Commander 2011: Spidey (Devour For Power) vs Mooseman (Counterpunch)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I bet you'll pull it out.

Untap, upkeep, draw

Attack with Vorosh for 12
Sol Ring

Done

Spidey: 30
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 3
Library: 85
Commander Zone: 2GUB Legendary Creature-Ooze The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ ETB, I may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If I do, it ETB as a copy of one of those cards with a # of additional +1/+1 ctrs on it equal to the power of the other card)
Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (G, U, B))
(U) Dimir Aqueduct (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

(U) Simic Signet (1, T: Add GU to my mana pool)
(U) Dimir] Signet (1, T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (12/12 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *6 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Nezumi Graverobber (2/1; 1B: Exile target card from an opponent's graveyard. If no cards are in that graveyard, flip ~.; --FLIP-- Nighteyes the Desecrator 4/2 (4B: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control))

Graveyard: Memory Erosion
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 22
Hand: 2
Commander Zone:2BGW Legendary Fungus Shaman Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0, ~ ETB with five +1/+1 counters on it. (1), Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. (1), Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. )
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Orzhov Basilica (ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool. )
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB Tappendwith two charge counters on it. T: B. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color . ) ~ 1 chrg cntr~
(T) Darksteel Ingot (Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(S) Symbiotic Wurm (Wurm, 7/7, When Symbiotic Wurm is put into a graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.)

Graveyard: Mortify, Selesnya Guildmage, Tranquil Thicket, Alliance of Arms
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Alpha strike
Block/Response?

Commander Zone: 2GUB Legendary Creature-Ooze The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ ETB, I may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If I do, it ETB as a copy of one of those cards with a # of additional +1/+1 ctrs on it equal to the power of the other card)
Battlefield:

(U) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (G, U, B))
(U) Dimir Aqueduct (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (12/12 from ctrs; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *6 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Nezumi Graverobber (2/1; 1B: Exile target card from an opponent's graveyard. If no cards are in that graveyard, flip ~.; --FLIP-- Nighteyes the Desecrator 4/2 (4B: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control))

Exile:
Library: 84
Commander Zone:2BGW Legendary Fungus Shaman Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0, ~ ETB with five +1/+1 counters on it. (1), Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. (1), Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. )
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest
(U) Orzhov Basilica (ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool. )
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB Tappendwith two charge counters on it. T: B. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color . ) ~ 1 chrg cntr~
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Symbiotic Wurm (Wurm, 7/7, When Symbiotic Wurm is put into a graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My Forest is supposed to be tapped to pay for the Sol Ring.

During Attackers, I'll tap all but the Command Tower to activate the Graverobber's ability four time, exiling Alliance of Arms, Mortify, Selesnya Guildmage, and Tranquil Thicket in that order and letting each ability resolve before activating the next. Any responses during this process?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So after the last resolves, your graveyard is empty and he flips.

I will use him to block a Soldier token and dmg can resolve if you want.

Battlefield:

(T) Dimir Aqueduct (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Forest

(T) Simic Signet (1, T: Add GU to my mana pool)
(T) Dimir] Signet (1, T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)

(U) Nighteyes the Desecrator (4/2; 4B: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest
(U) Orzhov Basilica (ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool. )
(U) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB Tappendwith two charge counters on it. T: B. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color . ) ~ 1 chrg cntr~
(U) Darksteel Ingot (Indestructible. {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. )

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Symbiotic Wurm (Wurm, 7/7, When Symbiotic Wurm is put into a graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Damage does resolve
Soldier dies and you take 13
Vow of duty on the Hunter
Done

Spidey: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Dimir Aqueduct (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UB to my mana pool)
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Forest

(T) Vorosh, the Hunter (14/14 from ctrs and vow; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *6 +1/+1 ctrs* ~Dootie bound~
(U) Nighteyes the Desecrator (4/2; 4B: Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest
(T) Orzhov Basilica (ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, bounce a land. T: Add WB to your mana pool. )

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, you wrote "dootie". And see? I knew you would come back...

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Island
Tribute to the Wild
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (G, U, B))
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U) Forest
(U) Island

(U) Vorosh, the Hunter (14/14 from ctrs and vow; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *6 +1/+1 ctrs* ~Dootie bound~

Graveyard: Memory Erosion, Tribute to the Wild
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest

Vow of Duty (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has vigilance, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)

Graveyard:
Exile: Alliance of Arms, Mortify, Selesnya Guildmage, Tranquil Thicket

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you might...

Eternal Witness
Responses?

Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (G, U, B))
(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

(U) Vorosh, the Hunter (14/14 from ctrs and vow; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *6 +1/+1 ctrs* ~Dootie bound~
(S) Eternal Witness (2/1; When ~ ETB, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Memory Erosion, Tribute to the Wild
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)

Graveyard: Darksteel Ingot

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll get back Tribute to the Wild

Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

(S) Eternal Witness (2/1; When ~ ETB, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(U) Forest

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh.....
UUD
Plains
Attack with all
Blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUU) Plains x3
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 5
Wurm and soldier die
I get 7 insect tokens
Guru of Spores
Create 4 saporling tokens
Done

Spidey: 12
Battlefield:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains x3
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Vivid Marsh (~ ETB Tappendwith two charge counters on it. T: B. T, Remove a charge counter from ~: Add one mana of any color . ) ~ 1 chrg cntr~

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Guru of Spores (1/1, ~ ETB with five +1/+1 counters on it. (1), Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. (1), Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. ) ~1 +1/+1 cntrs~
(S) Saporling token (1/1)

Graveyard: Darksteel Ingot, Symbiotic Wurm

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, use the Desecrator and targeting your Wurm

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tribute to the Wild, meaning you have to sac the Vow
Dark Hatchling, targeting Guru
Buried Alive, getting Brawn, Wonder, and Wrexial the Risen Deep

Done

Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

(U) Vorosh, the Hunter (14/14 from ctrs and vow; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~)
(U) Eternal Witness (2/1; When ~ ETB, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)
(U) Symbiotic Wurm (Wurm, 7/7, When Symbiotic Wurm is put into a graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated)

Graveyard: Memory Erosion, Tribute to the Wild, Buried Alive, Brawn, Wonder, Wrexial-the Risen Deep
Exile:
Commander Zone:2BGW Legendary Fungus Shaman Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0, ~ ETB with five +1/+1 counters on it. (1), Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. (1), Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. ) *cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(TTT) Plains x3
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Forest

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)
(S) Insect Token (1/1)

Graveyard: Darksteel Ingot, Vow of Duty

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No flying attack? Weird
UUD
Plains
Alpha strike for at least 11
Squallmonger (, 3/3, 2: Squallmonger deals 1 damage to each creature with flying and each player. Any player may play this ability.)
For 3 more.
game?

Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T) Forest
(T) Island

(U) Vorosh, the Hunter (14/14 from ctrs and vow; Flying; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may pay 2G. If I do, put 6 +1/+1 ctrs on ~)
(U) Eternal Witness (2/1; When ~ ETB, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)
(U) Symbiotic Wurm (Wurm, 7/7, When Symbiotic Wurm is put into a graveyard from play, put seven 1/1 green Insect creature tokens into play.)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3; Flying; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated)

Graveyard: Memory Erosion, Tribute to the Wild, Buried Alive, Brawn, Wonder, Wrexial-the Risen Deep
Exile:
Hand: 1
Library: 83
Commander Zone:2BGW Legendary Fungus Shaman Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0, ~ ETB with five +1/+1 counters on it. (1), Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield. (1), Sacrifice a creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. ) *cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Plains x4
(TT) Swamp x2
(T) Forest

(T) Soldier Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Snake Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Insect Token (1/1)
(T) Saporling token (1/1)

Graveyard: Darksteel Ingot, Vow of Duty

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Alpha strike for at least 11
That was why I didn't attack - I needed him to block. But you had the Squallmonger :(

Good game! I thought I had a chance there, but needed more creatures or removal to hold off your token rush...

I think that's it for 2011 decks. What do you want to do next?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Without the squalmonger I don't think I win.
My commander needed to much mana to run quickly
Man I thought you had me a few times
What else is there? Older commander decks?