Commander 2016: Spidey (Breed Lethality) vs Mooseman (Entropic Uprising)

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Spiderman, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's 18

Island

Done

Spidey: 29
    Dmg from Commander: 0/21
    Hand: 5
    Library: 84
    Commander Zone: GWUB Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate (I choose any number of permanents and/or players with ctrs on them, then give each another ctr of a kind already there))
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
    (T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

(T) Champion of Lambholt (2/2 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block creatures I control.; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
    (T) Kalonian Hydra (16/16 from ctrs; Trample; ~ ETB w/four +1/+1 ctrs on it.; Whenever ~ attacks, double the number of +1/+1 ctrs on each creature I control) *16 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Ash Barrens, Terramorphic Expanse, Solidarity of Heroes
    Exile:
    ============================================================================
    Mooseman: 20
    Hand: 4
    Commander Zone: UBRG Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder (Ogre Wizard, 5/4, Trample
    Whenever Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder deals combat damage to a player, as you cast spells from your hand this turn, they gain cascade. (When you cast the spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.))

Battlefield:
    (T Island
    (UU) Mountain x2
    (UT) Forest x2
    (U) Swamp
    (T) Sol Ring (,A, T:2)

(U) Wall of Blossoms (Plant Wall, 0/4, When Wall of Blossoms comes into play, draw a card.)
    (T) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 7/7, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~2 +1/+1 cntrs~
    (T) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation
    Exile:
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Wow, just wow
    UU do the Vampire suffle
    Draw
    Swamp
    Curtains' Call targeting your Champion and Hydra
    Response?

Spidey: 28
    Commander Zone: GWUB Atraxa, Praetor's Voice (Legendary Creature-Angel Horror; 4/4; Flying, vigilance, deathtouch, lifelink; At the beginning of my end step, proliferate (I choose any number of permanents and/or players with ctrs on them, then give each another ctr of a kind already there))
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
    (T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Azorius Chancery (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WU to my mana pool)

(T) Champion of Lambholt (2/2 from ctrs; Creatures with power less than ~'s power can't block creatures I control.; Whenever another creature ETB under my control, put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
    (T) Kalonian Hydra (16/16 from ctrs; Trample; ~ ETB w/four +1/+1 ctrs on it.; Whenever ~ attacks, double the number of +1/+1 ctrs on each creature I control) *16 +1/+1 ctrs*

Exile:
    Mooseman: 19
    Hand: 3
    Library: 83
    Whenever Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder deals combat damage to a player, as you cast spells from your hand this turn, they gain cascade. (When you cast the spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.))

Battlefield:
    (U) Island
    (UT) Mountain x2
    (UT) Forest x2
    (T T) Swamp

(U) Wall of Blossoms (Plant Wall, 0/4, When Wall of Blossoms comes into play, draw a card.)
    (U) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 8/8, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~4 +1/+1 cntrs~
    (U) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation, Curtains' Call
    Exile:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Isn't the Vampire 9/9 from the counters?

Tap Forest and Chancery for Inspiring Call.
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Yeah the vampire is 9/9
    No response to your saving your creatures
    And that is game (35 damage and I can stop 12 total as the board sits)
    Wow that was nuts, that Hydra is insane.
    Good one.

Spidey: 28
    Battlefield:

(T,U) Forest x2
    (T) Plains
    (U) Island

Exile:
    Mooseman: 19
    Hand: 3
    Library: 83

Battlefield:
    (U) Island
    (UT) Mountain x2
    (UT) Forest x2
    (T T) Swamp

(U) Blood Tyrant (Vampire, 9/9, Flying, trample At the beginning of your upkeep, each player loses 1 life. Put a +1/+1 counter on Blood Tyrant for each 1 life lost this way. ) ~4 +1/+1 cntrs~
    (U) Horizon Chimera (, 3/2, Flash Flying, trample Whenever you draw a card, you gain 1 life.)

Graveyard: Ancient Excavation, Curtains' Call
    Exile:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good game! Yeah, the Hydra was basically my counter to your Blood Tyrant because *that* could have gotten ugly pretty fast as well. Onto the next!
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Curtain's Call was counter to your Hydra......
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Obviously you know my counter to Curtain's Call :)

I meant since I didn't have any creature removal, I could only put out creatures and race you (at the time and given my hand). I was fortunate that I had Hydra - I don't think a lot of other creatures would have been able to race the Tyrant.
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I had a couple dump hands and draw new cards, but since I had the answer in my hand, I didn't want to cycle hands and then not have the mana to cast anything.