Commander 2017: Spidey (Arcane Wizardry) vs Mooseman (Vampiric Bloodlust)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Tails it is!!!!! I'm playing VAMPIRIC BLOODLUST
Draw 7
Keep
Nomad Outpost
Done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 92
Commander Zone: Inalla, Archmage Ritualist
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 40
Hand: 6
Commander Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(T) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw 7, keep

Draw, Command Tower, Done

Library: 91
Commander Zone: 2UBR Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])

Graveyard:
Exile:
Commander Zone: 3RWB Edgar Markov (Vampire Knight, 4/4, Eminence — Whenever you cast another Vampire spell, if ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Vampire creature token. First strike, haste. Whenever ~ Attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire you control.)
Battlefield:

(T) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Urborg Volcano

Done

Commander Zone: 2UBR Inalla, Archmage Ritualist (4/5; Eminence - Whenever another nontoken Wizard ETB under my control, if ~ is in my command zone or on the battlefield, I may pay 1. If I do, create a token that's a copy of that Wizard. The token gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.; Tap five untapped Wizards I control: Target player loses 7 life)
Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)
(T) Urborg Volcano (, L, ETB Tapped. T: Add B or R to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Jwar Isle Refuge

Done

Spidey: 41
Library: 90
Battlefield:

(T) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Nomad Outpost (, L, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {R}, {W}, or {B} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The battle of the ETB tapped lands.
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Boros Guildgate
Blind Obedience
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Sea Gate Oracle

Done

Library: 88
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])

(T) Sea Gate Oracle (1/3; When ~ ETB, look at the top two cards of my library. Put one of them into my hand and the other on the bottom of my library)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)

Blind Obedience ( Extort (Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {(w/b)}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.)Artifacts and creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Akoum Refuge

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R])

(T) Sea Gate Oracle (1/3; When ~ ETB, look at the top two cards of my library. Put one of them into my hand and the other on the bottom of my library)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 89
Battlefield:

(U) Urborg Volcano (, L, ETB Tapped. T: Add B or R to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gave you your life for it :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Oracle
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 8
Library: 87
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)

(T,A) Sea Gate Oracle (1/3; When ~ ETB, look at the top two cards of my library. Put one of them into my hand and the other on the bottom of my library)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Mooseman: 41
Battlefield:

(U) Boros Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB tapped. {T}: Add {R} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, ding for 1

Swamp
Marchesa, the Black Rose

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp

(T) Sea Gate Oracle (1/3; Dethrone from Marchesa; When ~ ETB, look at the top two cards of my library. Put one of them into my hand and the other on the bottom of my library)
(T) Marchesa, the Black Rose (3/3; Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for the most life, put a +1/+1 ctr on it); Other creatures I control have dethrone.; Whenever a creature I control with a +1/+1 ctr on it dies, return that card to the battlefield under my control at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Consuming Vapors targeting you

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp

(T) Sea Gate Oracle (1/3; Dethrone from Marchesa; When ~ ETB, look at the top two cards of my library. Put one of them into my hand and the other on the bottom of my library)
(T) Marchesa, the Black Rose (3/3; Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for the most life, put a +1/+1 ctr on it); Other creatures I control have dethrone.; Whenever a creature I control with a +1/+1 ctr on it dies, return that card to the battlefield under my control at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile: Consuming Vapors

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo. I'll sac the Oracle so you gain 1.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Marchesa
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 86
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp
(U) Jwar Isle Refuge (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life,; T: Add U or B to my mana pool)

(T,A) Marchesa, the Black Rose (3/3; Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for the most life, put a +1/+1 ctr on it); Other creatures I control have dethrone.; Whenever a creature I control with a +1/+1 ctr on it dies, return that card to the battlefield under my control at the beginning of the next end step)

Graveyard: Sea Gate Oracle
Exile:
Mooseman: 41
Hand: 4
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Graveyard:
Exile: Consuming Vapors (Rebound)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, you have the answers.

Path of Ancestry

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp
(T) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)

Exile: Marchesa, the Black Rose
Mooseman: 46 - added 2 to life because Consuming Vapors looks at toughness, not power like I thought, and Oracle was 3 toughness
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
You gain 3 life from the plowshare
UUD
MT
Malakir Bloodwitch (pay one extra W)
2 for me and lose 2 for you
Create a Vampire token with haste
Attack for 1
Boros Garrison return MT to my hand
Done

Spidey: 38
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(U) Swamp
(T) Path of Ancestry (~ ETB tapped,; T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [U, B, R]. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with my commander, scry 1)

Mooseman: 48
Hand: 2
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(S) Malakir Bloodwitch (Vampire Shaman, 4/4, Flying, protection from white When ~ ETB, each opponent loses life equal to the number of Vampires you control. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)
(T) Vampire Token (1/1, Flying, First strike, Haste)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I messed up on the life, I gave you 3 from the Swords instead of me. So here what I see our life total should have been at the start of your turn plus the adjustments:

Me: 44 -1 from Blind Obedience - 2 from Bloodwitch ETB ability - 1 attack = 40
You: 43 +1 from Blind Obedience + 2 from Bloodwitch ETB ability = 46

So that's what I'll start my turn with unless you find something wrong with that :)

Also, the rebound from Consuming Vapors missed its chance but you can still cast it to get it into your graveyard, if you want.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Merchant of Secrets, scrying 1 from the Path and leaving it on top of my library, and paying 1 to create a copy so I draw 2 cards
Exotic Orchard

Done

Library: 83
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)

Mooseman: 46
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(S) Malakir Bloodwitch (Vampire Shaman, 4/4, Flying, protection from white When ~ ETB, each opponent loses life equal to the number of Vampires you control. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That is better on the life and I missed cast the Vapors, so it stays where it's at.
Your Merchant isn't on the battlefield.... So I put it there.
UUD
MT
Attack with both
Response?

Library: 83
Battlefield:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls can produce)

(S) Merchant of Secrets (1/1, human Wizard. When Merchant of Secrets enters the battlefield, draw a card. )

Mooseman: 46
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Akoum Refuge (, L, ETB Tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life. {T}: Add {B} or {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(T) Malakir Bloodwitch (Vampire Shaman, 4/4, Flying, protection from white When ~ ETB, each opponent loses life equal to the number of Vampires you control. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)