Cateran emperor's Book Club

C

Cateran Emperor

If anyone else recently got the anthology the Myths of Magic, then you may have noticed that in the back of the novel is the first chapter of Invasion, by J. Robert King!!!!!!!

Just in case you're interested, Mr. King also wrote the fantastic Magic novel the Thran and if the first chapter is any inkling, done a fantastic job writing Invasion. There's more action in 10 pages of it than the entire Masques block books combined!

Overall so far, the anthology also is rather good, with such things as a tale of the Magistrate which includes caterans (to be discussed when next I feel like it ;) )

To wrap it up, I give chapter 1 of Invasion it 10 beheaded Rebels!
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Comments are welcome of course. Anyone else read it yet?

N

Neo_Keo

no but I saw an ran through it at the bookstore realy quick.
It looked realy good. :D

M

mogg bomber

I have the book, but I've only read the Invasion chapter and a few of the other stories so far. The Invasion chapter is amazing, for the first time ever the Weatherlight crew is actually interesting. J.Robert King is at least the second best magic author(the only magic author I like better is Jeff Grubb), and he is much better than most of the other magic authors.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

OMG i'm agreeing with the Emperior. He** must have frozen over(wait, didn't it in the Ice Age. That chapter was godly. The rest of the book we pretty good, especialy the story about the Phyrexians.

T

terzarima

Man, the chapter takes the storyline further and makes sense (in that odd magic way) the characters seem different from Merc. Masques but in a better way.... I think the chapter is going to build a lot of hype for the expansion

C

Cateran Emperor

Hooray, some other people apparently have seen this! Good to see that perhaps some people listened to me when I said this was GOOD.