Commander 2017: Spidey (Feline Ferocity) vs Mooseman (Draconic Domination)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh geez. EOT, put a storage ctr on the Steppe and use the Landscape to get two Plains

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Temple of the False Gods
Spirit of the Hearth, triggering your Regent
Equip the Sword of Vengeance to it, using the Steppe to remove all ctrs

Done

Spidey: 14
Damage from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 84
Command Zone: 3GW Arahbom, Roar of the World (Cat Avatar; 5/5; Eminence-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, another target Cat I control gets +3/+3 ueot.; Whenever another Cat I control attacks, I may pay 1GW. If I do, it gains trample and gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Thicket Expanse (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(T) Thicket Thicket (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool; Cycling G)
(T) Saltcrusted Steppe (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of G and/or W to my mana pool)
(T) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Sword of Vengeance (Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has first strike, vigilance, trample, and haste.; Equip 3)
(U) Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste.; Equip 1)

(U) Spirit of the Hearth (6/5; First Strike, Vigilance, Trample, Haste from Sword; Flying; I have hexproof)

Graveyard: Sunspear Shikari, Myriad Landscape
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Mooseman: 12
Hand: 5
Library: 86
Command Zone: 4WBURG The Ur-Dragon (Dragon Avatar, 10/10, Eminence — As long as The Ur-Dragon is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. Flying, Whenever one or more Dragons you control attack, draw that many cards, then you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.)
Battlefield:

(U) Savage Lands (ETB tapped. T: Add B, R, or G )
(U) Crumbling Necropolis (ETB Tapped. T:U,B or R)
(T) Jungle Shrine (ETB tapped. T: Add R, G, or W to your mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: W . T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)~2 Charges~
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)

Curse of Bounty (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, untap all nonland permanents you control. Each opponent attacking that player untaps all nonland permanents they control.)~Spidey~

(U) Scalelord Reckoner (Dragon, 4/4, Flying/ Whenever a Dragon you control becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, destroy target nonland permanent that player controls)
(S) Crosis, the Purger (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Crosis, the Purger deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2B. If you do, choose a color, then that player reveals their hand and discards all cards of that color.)
(S) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 5/4 from ctr, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Earthquake
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
Attack with the 3 dragons (they get +1/+0)
Draw 3 cards
Put in to the battlefield
Herald's Horn - Dragons
Taigam, Ojutai Master
Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Fractured Identity on your sword
Block?

Command Zone: 3GW Arahbom, Roar of the World (Cat Avatar; 5/5; Eminence-At the beginning of combat on my turn, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, another target Cat I control gets +3/+3 ueot.; Whenever another Cat I control attacks, I may pay 1GW. If I do, it gains trample and gets +X/+X ueot, where X is its power)
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(T) Saltcrusted Steppe (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of G and/or W to my mana pool)
(T) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Sword of Vengeance (Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has first strike, vigilance, trample, and haste.; Equip 3)

(U) Spirit of the Hearth (6/5; First Strike, Vigilance, Trample, Haste from Sword; Flying; I have hexproof)

Exile:
==================================================================================================
Hand: 2
Library: 81
Command Zone: 4WBURG The Ur-Dragon (Dragon Avatar, 10/10, Eminence — As long as The Ur-Dragon is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells you cast cost 1 less to cast. Flying, Whenever one or more Dragons you control attack, draw that many cards, then you may put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.)
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Jungle Shrine (ETB tapped. T: Add R, G, or W to your mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: W . T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)~2 Charges~
(U) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)

Curse of Bounty (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, untap all nonland permanents you control. Each opponent attacking that player untaps all nonland permanents they control.)~Spidey~
Herald's Horn (, A, As Herald's Horn enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Creature spells you cast of the chosen type cost 1 less to cast. At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature card of the chosen type, you may reveal it and put it into your hand.)~Dragon~

(U,A) Scalelord Reckoner (Dragon, 4/4, Flying/ Whenever a Dragon you control becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, destroy target nonland permanent that player controls)
(U,A) Crosis, the Purger (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Crosis, the Purger deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2B. If you do, choose a color, then that player reveals their hand and discards all cards of that color.)
(U,A) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 5/4 from ctr, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury (Dragon, 4/5, Flying Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.Dash)
(S) Taigam, Ojutai Master (Legendary Human Monk, 3/4, Instant, sorcery, and Dragon spells you control can't be countered.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your hand, if Taigam, Ojutai Master attacked this turn, that spell gains rebound. (Exile the spell as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast that card from exile without paying its mana cost.)){R} (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.))
(S) Scion of the Ur-Dragon (Legendary Dragon Avatar, 4/4, Flying. 2: Search your library for a Dragon permanent card and put it into your graveyard. If you do, Scion of the Ur-Dragon becomes a copy of that card until end of turn. Then shuffle your library.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so hold up. You're drawing 3 cards and putting permanents onto the battlefied through The Ur-Dragon, right? Those abilities only work if he's on the battlefield though, right? Eminence only applies to the casting cost of the dragons...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well I read that one wrong...... It seem a bit broken... do you want me to shuffle?
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
Attack with the 3 dragons (they get +1/+0)
Untap all my permanents
Block?

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Jungle Shrine (ETB tapped. T: Add R, G, or W to your mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: W . T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)~2 Charges~
(U) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)

(U,A) Scalelord Reckoner (Dragon, 4/4, Flying/ Whenever a Dragon you control becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, destroy target nonland permanent that player controls)
(U,A) Crosis, the Purger (Legendary Dragon, 6/6, Flying. Whenever Crosis, the Purger deals combat damage to a player, you may pay 2B. If you do, choose a color, then that player reveals their hand and discards all cards of that color.)
(U,A) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 5/4 from ctr, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury (Dragon, 4/5, Flying Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.Dash)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to shuffle - you can use those three cards you drew; if you remember the order, that's great, but if not, no biggie.

Block Crosis.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Crosis Dies
You take 11
Taigam, Ojutai Master
Done

Spidey: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2

Exile:
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (ETB Tapped. T:U,B or R)

(U) Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury (Dragon, 4/5, Flying Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.Dash)
(S) Taigam, Ojutai Master (Legendary Human Monk, 3/4, Instant, sorcery, and Dragon spells you control can't be countered.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell from your hand, if Taigam, Ojutai Master attacked this turn, that spell gains rebound. (Exile the spell as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast that card from exile without paying its mana cost.)){R} (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.))

Graveyard: Earthquake, Crosis, the Purger
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like this is it.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Hero's Blade, triggering Regent
Responses?

Library: 83
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Thicket Expanse (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(U) Blossoming Sands (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)
(U) Thicket Thicket (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool; Cycling G)
(U) Saltcrusted Steppe (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 1, T: Put a storage ctr on ~.; 1, Remove X storage ctrs from ~: Add X mana in any combination of G and/or W to my mana pool)

(U) Hero's Blade (Equipped creature gets +3/+2.; Whenever a legendary creature ETB under my control, I may attach ~ to it,; Equip 4)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Scalelord Reckoner (Dragon, 4/4, Flying/ Whenever a Dragon you control becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, destroy target nonland permanent that player controls)
(U) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 6/5 from ctr, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *2 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury (Dragon, 4/5, Flying Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.Dash)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith, triggering the Regent
Responses?

Hand: 3
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Hero's Blade (Equipped creature gets +3/+2.; Whenever a legendary creature ETB under my control, I may attach ~ to it,; Equip 4)

(S) Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith (5/4; When ~ ETB, search my library for an Equipment card and reveal it. If I reveal a card named Hammer of Nazahn this way, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand. Then shuffle my library.; Whenever an equipped creature I control attacks, I may tap target creature defending player controls)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 7/6 from ctrs, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *3 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Search my library and reveal Hammer of Nazahn, put it onto the battlefield, it triggers and I target my Spirit for the attachment.

Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with the Spirit, triggering Arahbo, so the Spirit is 11/8
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 3
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Hammer of Nazahn (Whenever ~ or another Equipment ETB under my control, I may attach that Equipment to target creature I control,; Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has indestructible.; Equip 4)

(U) Spirit of the Hearth (8/5; First Strike, Vigilance, Trample, Haste; Indestructible from Sword and Hammer; Flying; I have hexproof) *Equipped w/Sword of Vengeance and Hammer of Nazahn*
(S) Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith (5/4; When ~ ETB, search my library for an Equipment card and reveal it. If I reveal a card named Hammer of Nazahn this way, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into my hand. Then shuffle my library.; Whenever an equipped creature I control attacks, I may tap target creature defending player controls)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Sunscorch Regent (Dragon, 7/6 from ctrs, Flying/ Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Sunscorch Regent and you gain 1 life.) *3 +1/+1 ctr*

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kolaghan dies and you take 6 from trample

Forest

Done

Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(U) Forest

(U) Hammer of Nazahn (Whenever ~ or another Equipment ETB under my control, I may attach that Equipment to target creature I control,; Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has indestructible.; Equip 4)

(U) Spirit of the Hearth (8/5; First Strike, Vigilance, Trample, Haste; Indestructible from Sword and Hammer; Flying; I have hexproof) *Equipped w/Sword of Vengeance and Hammer of Nazahn*

Exile:
Mooseman: 6
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard: Earthquake, Crosis, the Purger, Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
Exile: