Chromium's Revenge

N

Notepad

Okay, I built this deck, but it isn't working so well. It should rock, but something is grinding up the whole synergy and I have no idea what it is. Any help is appreciated. Here it is:

10x Swamp
10x Island
10x Plains
30x Chromium

N

Notepad

Very well. I think the problem was that I don't have enough land. Here's the new deck:

30x Chromium
30x Shyft
30x Coalition Victory
10x Island
10x Swamp
10x Forest
10x Plains
10x Mountain
20x City of Brass

Think this will work better?
Advice always welcomed.

13NoVa

win the lotery, or fi you're just TURBORich... do this....

20X black lotus
20X lightning bolt
20X ancestral recall..

(ill sack lotus, draw 3, play lotus, draw 3, draw 3 again, sac lotus, 3 red mana floating, bolt for 9, play lotus, sac lotus for blue, use 3 recalls, draw 9 cards... bolt 6 more times... play 3 lotus, play 9 ancestral recals)

Edit: i actually have this deck on apprentice, and just to piss people off, sometimes i act like i dont know the rules to the game and play this deck... people get PISSED when i play 3 lotus, 9 recalls, draw 27 cards, and repeat, draw my whole deck, and bolt for a ton

N

Notepad

I don't see how your advice will work, but okay. I want Chromium to be the focus of the deck, sdo I had to up the number a bit. The new list:

100x Chromium
30x Shyft
30x Coalition Victory
20x Ancestral Recall
20x Black Lotus
20x City of Brass
10x Island
10x Swamp
10x Forest
10x Plains
10x Mountain

K

Killerbob

You need Rashida Scalebane. In case anyone steals your Chromiums. Of course you need as many Rashidas, as you play Chromiums, so I would go with 100.

Add 1 Battle of Wits. But only 1. Extra copies are dead cards.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by SeFRo
Okay, I built this deck, but it isn't working so well. It should rock, but something is grinding up the whole synergy and I have no idea what it is. Any help is appreciated. Here it is:

10x Swamp
10x Island
10x Plains
30x Chromium
Can't beat my deck with 500 Astral Slides and 200 Lightning Rifts.

I think it's the 30 Chromiums that are tying you up.

N

Notepad

Thanks for the advice. I don't like as many Rashidas as Chromiums, as Chromium is the main dood, so the numbers are split with Visara. Also, the Astral Slide deck will not beat me, because like the Borg, I have assimilated it! So here is the updated deck.

1,000x Chromium
500x Astral Slide
200x Lightning Rift
100x Shyft
100x Coalition Victory
100x Ancestral Recall
50x Rashida Scalebane
50x Visara the Dreadful
20x Black Lotus
20x City of Brass
10x Island
10x Swamp
10x Forest
10x Plains
10x Mountain

N

Notepad

Invalid. The deck is to feature Chromium, so he can get revenge. Feldon's Cane will not go in.

However, I think artifacts are needed. Since you are the expert on Artifacts, train...which would help?

T

train

1,000x Chromium
100x Coalition Victory
100x Ancestral Recall
100x Weird Harvest
100x Cromat
50x Sneak Attack
20x Black Lotus
20x Volcanic Island
20x Bayou
15x Tundra
15x Badlands
15x Taiga

Dragon Arch...
Triassic Egg...
Altar of Dementia...
Lifeline...
Eye of Yawgmoth...
Monkey Cage...

I made some adjustments to the deck... Here's why... if you sneak cromat - you can then instantly cast the victory - you win because of duals and cromat... The shyft has to be in play at the beginning of your upkeep to work...

The sneak also allows multiple Chromiums in play(even if only for a second) to show the seriousness of... oh never mind...

Anyhow - Chromium - Chrome - Cromat... that's why it's neat for Cromat to be in there also...

The Altar shows that not only does Chromium smack you silly - but he adds insult to injury and takes some of the deck with him...

The other artifacts are just different ways of manipulating P/T, CC, and other features of Chromium/Cromat...

N

Notepad

I will take your suggestion into consideration. However, that build requires at least 50 of each of the BASIC lands in addition to waht's there.

Thanks.

T

train

SeFro - you don't need the basics... all because of the invasion FAQ... It was ruled that way for duals...

Coalition Victory
Color= Multi Type= Sorcery Cost= 3WUBRG IN(R)
Text (IN): You win the game if you control a land of each basic land type and a creature of each color.
--A land which is of multiple types or creature which is of multiple colors counts for each of its types and/or colors. [Invasion FAQ 2000/10/03]

"Trust me - I'll be a judge soon...":eek: :p

N

Notepad

Understood, but you see, basics look better when compared to Chromium...

*hates to admit that Chromium looks like crap when next to a bunch of dual lands*

...so the land mix has to be dilluted a bit with basics, which function better to showcase Chromium.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by SeFRo
Thanks for the advice. I don't like as many Rashidas as Chromiums, as Chromium is the main dood, so the numbers are split with Visara. Also, the Astral Slide deck will not beat me, because like the Borg, I have assimilated it! So here is the updated deck.

1,000x Chromium
500x Astral Slide
200x Lightning Rift
100x Shyft
100x Coalition Victory
100x Ancestral Recall
50x Rashida Scalebane
50x Visara the Dreadful
20x Black Lotus
20x City of Brass
10x Island
10x Swamp
10x Forest
10x Plains
10x Mountain
This is a waste of time f00l. Here's my deck.

1337x Chromium

If some cracker doesn't just let you win, bitchslap them.
(I am not black, I don't think I'm black. I'm sorry if you find cracker offensive, cracker.)

This might be fun.

7770x Chromium
2000x Survival of the Fittest
3.1415629535x Living Death
90x Forest
91x Swamp

N

Notepad

I call it, Chromiums Revenge v 2.0
(will work just as well as MTGO v 2.0)

1337x Chromium
500x Astral Slide
200x Lightning Rift
200x Living Death
100x Wild Mongrel
100x Shyft
100x Coalition Victory
100x Ancestral Recall
100x Survival of the Fittest
50x Rashida Scalebane
50x Visara the Dreadful
20x Black Lotus
20x City of Brass
100x Island
100x Swamp
100x Forest
100x Plains
100x Mountain

R

Reverend Love

20x Timetwister
20x Black Lotus
6x Coalition Victory
10x Cromat
1 Fastbond
1 Bayou
1 Volcanic Island
1 Tundra

Smack down your lotus's, play timetwister, lotus for the colors you need but keep 1 for another twister, Rinse cycle repeat.