Twisted experiment X4
Diabolic edict X4
vendetta X2
Mind swords X4

Suggestions? modifications? ideas?
Help!

S

Seeker of Truth

Aren't there better cards to use in Type I than Skittering Horror and Mind Swords? You could probably keep your mana curve below 3 if you wanted to. I would suggest Erg Raiders, Carnophage, Unholy Strength, Paralyze, Foul Imp, Molting Harpy, Spineless Thug and Fallen Askari. If you want to play discard (which I think is counterproductive to suicide black), Hymn to Tourach is better than Mind Swords, I think. Also, with the number of 1-toughness creatures you have, maybe Spinal Graft is a better choice than Twisted Experiment. A finisher like Haunting Misery or Drain Life, or even Howl from Beyond, may be useful as well.

Remember, the key in Type I is speed. This deck can't win in 1 turn like some Type I decks can, but I would conservatively put the clock on this deck at about 3-4 turns, which isn't too bad under normal circumstances. If at all possible, avoid cards that cost lots of mana (3+).

I'd also add more creatures and cut back on lands a bit.

I

Istanbul

Here's mine.

19x Swamp
1x Mishra's Factory

4x Dauthi Marauder
4x Fallen Askari
4x Dauthi Mercenary
2x Spined Fluke
4x Carnophage
4x Pit Imp
2x Junun Efreet
4x Black Knight

4x Bad Moon
4x Unholy Strength
3x Dark Triumph
1x Subversion

In general, this deck comes out swinging and doesn't stop. An opponent has to set up a lightning-fast defense to stop me, and sometimes even that's not enough. Fully half of my creatures have some manner of evasion (flying or shadow), and of those that don't, only the Carnophages lack any useful special ability. (Marauder has shadow. Askari has flanking. Mercenary has shadow. Spined Fluke regenerates. Carnophage...B for 2/2. Pit Imp flies. Junun Efreet flies. Black Knight has first strike and prot white.) Unholy Strength on almost any of my creatures is something to groan about, and Carnophages can be fed to Spined Fluke or Dark Triumph if I don't want them anymore. Overall, this deck has a very solid track record.

G

galtwish

If it is an all common tournament, don't you think you will be seeing this kind of deck

4 Lightning Bolt
4 Incinerate
4 Chain Lightning
4 Fireblast
4 Goblin Grenade
1 Flame Rift
4 Goblin Patrol
4 Mogg Fanatic
4 Mogg Conscripts
4 Keeper of Kookus
4 Raging Goblin
17 Mountians

If so, I'd build black like this
4 Duress
4 Hymn to Tourach
4 Erg Raiders
4 Dauthi Slayer
4 Dauthi Horror
4 Fallen Askari
2 Skittering Horror
4 Spinning Darkness
4 Diabolical Edict
4 Nausea
4 Dark Ritual
18 Swamp

The lifegain/removal in the Spinning darkness is awesome against Red, and the higher toughness monsters and evasion make it easier to race the weenies. 20 to the head will usually still win, though.

Good luck,
Erik

S

Spaceman Spiff

tag guard

heres my take on it:

Skittering skirge X4
unholy strenth X4
hymn to tourach X4
duress X4
unearth X4
vendetta X3