Commander 2016: Spidey (Breed Lethality) vs Mooseman (Entropic Uprising)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 18

Island

Done

Spidey: 29
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 84
Commander Zone: GWUB Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate (I choose any number of permanents and/or players with ctrs on them, then give each another ctr of a kind already there))
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

(T) Champion of Lambholt (2/2 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block creatures I control.; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Kalonian Hydra (16/16 from ctrs; Trample; ~ ETB w/four +1/+1 ctrs on it.; Whenever ~ attacks, double the number of +1/+1 ctrs on each creature I control) *16 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Terramorphic Expanse, Solidarity of Heroes
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Hand: 4
Commander Zone: UBRG Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Ogre Wizard, 5/4, Trample
Whenever Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder deals combat damage to a player, as you cast spells from your hand this turn, they gain cascade. (When you cast the spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.))

Battlefield:
(T Island
(UU) Mountain x2
(UT) Forest x2
(U) Swamp
(T) Sol Ring (,A, T:2)

(U) Wall of Blossoms (Plant Wall, 0/4, When Wall of Blossoms comes into play, draw a card.)
(T) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 7/7, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~2 +1/+1 cntrs~
(T) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, just wow
UU do the Vampire suffle
Draw
Swamp
Curtains' Call targeting your Champion and Hydra
Response?

Spidey: 28
Commander Zone: GWUB Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate (I choose any number of permanents and/or players with ctrs on them, then give each another ctr of a kind already there))
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

(T) Champion of Lambholt (2/2 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block creatures I control.; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Kalonian Hydra (16/16 from ctrs; Trample; ~ ETB w/four +1/+1 ctrs on it.; Whenever ~ attacks, double the number of +1/+1 ctrs on each creature I control) *16 +1/+1 ctrs*

Exile:
Mooseman: 19
Hand: 3
Library: 83
Whenever Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder deals combat damage to a player, as you cast spells from your hand this turn, they gain cascade. (When you cast the spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.))

Battlefield:
(U) Island
(UT) Mountain x2
(UT) Forest x2
(T T) Swamp

(U) Wall of Blossoms (Plant Wall, 0/4, When Wall of Blossoms comes into play, draw a card.)
(U) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 8/8, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~4 +1/+1 cntrs~
(U) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation, Curtains' Call
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah the vampire is 9/9
No response to your saving your creatures
And that is game (35 damage and I can stop 12 total as the board sits)
Wow that was nuts, that Hydra is insane.
Good one.

Spidey: 28
Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
(T) Plains
(U) Island

Exile:
Mooseman: 19
Hand: 3
Library: 83

Battlefield:
(U) Island
(UT) Mountain x2
(UT) Forest x2
(T T) Swamp

(U) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 9/9, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~4 +1/+1 cntrs~
(U) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation, Curtains' Call
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! Yeah, the Hydra was basically my counter to your Blood Tyrant because *that* could have gotten ugly pretty fast as well. Onto the next!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously you know my counter to Curtain's Call :)

I meant since I didn't have any creature removal, I could only put out creatures and race you (at the time and given my hand). I was fortunate that I had Hydra - I don't think a lot of other creatures would have been able to race the Tyrant.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I had a couple dump hands and draw new cards, but since I had the answer in my hand, I didn't want to cycle hands and then not have the mana to cast anything.