Cockatrice?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have experience with Cockatrice? I was looking for the New Phyrexia Apprentice patch and the dude who does it says people should really switch over to Cockatrice.

R

rokapoke

Well, it's a lot like a Thicket Basilisk. But it flies, too.

D

DarthFerret

I have always used the basilisk over the cockatrice, but that is because I generally put a lure and a regen on my basilisk (not as effective on a flying creature). I actually have a full playset of cockatrice (all from unlimited I think).

N

Nightstalkers

My biggest question would be whether or not it is supported under workstation or suitcase. Problem with these programs that you can play magic is that it doesn't give you easy interface to deckbuilding.

For the new guys: Magic Suitcase and Magic Workstation are great tools to get quick statistics on mana scaling, creature size, etc. without having to sit there with pen and paper handy to figure everything out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I did mean the software; unintentionally, it seems that if you didn't know about it and answered card-wise, that kind of indirectly answered my question :)

Nightstalkers: I'd have to check it out further. As the database builder for Suitcase though, I know it's primarily supposed to be used as an inventory program, the deck-building was an afterthought (I mean, I guess since you have all of your cards there, you might as well see what decks you can build with them). What would be ideal is transferring your inventory from Suitcase back to Apprentice/Cockatrice so you can build decks with your cards.

Mooseman said:
Never heard of it, but I never heard of Apprentice until I came to this site.
I hadn't heard of Cockatrice either until this search for the New Phyrexia patch, but as we all know Apprentice isn't supported any longer and it seems that the set builder for Apprentice endorses Cockatrice as a decent replacement. And it's open-source, so support seems to be active. But like I said, I'll check further.

R

rokapoke

I did mean the software; unintentionally, it seems that if you didn't know about it and answered card-wise, that kind of indirectly answered my question :)
Sarcasm is so hard to convey over the forums. I realized that you wanted to ask about the software program (of which I was indeed unaware), but it was much more fun to answer it my way.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I downloaded it, but can't find any sealed pack generator. Can't really sort by set.... Not much in the way of documentation.