casual merfolk deck

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Cat Quinten, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Cat Quinten New Member

With Time Spiral now out Lord of Atlantis is now a merfolk so I decided it would be fun to make a deck to celebrate this over due upgrade. This is my first attempt at a merfolk deck as well so I wasn't sure on what should be in it. Then again trying new things is what makes the game fun.

Creatures
    4 Tidal Warrior
    4 Manta Rider
    4 Lord Of Atlantis
    4 Merfolk Raiders
    4 Sandbar Merfolk
    4 Coral Merfolk
    3 Seahunter
    1 Temporal Adept

Spells
    3 Counterspell
    3 Unsummon
    4 Bommerang
    4 Washout

Enchanments
    4 Sea's Claim

Lands
    18 Island
  2. Limited Yes, but we won't care

I'm not sure I'd play the Merfolk Raiders.. 2/3 is very nice, but the Phasing is a drag. I also don't think you need the Temporal Adept if you are playing that many bounce-spells.

You could consider adding some card drawing. I would suggest Saprazzan Heir and Coastal Piracy.
    Oh, and I'd think that Quicksilver Fountain would be a lot nastier way to create Islands.. If you put a couple of Oboro's in your deck, the flood will never go away :D
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'm really surprised to see that there is not a Coat of Arms somewhere in the list... At least one - with all that control?... It would be worth it to hear someone say they got stomped by fish...

Just wouldn't want it to be me...
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The pusher's back! :D
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

"Got Coat?!.."

(I'm trying to get back into the boards again... I just don't have the cushion I used to job-wise... being the Director of IT has me doing tons more than helpdesk duties... :rolleyes: )
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's what you get for leaving your cushy other job! :D
  7. train The Wildcard!!!...

Man - I miss those 4 days a week - but with all these other benefits - It'd be a really hard decision to go back to something like that...

Either way - I still pay attention to Magic, just not as active - but working on changing that also...
  8. Jareth Goblin King Grinning Lavamancer

This may be risky, but I would try skullclamp. You can spare a merfolk now and then since their are a number of them. Loose on merfolk, but draw a Lord of Atlantis and seahunter. Also, as soon a LOA hits the table he is going to be a target, so at least with skullclamp on him he won't die in vain
  9. train The Wildcard!!!...

I honestly had forgotten about skullclamp - good one...

man - I need to freshen back up...
  10. 4EYES New Member

Hear hear... Limited seems to remember a build I brought to the table quite a while ago... But it works like a charm!

By the way, when you've got Coastal Piracy working, you're playing so many merfolk that you don't really need the Seahunter --although he became a LOT better with LOA as a merfolk... I might have to look into that :)

To be able to play all the merfolk I drew due to Coastal Piracy, I used High Tide to drop loads of those guys!
  11. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Huh? You seem to be implying that we've have played and you used a deck with Saprazzan Heir ..

:confused:

Can you refresh my memory?
  12. 4EYES New Member

By now, Limited knows who I am, and I should probably apologize for accusing him of plagiarizing something in my first-ever post on this forum :rolleyes:

Bit of a bad start, but a start nonetheless...
  13. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Quick, post the latest deck you've built!
  14. Oversoul The Tentacled One

They made Lord of Atlantis into a merfolk? Awesome!

Is Zombie Master still a non-zombie, or did they fix him too?
  15. Limited Yes, but we won't care