Casual Pestilence Decks (Yeah that's right more than 1)

D

Darsh

I need help, I've changed my Multiplayer Pestilence deck AGAIN but I'm not sure that it's better than my older version, could you all help by telling me which version is better or which cards are better than others?

Version 1:
13xSwamp
11xPlains
2xCity of Brass
2xUrza's Armor
3xBottle Gnomes
2xWall of Junk
2xVampiric Tutor
3xCemetery Gate
2xDark Banishing
3xDark Ritual
4xPestilence
2xEnlightened Tutor
2xVoice of Grace
2xWall of Glare
3xNightwind Glider
4xDisciple of Grace

Version 2:Added more walls for extra defense
13xSwamps
11xPlains
2xUrza's Armor
3xBottle Gnomes
3xDark Ritual
3xExpunge
3xCemetary Gate
2xPlague Spitter
4xPestilence
4xDisciple of Grace
2xNightwing Glider
2xWall of Glare
2xAlabaster Wall
2xWall of Swords
2xWorship
2xEnlightened Tutor

Help:(

K

K

I will comment the second version of the deck, Darsh.

Wouldn't Pariah fit in better than the Urza's Armor? Pariah, plus a Nightwind Glider, and a Pesti could mean the game's vicotry, for you anyway.

I don't like the Expunges and in your deck, not much anyway. Why not replace them with 3 Diabolic Edicts? Pestilence might will not a creature with protection from Black, but Diabolic Edit will, after you kill all his creatures anyway, which shouldn't be a problem with those Pestilences.

Plus, Duress might come in handy between now and then. Any deck with Black should include them. They're lifesavers.

4x Duress
2x Pariah
3x Bottle Gnomes
3x Dark Ritual
3x Diabolic Edict
1x Cemetary Gate
2x Plague Spitter
4x Pestilence
4x Disciple of Grace
2x Nightwing Glider
2x Wall of Glare
1x Alabaster Wall
1x Wall of Swords
2x Worship
2x Enlightened Tutor

Now, all you have to do is tweak the mana base.
I hope I helped, Darsh.

D

Darsh

Thanks, K I was thinking about taking out the Expunges anyway, all I ever did was cycle them.
And now the new deck.

:insert groaning and mumbling curses here:

Version 3.0! (Soon I will have more versions than AOL itself! MWAHAHA!)

-Creatures-21
3xBottle Gnomes
2xWall of Junk
2xPlague Spitter
3xCemetary Gate
2xWall of Swords
2xWall of Glare
3xNightwing Glider
4xDisciples of Grace

-Spells-15
2xEnlightened Tutor
2xWorship
2xPariah
4xPestilence
3xDark Ritual
2xDiabolic Edict

-Lands-24(What's wrong with the manabase anyway?)
13xSwamps
11xPlains

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No black/white Dual land (which I forgot the name of right now...)?

I liked Urza's Armor. I've played the Urza's Saga preconstruct that has Pestilence in it and the Armor helps a little.

Don't know if you really have trouble but I'd max out on the Edicts. Can't have too much removal until you get a Pestilence out.

K

krichaiushii

I have always found Wall of Souls to be terribly useful in multiplayer games.

The new Obsidian Acolyte could help immensely, being problack and giving creatures pro black and all (make friends and influence people). At a common, its not too difficult to obtain.

Though WW+ to cast, the Paladin en-Vec could prove most useful, as could Cho-Manno, Revolutionary. Especially as targets for your Pariah.

A Glacial Chasm or two could let you do great big Pestilences with little fear of retaliation. Syphon Soul and/or Subversion could fuel the upkeep cost. As a land, its generally harder to kill in a multiplayer game than the Worship (or Pestilence) will be.

Scrubland is the name of the original dual land, while the painland is called... Salt Flats, I believe.

In regards to K's comment, though I agree that Duress is great in a duel, I think it has little place in a multiplayer deck (unless your strategy is to concentrate solely on one person at a time...) due to its affecting only one person. Unless there has been some errata I am unaware of... ;)

That's all.

G

Griffion2000

Put in 4 COP:Black.

Defenantly a helper with this deck.

D

Darsh

Spiderman: I don't have any of the duals, might try the Edicts.

krichaiushii:I've thought about the walls too just haven't found space for them yet, Obsidian Acolyte I completely forgot about him, he's defintly going in, I'm trying to stay away from the double W casting cost because of the double black of Pestilence, Only 1 glacial chasm, thought about the Syphon Soul might try it out.

Griffion2000:It's a bad idea in a deck like this, I think it's much better to find ways to completely nullify the damage than to spend 1 mana for every one damage, that's why I have the Worship and Pariah and to a lesser extent the Bottle Gnomes, they all help keep me ahead in the life race.

G

Griffion2000

:(

You hurt my feelings :(

I'm J/K :)

I see your point :)

Againts burn, this deck does very bad though :(