Woo! More nominations!

All right, so here's what we have:

Nominations so far:

Ransac: Knowledge Exploitation
Shabbaman: Cloak and Dagger
Mooseman: Bitterblossom
theorgg: Boldwyr Heavyweights
Al0ysiusHWWW: Mutavault

I'll keep the thread open so you guys can keep discussing "casual" :)

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

I'm tired of trying to post on this crappy wifi, so i'll just summarize what I was going to respond with.

Don't like my recommendation? Too bad, it's mine. Don't vote for it or whatever, but I get to nominate whatever I want.

Hurt feelings because a card burned you in another format, or burner other people? Cry Moar. Casual and fun are subjective terms applied to your local environment.

I'm not timmy power gamer. I don't want to push out the fastest stupidest 5/5 I can. I like to take my time and make games intense and rewarding. Bad cards in a bad deck are annoying and boring. I'd rather lose every game in any tournament ever than stomp people who can't put cards in their deck that actually improve the level of quality of the game.

Playing a casual tribal deck? Playing a casual aggro control deck? Try Mutavault! It's actually great and rewarding! Playing a mostly land deck with man lands for the win? Play Mutavault.

Being insulted because of someone's nomination is laughable. Almost as laughable as the idea that casual is fun and limited isn't by definition. Quit being such a baby Ransac.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow. Calling me a crybaby? Over what? I've never had a bad experience over the card. My driving point before was that the Faeries deck kept me out of standard due to an environment with a lack of variance (which is horrible for any era of magic).

I never asked for you to retract your nomination but merely gave my (heated) argument as to why I believe it shouldn't be considered.

I mentioned I'd be insulted as a casual player, but I'll get over being insulted (have you SEEN what the guys on this site have called me over the years?!?!).

Did I ever, EVER mention that limited wasn't fun or casual? Absolutely not. I love sealed deck and draft. BUT, I do keep separate hats when I play this game. I would build a tournament ready deck in a much different way than I would build a deck for me (i.e.: Competitive) and my buddies to mess around with (i.e.: Casual).

There is a HUGE difference to being adamant about ones own opinion and being a crybaby. Being a crybaby would be being irrational because you don't agree with my opinion about something and whining when you don't change your mind due to what I say. I don't expect to change your mind about the card, but I will take every advantage I can to sway the judges opinions away from that choice.

Lastly, and please don't take this as an attack against you because I'm not intending it to be, I think that you have too much of a competitive, serious sense of what casual means in the big picture. You have proven yourself to be a very competent and intelligent magic player, but I fear that you confuse "cards that are good" and "cards that are fun." Look at the list of HOF selections we have so far. Radiate? Two-Headed Giant? Phage the Untouchable? Marrow Gnawer? Jhoira of the Ghitu? How many times have you played with these cards without thinking "This card is lame," if at all.

Al0ysiusHWWW said:
I'd rather lose every game in any tournament ever than stomp people who can't put cards in their deck that actually improve the level of quality of the game.
So, you wouldn't find MrPestilence's Razing Snidd deck or Zadok's Greater Good decks (pre-Kamigawa) worth time playing against because they chose to make a decent deck out of cards they enjoy over following the tournament scene and reading articles to streamline their deck?

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

theorgg

Actually, Razing Snidd as a one-off was quite good, if you remember, Sac-Man. And that was in the 'lanta area. There's some hardcore gaming going on there.