Cauldron Dance

N

NeuroDeus

This card seems very interesting... 4RB Instant to be plkayed only in a combat stage and gets a critter from graveyard and puts it back in your hand... and takes a creature from your hand and puts in your graveyard... It would be interesting to play the card with a "Come into play ability (CIP)" and "Goes into a graveyard ability"

Reya Dawnbringer?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't most of the "goes to graveyard" abilities also state "from play"?

I think WOTC learned their lesson with the Rukh Egg on this one. ;)

S

superguy

Draco, Devouring Strossus, or anything else bigger if you're not looking at constructed can work very well with Cauldron Dance.

N

NeuroDeus

Spiderman the critter that is destined for the graveyard goes FROM PLAY then TO THE GRAVEYARD!!!

R

rkoelsch

Cauldron Dance
Color=Multi Type=Instant Cost=4BR IN(U1)
Text(IN): Play ~this~ only during combat. ; Return target creature card from your graveyard to play. That creature gains haste. Return it to your hand at end of turn. ; Put a creature card from your hand into play. That creature gains haste. Put it into your graveyard at end of turn.

You must have a creature in your graveyard to play this spell since it requires a valid target. [Invasion FAQ 00/10/03]
You can play this spell when you have no creature card in your hand. If this happens, simply ignore that part of the spell. You still bring the graveyard creature into play and still return it to your hand at end of turn. [Invasion FAQ 00/10/03]
If the targeted creature in the graveyard is removed before resolution, this spell will be countered since its only target will be invalid. [Invasion FAQ 00/10/03]
Note - Also see Haste, Rule A.18.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that helps. I guess that's what the ... was for, but I just thought it was part of the "thinking" process.

M

Mikeymike

I used to run this thing in my old Sneak Attack deck for fun, taking advantage of the big creatures in the deck. Devouring Strossus, Avatars Collosi, stuff like that. Its very nice with come-into-play effect creatures and especially Weatherseed Treefolk (play him from your hand, he comes back to your hand, repeat, repeat).