (Faceless Menace) vs Mooseman (Primal Genesis)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. The pitfall of cutting and pasting....

Tap Island and Shrine to morph #2 as Willbender, changing Naya Charm's target to your Rescuer. Responses?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Rescuer goes exile and on vat
UUD
Sungrass Prarie

Done

Spidey: 20
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 3
Library: 85
Command Zone (1): 1BGU
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, G, U])
(U) Shrine of the Forsaken Gods {T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add CC to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells. Activate this ability only if I control seven or more lands)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(U) Face down creature #1 (2/2)
(U) Will Bender (?/?)
(T) Thought Sponge (2/2 from ctr; Flash; ~ ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs on it = to the greatest # of cards Mooseman has drawn this turn.; When ~ dies, draw cards = to its power) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Kadena, Slinking Sorceror (3/3; The first face down creature I cast each turn costs 3 less to cast.; Whenever a face down creature ETB under my control, draw a card)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens
Exile:
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 17
Hand: 4
Library: 87
Command Zone (1):2RGW

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T) Rugged Highlands (, L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. T:R or G)
(T) Ash Barrens (, L, {T}: Add {C} to your mana pool. Basic landcycling {1})
(T) Sungrass Prairie (, L, 1,T: GW)

(U) Mimic Vat (, A, Imprint - Whenever a nontoken creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile that card. If you do, return each other card exiled with Mimic Vat to its owner's graveyard. 3, T: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of the exiled card. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.) ~Recuer~

(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 2/5, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.)
(S) Rhino Token (4/4)

Graveyard: Nya Charm,
Exile: Cliffside Rescuer

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just making sure ;)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Mire in Misery
Responses?

Hand: 2
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Forest
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, G, U])
(U) Shrine of the Forsaken Gods {T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add CC to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells. Activate this ability only if I control seven or more lands)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Face down creature #1 (2/2)
(U) Will Bender (1/2; Morph 1B; When ~ is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target)
(U) Thought Sponge (2/2 from ctr; Flash; ~ ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs on it = to the greatest # of cards Mooseman has drawn this turn.; When ~ dies, draw cards = to its power) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Kadena, Slinking Sorceror (3/3; The first face down creature I cast each turn costs 3 less to cast.; Whenever a face down creature ETB under my control, draw a card)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Mire in Misery
Exile:
===================================================================================

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(U) Mimic Vat (, A, Imprint - Whenever a nontoken creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile that card. If you do, return each other card exiled with Mimic Vat to its owner's graveyard. 3, T: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of the exiled card. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.) ~Recuer~

(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 2/5, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.)
(S) Rhino Token (4/4)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Megamorph face down creature as Den Protector, targeting Mire in Misery. Responses?

Hand: 2
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, G, U])
(T) Shrine of the Forsaken Gods {T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add CC to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells. Activate this ability only if I control seven or more lands)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Den Protector (3/2 from ctr; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block it.; Megamorph 1G; When ~ is turned face up, return target card from my graveyard to my hand) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U)
Will Bender (1/2; Morph 1B; When ~ is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target)
(U)
Thought Sponge (2/2 from ctr; Flash; ~ ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs on it = to the greatest # of cards Mooseman has drawn this turn.; When ~ dies, draw cards = to its power) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Kadena,
Slinking Sorceror (3/3; The first face down creature I cast each turn costs 3 less to cast.; Whenever a face down creature ETB under my control, draw a card)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Mire in Misery
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(U)
Mimic Vat (, A, Imprint - Whenever a nontoken creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile that card. If you do, return each other card exiled with Mimic Vat to its owner's graveyard. 3, T: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of the exiled card. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.) ~Recuer~

(S)
Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 2/5, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I see you're tapped out.

Tezzeret's Gambit
Face down creature for free from Kadena and drawing a card
Shrunken Hollow
Attack with Den Protector, Sponge, and Kadena
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 81
Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Shrine of the Forsaken Gods {T: Add C to my mana pool.; T: Add CC to my mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast colorless spells. Activate this ability only if I control seven or more lands)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Shrunken Hollow (T: Add U or B to my mana pool.; ~ ETB tapped unless I control two or more basic lands)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(T,A) Den Protector (4/3 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block it.; Megamorph 1G; When ~ is turned face up, return target card from my graveyard to my hand) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(U)
Will Bender (1/2; Morph 1B; When ~ is turned face up, change the target of target spell or ability with a single target)
(T,A)
Thought Sponge (3/3 from ctrs; Flash; ~ ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs on it = to the greatest # of cards Mooseman has drawn this turn.; When ~ dies, draw cards = to its power) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T,A) Kadena,
Slinking Sorceror (3/3; The first face down creature I cast each turn costs 3 less to cast.; Whenever a face down creature ETB under my control, draw a card)
(S) Face down creature #1 (2/2)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Tezzeret's Gambit
Exile:

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(U)
Mimic Vat (, A, Imprint - Whenever a nontoken creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile that card. If you do, return each other card exiled with Mimic Vat to its owner's graveyard. 3, T: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of the exiled card. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.) ~Recuer~

(S)
Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 2/5, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You take 6

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(U) Shrunken Hollow (T: Add U or B to my mana pool.; ~ ETB tapped unless I control two or more basic lands)

(T) Den Protector (4/3 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block it.; Megamorph 1G; When ~ is turned face up, return target card from my graveyard to my hand) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(U)
(T)
Thought Sponge (3/3 from ctrs; Flash; ~ ETB with a # of +1/+1 ctrs on it = to the greatest # of cards Mooseman has drawn this turn.; When ~ dies, draw cards = to its power) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Kadena,

Exile:
Mooseman: 11
Dmg from commander: 3/21
Command Zone (1): 2RGW

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain

(U)

(S)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Commander's Insignia
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(T) Den Protector (4/3 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block it.; Megamorph 1G; When ~ is turned face up, return target card from my graveyard to my hand) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(U)
(T)
(T) Kadena,

Exile:
Mooseman: 11
Library: 86

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U) Sungrass Prairie (, L, 1,T: GW)

(U)

Commander's Insignia (, E, Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each time you've cast your commander from the command zone this game)

(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 3/6, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mire in Misery
You can't anything, right?

So attack with all for the win?

Library: 80
Battlefield:

(T,U) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Forest

(T,A) Den Protector (4/3 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block it.; Megamorph 1G; When ~ is turned face up, return target card from my graveyard to my hand) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(T,A)
(T,A)
(T,A) Kadena,
(T,A) Face down creature #1 (2/2)

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Tezzeret's Gambit, Mire in Misery
Exile:
Mooseman: 11 - 0?
Library: 86

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U) Sungrass Prairie (, L, 1,T: GW)

(U)

Commander's Insignia (, E, Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each time you've cast your commander from the command zone this game)

(S) Ghired, Conclave Exile (Human Shaman, 3/6, When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample. Whenever~ attacks, populate. The token enters the battlefield tapped and attacking.) **DEAD??**

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep. Even though I could have sac'd the Enchantment and blocked to save my self, the next card I drew was a land, and even that couldn't save me since Hour of Reckoning is 7cc...…..
Wow, I needed 6 mana to do anything with my hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooo, I forgot about being able to sac an enchantment for Mire in Misery; I almost misplayed that...

Good game! Looks like that's it for Commander decks for now?