Clever plan?

I

Istanbul

Starvation 1BB
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains 'This creature's controller must sacrifice a creature during his upkeep. If he does not, tap this creature and it deals damage to its controller equal to its power. This creature may not be sacrificed in this way.'

Whatcha think?

D

DÛke

I think it's cool, but it's over powered. 1BB to completely molest the creature base of an opponent? Yeah...

3BB seems fair, after all, you are NOT only getting rid of a potential threat, but also threating the opponent himself, and the rest of his creatures.

I

Istanbul

Wasn't really sure about the mana cost, but...five mana? This is ultimately a slow Wrath...2BB, I think.

D

DÛke

Wrath of God can't deal damage to your opponent. I think it shoudl cost 3BB because it, by itself, can completely misplace an opponent during a game. Think about it, if he has 2 creatures, he would either take damage, every turn, and not even get to use the creature, or sacrifice the other creature, and then still, take damage on later turns. It's very powerful, and I'm even thinking of 2BBB, or 4BB. For now, 3BB seems fair though...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Who cares! It's not worth arguing about. It's just a made up little cards....NO ONE CARES!

T.J.:p

D

DÛke

Actually, I seem to recall from Istanbul's other card-making posts, he does like to argue a bit. Besides, SOMEONE has to point out the flaws of the cards, otherwise, nobody would learn how to make cards...

...arguing, actually, is the reason why we have good, innovative card-makers here like FoR, Istanbul, TICM, and myself...

Here's a card to argue about:

Thundering Spirit (2R)
Creature - Spirit
Haste, Trample.
At the end of the turn, sacrifice Thundering Spirit.
Thundering Spirit gains -*/-0, where * is the number of cards in all players' hands.
3BB: Players discard their hands.
10/1

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If the cards don't matter, then why do you even come to this part of the message boards?

Starvation is probably fine at 2BB or 3BB.
It is best against big creature decks. But those decks can easily be beaten with removal, so it isn't that overpowering.
If you think of it as a way of possibly turning one's best creature against oneself, it starts to seem better.

Thundering Spirit
I like this card much better than Ball Lightning. It is so much more useful; it might even be used in a weird deck just to exploit its activated ability.

F

FoundationOfRancor

2BB is ok for it, because they can still keep a creature, and it is a creatur enchantment. 3B is really ok too.

Im not sure why Thundering Spirit is even here.