Check me out.

N

Notepad

Two years ago, was Ed colsulted on this stuff? Or was it a debate without his knowing, like this one?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if he was aware of it (I hope he was), but the decision was made to keep it Magic so it was moot whether he was involved or not then.

N

Notepad

Not really moot. If he was aware of the issue, we'd know he's at least thought of this stuff before, and might have an idea on how hard or easy it would be to implent change.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that was a concern since that wasn't the prime reason for not changing. The prime reason was people wanted to keep it Magic, not whether it would be difficult to change.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Spidey, you're right - there were several different plans on what should be done at the time, including a complete revamping of the forums. My thought (which is what I meant above) was to keep as much of the Magic flavor here as possible, and to augment what we were doing by covering other games of interest, like Warhammer, D&D, PC/video games, etc.

IIRC, Ed (Mike) wasn't adverse to the idea, since he hadn't really been playing Magic all that much at the time. I don't know if that's changed or not though - I could IM him and see, I reckon.

But, as Spidey said, it didn't really matter at some point because the support simply wasn't there at the time for a change. It looks like pretty much everyone here is at least considering changing things this time though, so I'd say it has a much better chance of happening.

T

train

We'd mentioned not changing, but just opening more up - television shows, other games, etc, since I've been here - but I must've missed the big debate...

Hey Rando - Nice to see you around!...

I'm train, by the way...:D