Casual T2 Deck goes to Tourney...

Killer Joe

...and does okay. The best comment of this past Friday night tournament was, "Wow, 'Counter-Burn', that's old-school." Woohoo! I loved it. I played Island, next turn Mountain, the look on my opponent's face was a treasure. Here's the list:
4x Powder Keg
2x Morphling
4x Counterspell
4x Miscalculation
4x Rewind
2x Thwart
2x Power Sink
4x Brainstorm
1x Stroke of Genius
4x Seal of Fire
4x Shock
1x Edge of Rath (hey, I said it was a casual deck)
1x Dust Bowl
8x Mountain
12x Island
4x Faerie Conclave

Game Record for the night:5-6-2
Match Record for the night:2-2-1
I actually made T8 in an 18 participant tourney. For me, that's good. My first match was againt the dude who ended up by winning it all ($5 enterance fee and winner gets 10 packs of Nemesis) and I was his only non-win match of the night (it was a draw). He played some wicked version of an opposition deck, it was hell but I held on. Anyway, I'm going back next week and I just might take this lil' gem, can anyone give any suggestions?
BTW, Replenish and Bargin were heavy this night.

G

galtwish

Annul, Mana Short, and Misdirection in the SB. Mana Short is amazing, even under 6th Edition. It really hurts Bargain ("..discard 5 cards, cast Soul---Wait, wait. You have to give me time to respond to using the Skirge. Mana Short, empty your pool".) Not very nice, but people playing Bargain should get what ever it takes thrown at them. It buys a turn during the upkeep against Replenish as well.

Erik