Christmas Loot!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I got Stronghold: Crusader and with a gift card to Target, got Age of Empires II! Now I need time to play all these dang games! :p

S

Svenmonkey

Well you made a good choice with the Age of Empires II. Did you get The Conquerers expansion as well?

I've never played Stronghold: Crusader, though I was looking at it for a while. It looks a lot like Age of Empires centered more around individual castles and siege weapons, rather than a whole kingdom.

I wish I had some new games to play, but I'm stuck with repeatedly attempting (and failing) to download America's Army add-ons and playing Deus Ex (which came with my new sound card).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, didn't have a lot left after also getting Friends: Complete Season 2 on DVD.

I was thinking about Age of Mythology but that was too much.

I have Stronghold so I knew I wanted Crusader; from what I read of the manual of Age of Empies, it is like it but with more emphasis on castle building. Siege weapons not so much... if you can get the demos from Fileplanet you can see for yourself.

Ferret

Staff member
I got Wild Arms 3 and Gameday 2003 for the PS2. Both are loads of fun. I also got a bunch of coffee mugs (one features Diablo from 'Goats'!) and a pack of clove cigarettes that I'll never smoke...

-Ferret

"...and, of course, the mother of all colds!"

S

Svenmonkey

I got Deus Ex and Giants: Citizen Kabuto as bundled software, though the Giants one won't run for some reason. Deus Ex is pretty addictive and stuff, but there's far too little ammunition in the game (I keep having to kill people with crowbars because I'm out of ammo).

D

Darkstar

I treated myself to a new computer... now that im broke Im just glad I worked at a lan game center before christmas break so I have all my fav games on cd and already put on it. And my granma got me The Two Towers for Ps2... its kewl but short.

And of course I got a mother load of sox and undies... and I got a walmart card... which im sure will buy some tobacco products and jerky next time im in town!

Z

Zero T Katama

Made off With a Gamecube, Memory card, Controller, Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, and Super Smash Brothers Melee, as well as a new 19" moniter for my computer, and The Collector's edition of Age of Mythology. I think I'm set, don't you?

T

train

Those Wal-Mart cards are the Schiznit!!!...

But we used them for groceries and such...:(

That's okay though... as a big-late X-mas gift my wife just agreed ot let me buy-out some kid's Magic collection for $150.00...

:eek:

That's pretty cool...:D :cool:

Man I love that Woman!!!... Thanks Babe!...

S

Svenmonkey

The idea of groceries purchased at Wal-Mart is sickening.

T

train

The idea of groceries at Wal-mart is not sickening... they get their food from the same place Kroger and Albertson's and major other chains get their groceries, the manufacturer...

So there's no difference in the brands unless you go with store brands... and believe it or not... those are mostly made by name brand manufacturers also...

Whats sickening is purchasing just about anything from stores that do not maintain freshness dates... Sinc ei worked in Waly World's Grocery dept. personally - I can tell you that i saw a few people get fired for not maintaining aisles...

I also have to look out for my family... and Wally World has it all - even Magic cards...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's okay though... as a big-late X-mas gift my wife just agreed ot let me buy-out some kid's Magic collection for $150.00...
I saw in my local ads someone was selling their Magic cards for that same price, 150 rares/foils and 1000+ other cards. I wanted to get it but it turns out that we need another car so nix on that... :(

T

train

Man... that would've been a decent deal if the cards were in good shape...:cool: