Commander 2018: Spidey (Adaptive Enchantment) vs Mooseman (Exquisite Invention)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw 7, keep.

Blossoming Sands, Done

Spidey: 21
Damage from commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 92
Command Zone: 1GWU Estrid the Masked (3; +12: Untap each enchanted permanent I control.; -1: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask attached to another target permanent. The token has enchant permanent and totem armor.; -7: Put the top 7 cards of my library into my graveyard. Return all non-Aura enchantment cards from my graveyard to the battlefield, then do the same for Aura cards.; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Draw 7, Keep
draw
Seat of the Synod
done

Command Zone: 1GWU Estrid the Masked (3; +12: Untap each enchanted permanent I control.; -1: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask attached to another target permanent. The token has enchant permanent and totem armor.; -7: Put the top 7 cards of my library into my graveyard. Return all non-Aura enchantment cards from my graveyard to the battlefield, then do the same for Aura cards.; ~ can be my commander)
Battlefield:

(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Hand: 7
Library: 91
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(U) Seat of the Synod ( AL, T:U)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Highland Lake

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 90
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Highland Lake (, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Azorius Chancery, returning the Island to my hand

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB trapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Izzet Guildgate

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB trapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 89
Command Zone:2UR Saheeli, the Gifted (Planeswalker, 4, `+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
+1: The next spell you cast this turn costs 1 less to cast for each artifact you control as you cast it.
−7: For each artifact you control, create a token that's a copy of it. Those tokens gain haste. Exile those tokens at the beginning of the next end step.
Saheeli, the Gifted can be your commander.)
Battlefield:

(U) Highland Lake (, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)
(T) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Loyal Unicorn

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(S) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:2UR Saheeli, the Gifted (Planeswalker, 4, `+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
+1: The next spell you cast this turn costs 1 less to cast for each artifact you control as you cast it.
−7: For each artifact you control, create a token that's a copy of it. Those tokens gain haste. Exile those tokens at the beginning of the next end step.
Battlefield:

(U) Highland Lake (, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Worn Powerstone

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(S) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 88
Battlefield:

(T) Seat of the Synod ( AL, T:U)
(U) Worn Powerstone (A, ETB tapped. T:2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tapped your Powerstone :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Estrid the Masked
Attack with the Unicorn for 3
Tranquil Cove

Done

Command Zone (cast once): 1GWU
Battlefield:

(T) Island

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)
(S) Estrid the Masked (3;
  • +2: Untap each enchanted permanent I control.
  • -1: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask attached to another target permanent. The token has enchant permanent and totem armor.
  • -7: Put the top 7 cards of my library into my graveyard. Return all non-Aura enchantment cards from my graveyard to the battlefield, then do the same for Aura cards.
~ can be my commander) *3 loyalty ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Worn Powerstone (A, ETB tapped. T:2)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Doesn't look good for me.....
Hope this helps

Untap, upkeep, Draw

MT
Thopter Assembly
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)
(S) Estrid the Masked (3;
  • -1: Create a white Aura enchantment token named Mask attached to another target permanent. The token has enchant permanent and totem armor.
  • -7: Put the top 7 cards of my library into my graveyard. Return all non-Aura enchantment cards from my graveyard to the battlefield, then do the same for Aura cards.
~ can be my commander) *3 loyalty ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 17
Library: 87
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

(S) Thopter Assembly (AC Thopter, 5/5, Flying. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no Thopters other than Thopter Assembly, return Thopter Assembly to its owner's hand and create five 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.)
Graveyard:

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, nice card. Also forgot to put my Tranquil Cove from last turn

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Archetype of Imagination
Attack with the Unicorn for 3
Make a Mask enchantment attached to the Archetype with Estrid

Done

Spidey: 22
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) PLains
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped,; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)

Mask (Enchant permanent; Enchanted permanent has totem armor)

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)
(S) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*
(U) Estrid the Masked (3;
~ can be my commander) *2 loyalty ctrs*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 14
Command Zone: 2UR Saheeli, the Gifted (Planeswalker, 4, `+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

(S) Thopter Assembly (AC Thopter, 5/5, Flying. At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no Thopters other than Thopter Assembly, return Thopter Assembly to its owner's hand and create five 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.)
Graveyard:

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So that makes this one a bit quick
Untap, upkeep,
Assembly returns to my hand an I get 5 Tokens that don't fly
Draw
Blinkmoth Urn

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) PLains
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped,; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)
(S) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 86
Command Zone: 2UR Saheeli, the Gifted (Planeswalker, 4, `+1: Create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
(U) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Blinkmoth Urn (, A, At the beginning of each player's precombat main phase, if Blinkmoth Urn is untapped, that player adds {1} to his or her mana pool for each artifact he or she controls.)

(S) Thropter Token (1/1, Flying)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Get no mana from the Urn since I don't have any artifacts
Attack, triggering my Unicorn's Lieutenant ability, with the Unicorn and Archetype
Responses/blocks?

Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB trapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)
(U) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped,; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)

(U,A) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot)
(U,A) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Flying from itself; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

Blinkmoth Urn (, A, At the beginning of each player's precombat main phase, if Blinkmoth Urn is untapped, that player adds {1} to his or her mana pool for each artifact he or she controls.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 6

Enchantess's Presence on my Unicorn
Evolving Wilds
Use it to get a Forest
Use Estrid to "untap" my enchanted permanents

Done

Hand: 4
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Plains
(T) Forest
(U) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped,; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add W or U to my mana pool)

Enchantress's Presence (Whenever I cast an enchantment spell, draw a card)

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot) *Enchanted w/Presence*
(U) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Flying from itself; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*
~ can be my commander) *4 loyalty ctrs*

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds
Exile:
Mooseman: 8
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Tidings to draw 4 cards
Hedron Archive sac to draw 2 cards
Island
Maverick Thopterist
Discard
Thopter Spy Network, Mountain, Treasure Nabber

Done

Hand: 4
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Plains
(T) Forest

(U) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot) *Enchanted w/Presence*
(U) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Flying from itself; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*

Exile:
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
(T) Island

(U) Thropter Token (1/1, Flying)
(T) Thropter Token (1/1, Flying)
(S) Maverick Thopterist (Human Artificer, 2/2, Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for 1.)
When Maverick Thopterist enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.)

Graveyard: Thopter Spy Network, Mountain, Treasure Nabber
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Added Tidings and Hedron Archive to your graveyard. Weird the crossing out doesn't keep showing up even though we're doing it...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack, triggering Unicorn's Lieutenant ability, with the Unicorn and Archetype
Responses/blocks?

Library: 84
Battlefield:

(U) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB trapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

(U,A) Loyal Unicorn (3/4; Vigilance; Flying from Archetype; Lieutenant-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if I control my commander, prevent all combat dmg that would be dealt to creatures I control this turn. Other creatures I control gain vigilance ueot) *Enchanted w/Presence*
(U,A) Archetype of Imagination (3/2; Flying from itself; Creatures I control have flying.; Creatures Mooseman controls lose flying and can't have or gain flying) *Enchanted w/Mask*

Exile:
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Mountain
(T) Island

(S) Maverick Thopterist (Human Artificer, 2/2, Improvise (Your artifacts can help cast this spell. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for 1.)
When Maverick Thopterist enters the battlefield, create two 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature tokens with flying.)

Graveyard: Tidings, Hedron Archive, Thopter Spy Network, Mountain, Treasure Nabber
Exile: