Check this out!

F

FoundationOfRancor

I was crusin around Mtgnews, and I saw an old thread about a movie cycle. I thought to myself "Say, thats a swell I idea!"
Anyway, I know this would never happen, but these are the order and subject I think the movies would/should be in.

Movie #1:
Rath and Storm basically. No changes really need to be made, it was an excellent book.

Movie #2:
The Thran.
Make better dialouge, but ok.

Movie #3:
Brothers war.
End with the sylex explosion.

Now, these movies probablly wouldnt be ordered, because none of them make any sense when put together. They would kinda just be hanging there, waiting for the next bunch of movies to sequel them.

Movie #4:
Focus very little about planeswalker, alot about Time Streams.

Movie #5:
Bloodlines. This may be able to be fit into Movie #4.

Movie 6#:
Mercadian Masques and Nemesis. Skip phropecy all together. There was really no point to it.

Movie #7:
Invasion to Apoc.
Fit in some where how Rayne died, make it some noble thing invovled with the war.

Now obviously, this is never going to happen. I would be suprised to see Wotc make even one move, I would be dead If I saw them make 7.
If they ever do make a movie (and I hope your reading this random Wotc member), I think it should be about The Brothers War. And just end it when Urza blows up the sylex, not with him ascending.

So...this was just fun.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen the D&D movie to see if it's any good, but the general impression I get is that it's not (or they could have done a lot more). With this in mind, maybe it's better not to make movies based on Magic...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

The best things about Magic from a storyline prespective are 1) extremely hard to show in a movie format (and this is not helped by the fact that it would be made in the same fashion as the D&D movie) and 2) not present in the Weatherlight storyline at all, which is mostly just bad sci-fi with fairies thrown in.

Any movie made about the Weatherlight saga would be worse for Magic than anything done to it so far.
You're right FoR; for an Urza related movie to be OK, it would have to stop at the ascendancy.

The whole Weatherlight thing would be best expressed in an epic of some sort.

G

Goku

Every themed movie would be good, if it followed the story, with good actors.. but they never do. Take D&D, for instance. Or X-Men. The list goes on and on- if WOTC does make a MTG movie, I doubt it will be any good, no matter what saga it concerns itself with.

T

terzarima

Hey! X-men was good! However D&D was downright crappy. k I would also be surprised if they made a movie, considering the standards set up for todays movies. But I would watch them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It would probably depend on the writer's/script and the director's vision.

80's Spiderman movie: bad
upcoming one: who knows?
first couple of Batmans: okay
last couple: not so good
same with Superman movies
Incredible Hulk: sub-par

M

Mundungu

Maybe they should make a movie about MAgic, not about the Magic storyline.

LIke Driven, or the fast and furious with a zest of Top Gun...

With rivals competing "to death" for the pro tour and an unknown how went through the qualifiers/grinders to pull his way to the top 2.

He eventually would be the forgotten brother of the former champion and the local sexy judge (Jlo) would eventually fall in love with him.

On his way to the top he would have to defeat fearless players like the Evil John Long (played by bradd pitt), the old guru Zvisiwitch (I dont know who would fit here), the acclaimed champion Jim Finkelm (Sly) and the german juggernaut Kai Brudde (Arnold Schwarzenneger).

With a lot of exiting shots of the heart stopping action between rounds, the overwhelming presence of the DCI with its plots as evil law enforcement body of the World controlling Wizards.

The champ would set new standards and eventually break the DCI, take over the management of Wizards and bring peace to the world and end famine.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Zvisiwitch could be Anthony Hopkins!

"I ate his Spiritmonger... with farvar beans and a nice keante."

G

Goku

The Critic!

One of my favorite shows of all time... I still watch the reruns on Comedy Central late night.

N

Necrosavant

Jays sitting in his chair with a Spiritmonger image on the little screen...
He holds up his hand, and decrees:
"It stinks!"

T

terzarima

Nah nah, Ian McKellen should be Zvisiwitch, providing that Zvisiwitch can be old... Or he could be that funny movie critic guy... not siskel or ebert, he's short and funny.

Oh, and you can't forget the Canadian champion Harry Smart.

G

Goku

Yes, he mostly directs now... but I am a big fan of his acting work, as well, and I believe that it would be very interesting to see him again.