Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rando

"I think that I will go back to the tavern and get a feel for the local populace. Get to know them." Rupert stood and shook out his robes.

"You will inform us of anything you discover, will you not?" asked Murdock, now standing.

Rupert and Murdock moved towards the Hall's front doors. The other three magistrates stayed behind in their chambers.

"Oh yes sir." Rupert answered. "As soon as I find out anything usefull, you will be the first I report to."

"Excellent, my young friend." said Murdock. "We are after all on the same side in this. I serve the king. You serve the king. You have our full cooperation and I it is good to see that we have your's. I do not wish for us to seem the kind of bumpkins that detest interference from the outside."

As they stepped outside, Rupert turned back around. "Dear sir, thus far you have shown nothing but the utmost respect for my office. You can be sure the king will hear good things about the magistrates of the Southern Provence. I now take my leave of you. Good day."

"Good day". replied Murdock, and he went back inside.

Rupert stood upon the steps of the hall for a moment and surveyed the town, tucking his gidted glove into the folds of his robe. He decided to simply head back to the Whistling Lady.

He made his was down the dusty streets. It was late afternoon by this time but the street was more or less deserted. Rupert recalled there being quite a lot pf people out and about on his arival, but now no one.

It began to unnerve him. Rupert stopped in the middle of the street and turned around. Behind him, just ten feet away, were six men he had not noticed. Each was in the raged cloathing of a peasant, but they also wore grey hoods with crude eye-holes cut into them.

Before he could yelp, the men were on him and wrestling Rupert into a near by building that turned out to be an abonadoned shop of some kind. They threw him onto the shop floor and all came inside, locking the door behind them.

They pressed him into the floorboards and all huddled around. One of them spoke.

"You are not welcomed here, regardless of what the magistrates will have you think. The king's prescious silver mine will not re-open. The steal will go through, and the king will have to deal, ON HIS OWN, with the ramifications of leaving us in this wasteland to rot."

With a rush they all exited, leaving Rupert there alone. He lay there a moment, until he was certain all of his assailants were gone. He stood up and peered out the smeared shop windows. No one was on the street.

Choose Your Path...

A - Procede on mission and continue to the tavern.
B - Go back to Provential Hall and report this.
C - Send a message North for aid in this affair.
D - Look for someone in town to hire as a body guard.
E - Flee

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
If they were going to slaughter poor "Rupert", they would have just now. I think he's safe enough, for the time being. I think he should continue on as planned, and he should keep an eye out for an opportunity to change those clothes.

Just a thought...:p

N

Nightstalkers

looking for a bodyguard is a waste of time. Everyone is suspicious.

Going for help is a logical way to be replaced by a more experienced investigator.

fleeing sounds nice... but where to flee to?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably going "undercover" would be beneficial. But I also vote for continuing on to the tavern.

T

train

Can we explore the place we're in now... look for names, papers, clues, anything?...

Otherwise - we should've gone to the mines...:rolleyes: ;)

R

Rando

Keep talking.

I'm going to start leaving these up for 48 hours instead of 24 hours in the hopes that more then 6 people will read it and vote.

jp

R

Rando

You have chosen "A", go on to the tavern and continue as planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.