Commander 2017: Spidey (Arcane Wizardry) vs Mooseman (Vampiric Bloodlust)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with all

Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 25
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 9
Library: 70
Commander Zone (cast twice) 2UBR
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(U) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)
(T) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T,A) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T,A) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)
(T,A) Azami, Lady of Scrolls (0/2; Tap an untapped Wizard I control: Draw a card)
(T,A) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T,A) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm
Exile: Marchesa, the Black Rose
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Dmg from Commander: 4/21
Hand: 1
Library:79
Commander Zone (cast once): 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(U) Urborg Volcano (, L, ETB Tapped. T: Add B or R to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(T) Rakdos Signet (, A, T:RB)
(U) Evolving Wilds (, , T, Sacrifice Evolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer
Exile: Consuming Vapors, Malakir Bloodwitch, Skeletal Vampire

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You have the one card in hand! :)

That's 11.

Done - discard Nin, the Pain Artist and Serendib Sorceror

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(U) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)
(T) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)
(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls (0/2; Tap an untapped Wizard I control: Draw a card)
(T) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm, Nin-the Pain Artist, Serendib Sorceror
Mooseman: 29
Dmg from Commander: 8/21
Library:79
Commander Zone (cast once): 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(U) Evolving Wilds (, , T, Sacrifice Evolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oh, that one card is your doooooooom. Or it's just chafe.
UUD
Mortify the Lady of Scrolls
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2

(T) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)
(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls (0/2; Tap an untapped Wizard I control: Draw a card) ? Mortified
(T) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm, Nin-the Pain Artist, Serendib Sorceror
Library:78
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo. Don't like the Lady?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with all

Hand: 8
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(U) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)
(U) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T,A) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T,A) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)
(T,A) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T,A) Izzet Chronarch (2/2; When ~ ETB, return target instant or sorcery card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm, Nin-the Pain Artist, Serendib Sorceror, Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer, Mortify

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting for the surprise spell :)

That's 11

Apprentice Necromancer

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(U) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)
(U) Temple of the False Gods (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T) Apprentice Necromancer (1/1; B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield. That creature gains haste. At the beginning of the next end step, sac it)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm, Nin-the Pain Artist, Serendib Sorceror, Azami, Lady of Scrolls
Mooseman: 18
Dmg from Commander: 12/21
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(U) Mountain

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer, Mortify

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Me too! :eek:
UUD

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2

(T) Apprentice Necromancer (1/1; B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield. That creature gains haste. At the beginning of the next end step, sac it)

Hand: 2
Library:77
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Rakdos Signet (, A, T:RB)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with all

Hand: 8
Library: 68
Battlefield:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2

(T,A) Apprentice Necromancer (1/1; B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield. That creature gains haste. At the beginning of the next end step, sac it)

Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Mountain

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 12

Izzet Chemister

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2

(T) Izzet Chemister (1/3; Haste; R, T: Exile target instant or sorcery from my graveyard.; 1R, T, Sac ~: Cast any number of cards exiled with ~ without paying their mana costs)

Mooseman: 6
Dmg from Commander: 16/21
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(U) Mountain

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Evolving Wilds to get a swamp

Okay, Here's my big play
UUD
Swamp
Syphon Mind
I draw a card, yoiu discard a card
Falkenrath Noble
Curse of Disturbance Targeting me.
Done and just about done for.

Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2

(T) Izzet Chemister (1/3; Haste; R, T: Exile target instant or sorcery from my graveyard.; 1R, T, Sac ~: Cast any number of cards exiled with ~ without paying their mana costs)

Mooseman: 6
Library:75
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(T) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)

Curse of Disturbance (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. Each opponent attacking that player does the same.)

(S) Falkenrath Noble (Vampire, 2/2, Flying Whenever Falkenrath Noble or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer, Mortify, Evolving Wilds

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oooo. So we both get Zombies from the Curse if I attack you?

I discard Chaos Warp from the Syphon Mind.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tap everyone but the Magus of the Mind to use Inalla's lose life ability targeting you. Responses/game?

Library: 67
Battlefield:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Island x2

(U) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift, Terminate, Comet Storm, Nin-the Pain Artist, Serendib Sorceror, Azami, Lady of Scrolls, Chaos Warp
Mooseman: 6 **DEAD???*
Library:75
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(T) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)

Curse of Disturbance (, EP, Whenever enchanted player is attacked, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. Each opponent attacking that player does the same.)

(S) Falkenrath Noble (Vampire, 2/2, Flying Whenever Falkenrath Noble or another creature dies, target player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Go for the Throat, Terramorphic Expanse, Bloodline Necromancer, Mortify, Evolving Wilds

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I was left with Kindred Charge in hand.
Desperate measures is right.
That is game, I should have put that in my post.
You just stopped my in my tracks and I couldn't ever get anything going.
Good game!!!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! Good game! Thank goodness for Memory Plunder, I think that and Comet Storm turned the game around for me.