Commander 2017: Spidey (Arcane Wizardry) vs Mooseman (Vampiric Bloodlust)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No response
Take 1
Done

Spidey: 39
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 83
Commander Zone: 2UBR Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(T) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(T) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)

(S) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle
Exile: Marchesa, the Black Rose
============================================================================
Mooseman: 46
Hand: 2
Library: 87
Commander Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(U) Urborg Volcano (, L, ETB Tapped. T: Add B or R to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

(T) Vampire Token (1/1, Flying, First strike, Haste)
(S) Token (2/2)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares
Exile: Consuming Vapors, Malakir Bloodwitch

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is the "token" supposed to be the top card of your library so you have 86 cards?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Inalla

Done

Spidey: 39
Hand: 6
Library: 82
Commander Zone (cast once) 2UBR
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(T) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(T) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)

(U) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle, Reality Shift
Library: 87 86?
Commander Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

(S) Token (2/2) Top card of library?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Is the "token" supposed to be the top card of your library so you have 86 cards?
Yep

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Rakdos Signet
Attack for 1 flying
Done

Spidey: 38
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island

(U) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )
(T) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)

Library:84
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(U) Rakdos Signet (, A, T:RB)

(U) Token (2/2)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Inalla
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 7
Library: 81
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(U) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)

(T,A) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(U) Token (2/2)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty, it does, whatever it was :)

Mystifying Maze
Magus of the Mind, using Path and scrying 1, keeping it on the top of my library

Done

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(U) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)

(T) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Card from Manifest

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I could, but won't do any good. Your Blind Obedience causes the token copy to come in tapped, right? So it'll just sit there until the beginning of my end step, doing nothing :cool:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Doesn't it untap during your untap step?
The manafest cards was Skeletal Vampire
UUD
Bloodline Necromancer Pay the extra
Target the Vampire in my graveyard to return to battlefield
Scoured Barrens
Done

Spidey: 37
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])
(U) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)

(T) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)

Mooseman: 48
Hand: 1
Library:83
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T) Urborg Volcano (, L, ETB Tapped. T: Add B or R to your mana pool.)
(T) Rakdos Signet (, A, T:RB)
(T) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)

(S) Bloodline Necromancer (Vampire Wizard, 3/2, When Bloodline Necromancer enters the battlefield, you may return target Vampire or Wizard creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Skeletal Vampire (Vampire Skeleton, 3/3, Flying. When ~ ETB, put two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying into play.
3BB, Sacrifice a Bat: Put two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying into play.)
(S) Bat Token (1/1, Flying)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't it untap during your untap step?
But since I cast it on my turn, isn't my next end step the one during the same turn?

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Magus
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 80
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)
(U) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)

(U) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T,A) Magus of the Mind (4/5; U, T, Sac ~: Shuffle my library, then exile the top X cards, where X is one plus the number of spells cast this turn. Ueot, I may play cards exiled this way without paying their mana costs)

Mooseman: 48
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)

(S) Bloodline Necromancer (Vampire Wizard, 3/2, When Bloodline Necromancer enters the battlefield, you may return target Vampire or Wizard creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Skeletal Vampire (Vampire Skeleton, 3/3, Flying. When ~ ETB, put two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying into play.
3BB, Sacrifice a Bat: Put two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying into play.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 4

Mt
Azami, Lady of Scrolls, using Path and scrying 1, keeping it on top of my library

Done

Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)

(U) Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls (0/2; Tap an untapped Wizard I control: Draw a card)

Mooseman: 44
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T) Mountain

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Are all your creatures wizards?
UUD
Attack with all for 9
Done

Spidey: 28
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Mystifying Maze (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 4, T: Exile target attacking creature Mooseman controls. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control)

(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls (0/2; Tap an untapped Wizard I control: Draw a card)

Mooseman: 44
Library:82
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Scoured Barrens (, L, ~ ETB Tapped. When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {W} or {B} to your mana pool.)

(T) Bloodline Necromancer (Vampire Wizard, 3/2, When Bloodline Necromancer enters the battlefield, you may return target Vampire or Wizard creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
(T) Skeletal Vampire (Vampire Skeleton, 3/3, Flying. When ~ ETB, put two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying into play.
(T) Bat Token (1/1, Flying)
(T) Bat Token (1/1, Flying)