Commander 2016: Spidey (Entropic Rising) vs Mooseman (Breed Lethality)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Boo again. I get 10 Worm tokens.

Done

Spidey: 120
Dmg from Commander: 8/21
Hand: 4
Library: 34
Commander Zone (cast twice): UBRG
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)
(U) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a lands Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Shadowblood Ridge (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)
(U) Simic Growth Chamber (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETBm return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GU to my mana pool)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)
Waste Not (Whenever Mooseman discards a creature card, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.; Whenever Mooseman discards a land card, add BB to my mana pool.; Whenever Mooseman discards a nonland, noncreature card, draw a card)

(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Simic Signet (1, T: Add GU to my mana pool)
(U) Rakdos Signet (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)
(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)
(U) Consuming Aberration (73/73 ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the # of cards in Mooseman's graveyard.; Whenever I cast a spell, Mooseman reveals cards from the top of his library until he reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his graveyard)
(U) Nath of the Gilt-Leaf (4/4; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may have Mooseman discard a card at random.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token)
(T) Academy Elite (17/17 from ctrs; ~ ETB with X +1/+1 ctrs on it, where X is the number of instant and sorcery cards in all graveyards.; 2U, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Draw a card, then discard a card) *17 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Etherium-Horn Sorceror (3/6; 1UR: Return ~ to its owner's hand.; Cascade)
(S) Vial Smasher the Fierce (2/3; Whenever I cast my first spell each turn, ~ deals dmg equal to that spell's converted mana cost to Mooseman.; Partner)
(S) Worm token (1/1) x19

Graveyard: Windfall, Trasios-Triton Hero, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Reforge the Soul, Treacherous Terrain, Evolving Wilds, Whims of Fate, Reliquary Tower, Terramorphic Expanse, Mt, Whispering Madness, Far Wanderings, Forest, Swamp, Past In Flames, Swamp, Forest, Worm Harvest
Exile: Runehorn Hellkite, Rakdos Charm, Curtains' Call
============================================================================
Mooseman: 26
Dmg from Commander: 10/21
Hand: 0
Library: 7
Commander Zone (cast thrice): GWUB

(TTT) Plains
(TT) Island
(TTTT) Forest
(T) Swamp
(T) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(T) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(U) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)
Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

(U) Whispersilk Cloak (Equipped creature can't be blocked and has shroud.; Equip 2)

(U) Custodi Soulbinders (Human Cleric, 12/12 from ctrs; ~ cannot be blocked and has shroud from Cloak; , Custodi Soulbinders enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of other creatures on the battlefield.; {2}{W}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Custodi Soulbinders: Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.) * 10 +1/+1 ctrs* *Equipped w/Cloak*
(S) Orzhov Advokist (Human Advisor, 1/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may put two +1/+1 counters on a creature he or she controls. If a player does, creatures that player controls can't attack you or a planeswalker you control until your next turn.)
(S) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave-Guru of Spores, Doubt Full, No Response, Murmuring Bosk, Dune Blast, Mirror Weave, Astral Cornucopia, Ishai-Ojutai Dragonspeaker, Swamp, Crystalline Crawler, Corpsejack Menace, Sublime Exhalation, Solidarity of Heroes, Command Tower, Golgari Rot Farm, Darkwater Catacombs, Migratory Route, Vulturous Zombie, Grip of Phyresis, Languish, Tezzeret's Gambit, Terramorphic Expanse, Swamp, Spitting Image, Putrefy, Plains, Brave the Sands, Fathom Mage, Sylvan Reclamation, Forest, Disdainful Stroke, Swamp, Forest, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Champion of Lambholt, Opulent Palace, Dreadship Reef, Sol Ring, Necroplasm, Scavenging Ooze, Juniper Order Ranger, Commander's Sphere, Ancient Excavation, Ash Barrens, Bane of the Living, Sungrass Prairie, Golgari Signet, Reveillark, Forest, Cathars' Crusade, Abzan Falconer, Thrummingbird, Plains, Swamp, MasterBiomancer, Island, Cauldron of Souls, Mortify, Merciless Eviction, Treasure Cruise, Inspiring Call, Enduring Scalelord, Azorius Chancery, Arcane Sanctum, Island, Opal Palace
Exile: Hoofprints of the Stag

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU add counters from Avokist (you can too)
Draw
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
EOT: Stuff
Done

Hand: 4
Library: 34
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Thornwood Falls (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a lands Mooseman controls can produce)
(T) Shadowblood Ridge (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)
(U) Simic Growth Chamber (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETBm return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add GU to my mana pool)

Burgeoning (Whenever Mooseman plays a land, I may put a land card from my hand onto the battlefield)
Waste Not (Whenever Mooseman discards a creature card, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.; Whenever Mooseman discards a land card, add BB to my mana pool.; Whenever Mooseman discards a nonland, noncreature card, draw a card)

(U) Chromatic Lantern (Lands I control have "T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool".; T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Simic Signet (1, T: Add GU to my mana pool)

(U) Sangromancer (8/8 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever a creature Mooseman controls dies, I may gain 3 life.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may gain 3 life) *5 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Legendary Creature-Ogre Wizard; 5/4; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, as I cast spells from my hand this turn, they gain cascade (When I cast the spell, exile cards from the top of my library until I exile a nonland card that costs less. I may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of my library in a random order)
(U) Consuming Aberration (73/73 ~'s power and toughness are each equal to the # of cards in Mooseman's graveyard.; Whenever I cast a spell, Mooseman reveals cards from the top of his library until he reveals a land card, then puts those cards into his graveyard)
(U) Nath of the Gilt-Leaf (4/4; At the beginning of my upkeep, I may have Mooseman discard a card at random.; Whenever Mooseman discards a card, I may create a 1/1 green Elf Warrior creature token)
(T) Academy Elite (17/17 from ctrs; ~ ETB with X +1/+1 ctrs on it, where X is the number of instant and sorcery cards in all graveyards.; 2U, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Draw a card, then discard a card) *17 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Vial Smasher the Fierce (2/3; Whenever I cast my first spell each turn, ~ deals dmg equal to that spell's converted mana cost to Mooseman.; Partner)
(S) Worm token (1/1) x19

Graveyard: Windfall, Trasios-Triton Hero, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Reforge the Soul, Treacherous Terrain, Evolving Wilds, Whims of Fate, Reliquary Tower, Terramorphic Expanse, Mt, Whispering Madness, Far Wanderings, Forest, Swamp, Past In Flames, Swamp, Forest, Worm Harvest
Mooseman: 26
Library: 6

(UUU) Plains
(UU) Island
(UUUT) Forest
(T) Swamp
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(U) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)
(U) Underground River (T: Add {C} to your mana pool. T: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool. ~ deals 1 damage to you.)
(U) Temple of the False God (, L, T: Add {C}{C} to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if you control five or more lands)
(U) Darksteel Ingot (, A, Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)
(U) Fellwar Stone (, A, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Citadel Siege (, E, As Citadel Siege enters the battlefield, • Dragons — At the beginning of combat on each opponent's turn, tap target creature that player controls.)
Hardened Scales (, E, If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on a creature you control, that many plus one +1/+1 counters are placed on it instead.)

(U) Whispersilk Cloak (Equipped creature can't be blocked and has shroud.; Equip 2)

(U) Custodi Soulbinders (Human Cleric, 14/14 from ctrs; ~ cannot be blocked and has shroud from Cloak; , Custodi Soulbinders enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of other creatures on the battlefield.; {2}{W}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Custodi Soulbinders: Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.) * 14 +1/+1 ctrs* *Equipped w/Cloak*
(U) Orzhov Advokist (Human Advisor, 1/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may put two +1/+1 counters on a creature he or she controls. If a player does, creatures that player controls can't attack you or a planeswalker you control until your next turn.)
(S) Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate)
(S) Reyhan, Last of the Abzan (Human Warrior , 5/5, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever a creature you control dies or is put into the command zone, if it had one or more +1/+1 counters on it, you may put that many +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.))~5 +1/+1 cntrs~

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Forgotten Ancient, Manifold Insights, Duelist's Heritage, Terramorphic Expanse, Orzhov Signet, Deepglow Skate, Kalonian Hydra, Ghave-Guru of Spores, Doubt Full, No Response, Murmuring Bosk, Dune Blast, Mirror Weave, Astral Cornucopia, Ishai-Ojutai Dragonspeaker, Swamp, Crystalline Crawler, Corpsejack Menace, Sublime Exhalation, Solidarity of Heroes, Command Tower, Golgari Rot Farm, Darkwater Catacombs, Migratory Route, Vulturous Zombie, Grip of Phyresis, Languish, Tezzeret's Gambit, Terramorphic Expanse, Swamp, Spitting Image, Putrefy, Plains, Brave the Sands, Fathom Mage, Sylvan Reclamation, Forest, Disdainful Stroke, Swamp, Forest, Vorel of the Hull Clade, Champion of Lambholt, Opulent Palace, Dreadship Reef, Sol Ring, Necroplasm, Scavenging Ooze, Juniper Order Ranger, Commander's Sphere, Ancient Excavation, Ash Barrens, Bane of the Living, Sungrass Prairie, Golgari Signet, Reveillark, Forest, Cathars' Crusade, Abzan Falconer, Thrummingbird, Plains, Swamp, MasterBiomancer, Island, Cauldron of Souls, Mortify, Merciless Eviction, Treasure Cruise, Inspiring Call, Enduring Scalelord, Azorius Chancery, Arcane Sanctum, Island, Opal Palace

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I will not use your Advokist's ability to put ctrs on my guys :)

Also during your EOT, I'll use the Elite once (draw and discard a Swamp) and return the Sorceror to my hand.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Cast the Sorceror, triggering Aberration, Vial Smasher, and its cascade. Vial Smasher resolves first and deals 6 to you. Aberration resolves next.

Hand: 5
Library: 32
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Island x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U) Forest x2
(U) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Shadowblood Ridge (1, T: Add BR to my mana pool)

(U) Simic Signet (1, T: Add GU to my mana pool)

(U) Academy Elite (16/16 from ctrs; ~ ETB with X +1/+1 ctrs on it, where X is the number of instant and sorcery cards in all graveyards.; 2U, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Draw a card, then discard a card) *16 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Vial Smasher the Fierce (2/3; Whenever I cast my first spell each turn, ~ deals dmg equal to that spell's converted mana cost to Mooseman.; Partner)
(U) Worm token (1/1) x19

Graveyard: Windfall, Trasios-Triton Hero, Goblin Spymaster, Chaos Warp, Cruel Entertainment, Grave Upheaval, Fellwar Stone, Kydele-Chosen of Kruphix, Island, Commander's Sphere, Glint-Eye Nephilium, Reforge the Soul, Treacherous Terrain, Evolving Wilds, Whims of Fate, Reliquary Tower, Terramorphic Expanse, Mt, Whispering Madness, Far Wanderings, Forest, Swamp, Past In Flames, Swamp, Forest, Worm Harvest, Swamp
Mooseman: 20
Library: 6

(UUU) Plains
(UU) Island
(UUUT) Forest
(T) Swamp
(U) Exotic Orchard ( T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(U) Seaside Citadel (ETB tapped. T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)

(U) Custodi Soulbinders (Human Cleric, 14/14 from ctrs; ~ cannot be blocked and has shroud from Cloak; , Custodi Soulbinders enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of other creatures on the battlefield.; {2}{W}, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Custodi Soulbinders: Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying.) * 14 +1/+1 ctrs* *Equipped w/Cloak*
(U) Orzhov Advokist (Human Advisor, 1/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, each player may put two +1/+1 counters on a creature he or she controls. If a player does, creatures that player controls can't attack you or a planeswalker you control until your next turn.)
(S) Reyhan, Last of the Abzan (Human Warrior , 5/5, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it.
Whenever a creature you control dies or is put into the command zone, if it had one or more +1/+1 counters on it, you may put that many +1/+1 counters on target creature.
Partner (You can have two commanders if both have partner.))~5 +1/+1 cntrs~

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The aberration triggered ability get the last 6 cards in my library
I will lose on my next turn, since I have no cards in hand.
That has to be the longest game of attrition we have ever played.
You played your to a tee.
I knew I wasn't going to get anything going with your soft lock in place.
Good Game!!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whew! Man, that was a grind, thanks for being a sport and playing it out. Now I can't remember when that was my strategy - when I cast Past In Flames and was looking over my graveyard cards, I realized I should have been spamming Worm Harvest every turn to build up a token army :rolleyes:

After you got my Cloak and cast the Cauldron, I realized I couldn't defeat you at the time with creatures and attacking so was just hoping to hold you off (my large life total helped :) ) So as long as you couldn't get rid of the Sorceror, I was set.

I guess that's it for Commander 2016 decks. You wanna try Commander 2017 or take a break or something else?