Casual Hall of Fame Nominations: Eventide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Time for Eventide!. Post 'em and the reasons here! Nominations end Monday, 11/23 at 7:00 AM EST.

Committee members: Spiderman, Oversoul, turgy22

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
All of the Lieges were great, but I don't think I can isolate only one.
The Retrace mechanic is very fun to play with.
Cackleburr is still stupid fun...
I've always looked at Endless Horizons and thought "This card is really great," though I can never bring myself to actually play it...
The idea of Figure of Destiny is one of the shining achievements of the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor block. An actual way to "level up" a single creature without committing any extras cards. I was really close to nominating this card. However, it's going to be cast aside for...

Nomination: Helix Pinnacle: Yeah, I know. It's an "I win" card. Yet, I've always found this card to be incredibly fun. Like the FoD, it gives you something to do with your extra mana you're not using. What this does that FoD doesn't is allow you to build a deck around it. Unless your opponent is playing a Tranquility-type card or World Queller, you can assume you're not going to lose possession of the card. You COULD go for the infinite mana rout, but I find it more fun to play the mana ramp and defend strategy. Either way, having such conversations as "Do you have enough counters to keep track of that?" or "Does that say '56' or '58' counters?" is an unusual change to typical games.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Crackleburr Is my nomination.... This thing could be crazy fun with a deck of RU creatures.

I stole from Ransac, since I know very little about the new sets.... haven't opened any of this stuff..... I am so lame.......

If it wins I will build a deck around it...... I might do it anyhow... hahahahaha:eek:

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Here we go again. Eventide's themes are enemy hybrid, chroma and retrace. There's a heavy "color matters" theme with chroma and triggered effects. What I remember about eventide is that it sucked. There are some strong cards, but with all the hybrid cards (and all those lands) you could just play any card you want. Boring.

In fact, only Helix Pinnacle is worthy of the hall, despite that it isn't a showcase of any of the sets mechanics.

Or is it? There are a lot of counters in this set and the sets in this block and Lorwyn block. There's even a card that makes it easier to win with Helix pinnacle: Gilder Bairn. That card is awesome. Actually, it isn't it's just the card and the flavor. I can imagine that someone would want to build a deck around this (or Crackleburr, for that matter :) ). Take a look at it. Creepy. So I'm nominating this card as a reminder to vote for Helix Pinnacle.

I could understand Figure of Destiny, but I've seen the card too much to still like it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Final nominations:

Helix Pinnacle - Ransac, theorgg
Crackleburr - Mooseman
Gilder Bairn - Shabbaman

Closed for voting by the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.