Clockwork Cool

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey guys, can you help me with slimming down my deck a bit, and any other suggestions you might have? The welding jars are fore artifact kill or Akromas Vengence...I was thinking about splashing white for the 2/5 Artifact untargetable guy, is that still viable here?

What do you guys think?

Artifacts
4 Clockwork Beetle
3 Clockwork Condor
3 Triskelion
2 Dragon Blood
2 Power Conduit
1 Crystal Shard
4 Mry Retriever
3 Bottle Gnomes
4 Welding Jar

Color
3 Spikeshot Goblin
3 Fabricate
4 Regress
4 Thirst for Knowledge

Land (24)
4 Cloudscape
4 Stalking Stones
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of Synod
2 Mountain
2 Island
2 Temple of the False God

M

Mikeymike

Hey FoR, long time no see! Hope things are going well.

Anyway, I too am trying a 1/1-counter deck, mine is focused more on green.

But I would consider Forgotten Ancient for this guy, since its easily splasable and its probably the easiest way to add counters to everything. It does change the color base however.

Leonin Abunas (the new Guardian Beast) I think you might be able to stay away from for now, b/c your greatest threat is Akroma's Vengeance and such. If Glissa becomes a challenge, along with standard targeted removal, then I'd look to Abunas. Actually, Abunas does make a good percentage of your creatures untargetable so maybe he is worth a look.

I know, I'm no help :D

T

train

isn't there an enchantment that makes artifacts untargetable?...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Hey, thanks MikeyMike! I never actually left though, I still lurk the ole' boards from time to time. I considered what you said about green, and I realized the only reason I still had red in was for the spikeshot goblins. That's just not going to cut it. Green or White are obviously the best options. I chose green, because of the free artifact destruction, and mana excel plus search (Cloudpost). White pretty much only offers the guardian beast like you mentioned. And also as you pointed out, my real threat is Akromas Vengence. So I think a combination of Mry Retrivers and Skeleton Shards for ongoing ressurection is the best course. I can simply bring Triskelion back to my hand instead of bouncing him. Anyway, I included much less copies of some minor support cards because of A) Fabricate, B) Sylvan Scrying thinning land and C) Ill be cycling through my deck with thirst of knowledge anyway. And every artifact here can be ressurected, either by Chump blocking the mry or pinging him with Trisk.

What do you guys think now ?

Artifact
4 Bottle Gnomes
4 Clockwork Beetle
4 Mry Retriever
2 Triskelion
1 Clockwork Condor
1 Clockwork Vorrac
2 Power Conduit
1 Dragon Blood
2 Skeleton Shard

Blue
4 Fabricate
4 Thirst for Knowledge

Green
4 Sylvan Scrying
4 Deconstruct

Land (24)
4 Cloudscape
4 Stalking Stones
4 Tree of Tales
4 Seat of Synod
3 Forest
3 Island
2 Vault of Whispers

K

Killerbob

isn't there an enchantment that makes artifacts untargetable?...
yes, Hannahs Custody. 2W as far as I remember. Always liked it, but have never used it.

N

Nightstalkers

Metalworker

You want mana fast? get this guy to pump up your mana supply at the price of revealing your hand.

R

Reverend Love

Isn't there a card which will place a counter on every one of your cards?..I'm sure I've seen one just can't recall it.

T

train

There's an enchantment that does that...

saproling something... i think.

I NEED MY CRYSTALKEEP!!!...:mad:

K

Killerbob

Here you are:

Afiya Grove

Color= Green Type= Enchantment Cost= 1G MI(R)
Text (MI+errata): ~this~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. ; At the beginning of your upkeep, move a +1/+1 counter from ~this~ onto target creature. ; When ~this~ has no +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it.

stinks...

Cycle of Life
Color= Green Type= Enchantment Cost= 1GG MI(R)
Text (MI+errata): Return ~this~ to its owner's hand: Target creature you played this turn is 0/1 until your next upkeep. At the beginning of your next upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.

stinks...

Decree of Savagery
Color= Green Type= Instant Cost= 7GG SC(R)
Text (SC): Put four +1/+1 counters on each creature you control. ; Cycling {4}{G}{G}. ; When you cycle ~this~, you may put four +1/+1 counters on target creature.

interresting, but expensive

Elven Rite
Color= Green Type= Sorcery Cost= 1G SH(U)
Text (SH+errata): Distribute two +1/+1 counters among one or two target creatures.

looks ok to me

Ferocity
Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 1G MM(C)
Text (MM): Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked, you may put a +1/+1 counter on it.

stinks...

Forgotten Harvest
Color= Green Type= Enchantment Cost= 1G PY(R)
Text (PY): At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove a land card in your graveyard from the game. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

maybe in some decks

Invigorating Boon
Color= Green Type= Enchantment Cost= 1G ON(U)
Text (ON): Whenever a player cycles a card, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature

have to build your deck on it.

Ley Line
Color= Green Type= Enchantment Cost= 3G MM(U)
Text (MM+errata): At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player may put a +1/+1 counter on target creature of his or her choice. [Oracle 2002/03/01]

some people use this, but I dont like it. Too costly for a card which help opponent too.

Predatory Hunger
Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= G EX(C)
Text (EX+errata): Whenever an opponent plays a creature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.

maybe in some environments

Thrive
Color= Green Type= Sorcery Cost= XG PY(C)
Text (PY): Put a +1/+1 counter on each of X target creatures

might be fine

Titania's Boon
Color= Green Type= Sorcery Cost= 3G US(U)
Text (US): Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.

maybe even better