Commander 2018: Spidey (Subjective Reality) vs Mooseman (Nature's Vengeance)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Told you that deck was fast and deadly
What happened to the Entreat the Angels you cast?
discard
Barren Moor, Windgraces Judgement
UUD
Swamp
Discard forge of heroes to the Lord
Draw 2

Acidic Slime, you lose the LightForm
Combat to get a token, no attack
Done

Spidey: 25
Hand: 3
Library: 83
Command Zone: WUB Aminatou, the Fateshifter(3; +1: Draw a card, then put a card from my hand on top of my library; -1: Exile another target permanent I own, then return it to the battlefield under my control.; -6: Choose left or right. Each player gains control of all nonland permanents other than ~ controlled by the next player in the chosen direction.; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [W, U, or B] to my mana pool)
(T) Sejiri Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(T) Forsaken Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
(T) Isolated Watchtower (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1, then I may reveal the top card of my library. If a basic land card is revealed this way, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if Mooseman controls at least two more lands than me)

(U) Pilgrim's Eye (1/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, I may search my library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into my hand, then shuffle my library)
(T) Manifested Card from library (2/2; )
(U) Yennet, Cryptic Sovereign (3/5; Flying, vigilance, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, reveal the top card of my library. If that card's converted mana cost is odd, I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Otherwise, draw a card)
(S) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Sol Ring, Esper Charm, Lightform
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Mooseman: 16
Hand:
Library: 82
Command Zone: 2BRG
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Tranquil Thicket (, L, ETB Tapped. T:G. Cycling:G)

Lord Windgrace (, 6, `+2;Discard a card then draw a card. If a land is discards, draw an additional card. -3:Retrun upto 2 target land cards in your GY to the battlefield. -11: Destroy 6 target non-land permanents, then create 6 2/2 green cat warrior creature token with forestwalk.)

(U) Loyal Apprentice (Human, 2/1, Haste. Lieutenant: At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control your commander, create an 1/1 Colorless Thropter artifact creature token with flying.That token gains haste until end of turn.)
(U) Thropter Token (1/1 Flying. Haste)
(S) Acidic Slime (Ooze, 2/2, Death Touch. When ~ ETB, destroy target Artifact, Enchantment or Land.)
Graveyard: Jund Panorama, Putrefy, Warped Landscape, Barren Moor, Windgraces Judgement
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, forgot to put it in my graveyard because I was so excited about casting it for its miracle cost :D

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Telling Time
Attack Windgrace with two Angels and Yennet and you with the other Angel, triggering Yennet and revealing Plains and thus drawing it
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 5
Library: 80
Command Zone: WUB Aminatou, the Fateshifter(3; +1: Draw a card, then put a card from my hand on top of my library; -1: Exile another target permanent I own, then return it to the battlefield under my control.; -6: Choose left or right. Each player gains control of all nonland permanents other than ~ controlled by the next player in the chosen direction.; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [W, U, or B] to my mana pool)
(T) Sejiri Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(U) Forsaken Sanctuary (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add W or B to my mana pool)
(U) Isolated Watchtower (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1, then I may reveal the top card of my library. If a basic land card is revealed this way, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if Mooseman controls at least two more lands than me)

(U) Pilgrim's Eye (1/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, I may search my library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into my hand, then shuffle my library)
(U) Manifested Card from library (2/2; )
(U,A) Yennet, Cryptic Sovereign (3/5; Flying, vigilance, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, reveal the top card of my library. If that card's converted mana cost is odd, I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Otherwise, draw a card)
(T,A) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Sol Ring, Entreat the Angels, Esper Charm, Lightform, Telling Time
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Hand:
Command Zone (already cast once): 2BRG
Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

Lord Windgrace (, 6, `+2;Discard a card then draw a card. If a land is discards, draw an additional card. -3:Retrun upto 2 target land cards in your GY to the battlefield. -11: Destroy 6 target non-land permanents, then create 6 2/2 green cat warrior creature token with forestwalk.)

(U) Loyal Apprentice (Human, 2/1, Haste. Lieutenant: At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you control your commander, create an 1/1 Colorless Thropter artifact creature token with flying.That token gains haste until end of turn.)
(U) Thropter Token (1/1 Flying. Haste)
(S) Acidic Slime (Ooze, 2/2, Death Touch. When ~ ETB, destroy target Artifact, Enchantment or Land.)

Graveyard: Jund Panorama, Putrefy, Warped Landscape, Barren Moor, Windgraces Judgement
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Token and Windgrace die
Orzhov Basilica, returning the Plains to my hand
Magus of the Balance

Done

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [W, U, or B] to my mana pool)
(T) Isolated Watchtower (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1, then I may reveal the top card of my library. If a basic land card is revealed this way, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if Mooseman controls at least two more lands than me)
(T) Orzhov Basilica (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(U) Yennet, Cryptic Sovereign (3/5; Flying, vigilance, menace; Whenever ~ attacks, reveal the top card of my library. If that card's converted mana cost is odd, I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Otherwise, draw a card)
(T) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)
(S) Magus of the Balance (2/2; 4W, T, Sac ~: Each player chooses a # of lands they control = to the # of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacs the rest. Players discard cards and sac creatures in the same way)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Sol Ring, Entreat the Angels, Esper Charm, Lightform, Telling Time
Exile:
Hand:
Command Zone (already cast once): 2BRG Lord Windgrace (, 6, `+2;Discard a card then draw a card. If a land is discards, draw an additional card. -3:Retrun upto 2 target land cards in your GY to the battlefield. -11: Destroy 6 target non-land permanents, then create 6 2/2 green cat warrior creature token with forestwalk.)

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not like it really matters but I should have 2 MTs
UUD
Flameblast Dragon
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Orzhov Basilica (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(S) Magus of the Balance (2/2; 4W, T, Sac ~: Each player chooses a # of lands they control = to the # of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacs the rest. Players discard cards and sac creatures in the same way)

Exile:
Hand:3
Library: 81
Command Zone (already cast once): 2BRG Lord Windgrace (, 6, `+2;Discard a card then draw a card. If a land is discards, draw an additional card. -3:Retrun upto 2 target land cards in your GY to the battlefield. -11: Destroy 6 target non-land permanents, then create 6 2/2 green cat warrior creature token with forestwalk.)

Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Acidic Slime (Ooze, 2/2, Death Touch. When ~ ETB, destroy target Artifact, Enchantment or Land.)
(S) Flameblast Dragon (, 5/5, Flying. Whenever Flameblast Dragon attacks, you may pay XR. If you do, Flameblast Dragon deals X damage to any target)
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Yennet for 3, triggering him and revealing Island which I put into my hand
Plains
Army of the Damned

Done

Library: 78
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [W, U, or B] to my mana pool)

(U) Angel creature token (4/4; Flying)
(U) Magus of the Balance (2/2; 4W, T, Sac ~: Each player chooses a # of lands they control = to the # of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacs the rest. Players discard cards and sac creatures in the same way)
(TTTTTTTTTTTTT) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Mooseman: 13
Library: 81

Battlefield:

(TT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Acidic Slime (Ooze, 2/2, Death Touch. When ~ ETB, destroy target Artifact, Enchantment or Land.)
(S) Flameblast Dragon (, 5/5, Flying. Whenever Flameblast Dragon attacks, you may pay XR. If you do, Flameblast Dragon deals X damage to any target)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Nesting Dragon

Done

Library: 78
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(U) Magus of the Balance (2/2; 4W, T, Sac ~: Each player chooses a # of lands they control = to the # of lands controlled by the player who controls the fewest, then sacs the rest. Players discard cards and sac creatures in the same way)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

(S) Nesting Dragon (, 5/4, Flying. Landfall - Create a 0/2 red dragon egg token defender. When dragon egg dies create a 2/2 flying dragon token with "R:~ gets +1/+0 till EOT.")
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Varina, Lich Queen
Responses?

Library: 77
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Sejiri Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)
(U) Isolated Watchtower (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1, then I may reveal the top card of my library. If a basic land card is revealed this way, put it onto the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only if Mooseman controls at least two more lands than me)

(S) Varina, Lich Queen (4/4; Whenever I attack with one or more Zombies, draw that many cards, then discard that many cards. I gain that much life.; 2, Exile two cards from my graveyard: Create a tapped 2/2 black Zombie creature token)

Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

(S) Nesting Dragon (, 5/4, Flying. Landfall - Create a 0/2 red dragon egg token defender. When dragon egg dies create a 2/2 flying dragon token with "R:~ gets +1/+0 till EOT.")

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I do. That's what the "(TTTTTTTTTTTTT) Zombie creature token (2/2)" are (although they should be untapped)

Attack with all of them, drawing 13 cards and discarding Sower of Discord, Loyal Subordinate, Swamp, Plains x2, Island, Tranquil Cove, Forge of Heroes, Azorius Signet, Orzhov Guildgate, Sphinx of Uthuun, Mulldrifter, and Devastation Tide and gaining 13 life

Responses/blocks/game?

Spidey: 38
Library: 64
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Sejiri Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)

(S) Varina, Lich Queen (4/4; Whenever I attack with one or more Zombies, draw that many cards, then discard that many cards. I gain that much life.; 2, Exile two cards from my graveyard: Create a tapped 2/2 black Zombie creature token)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Sol Ring, Entreat the Angels, Esper Charm, Lightform, Telling Time, Sower of Discord, Loyal Subordinate, Swamp, Plains x2, Island, Tranquil Cove, Forge of Heroes, Azorius Signet, Orzhov Guildgate, Sphinx of Uthuun, Mulldrifter, Devastation Tide
Exile:

Battlefield:

(UT) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(T) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Of course it's game... I told you that deck is freakin fast and broken..... congrats
You played it well, but could have killed me earlier if you'd known my crappy hand...…
I had nothing left: Centaur Vinecrasher, Grapple with the Past and Consign to Dust
I get to play ADAPTIVE ENCHANTMENT for last of these decks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL... good game. It didn't seem fast until I got out Yennet. That guy is pretty..... good. Yeah, I was playing it cautious, you know me :)