Casual Decks Collide and SWAP!: Spidey vs. Ransac Part II

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, not only that, but Since I've got my lands untapped again, it's time for a Dark Ritual and Phage the Untouchable. Attack with Black Knight. Done.

Spidey (14/12)
Hand: 4
Library: 49
In Play:

(T) Volcanic Island (R/U dual)
(T) Plains

(U) Mox Diamond
(T) Sol Ring

(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: set aside any number of cards, draw that many cards, then put the set aside cards on top of my library in any order)

Graveyard: Forest
RFG:

Ransac (15)
Hand: 1
Library: 48
In Play:

(T) Underground Sea
(T,T) Watery Grave x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Underground River

(T) Black Knight (2/2, First Strike, Pro White)

(S) Academy Rector (1/2, when ~ is put in a graveyard from play, I may remove it from the game. If I do, search my library for an enchantment card and put it into play. Then shuffle my library)

(S) Phage the Untouchable (4/4, When Phage the Untouchable comes into play, if you didn’t play it from your hand, you lose the game. Whenever Phage deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature. It can’t be regenerated. Whenever Phage deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.)

Underworld Dreams (Whenever an opponent draws a card, U.D. deals 1 damage to that player

Graveyard: Polluted Delta (From earlier), Dark Ritual
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aw crap, here's where I need that Balance top deck...

Untap, upkeep, Draw (taking 1), Scroll Rack for 5 (my whole hand), Volcanic Island, Zoologist, Done.

Spidey (11)
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T,U) Volcanic Islandx2 (R/U dual)
(T) Plains

(T) Mox Diamond
(T) Sol Ring

(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: set aside any number of cards, draw that many cards, then put the set aside cards on top of my library in any order)

(S) Zoologist (1/2, ability doesn't matter 'cause it's Phage fodder)

Graveyard: Forest
RFG:

Ransac (15)
Hand: 1
In Play:

(T) Underground Sea
(T,T) Watery Grave x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Underground River

(T) Black Knight (2/2, First Strike, Pro White)

(S) Academy Rector (1/2, when ~ is put in a graveyard from play, I may remove it from the game. If I do, search my library for an enchantment card and put it into play. Then shuffle my library)

(S) Phage the Untouchable (4/4, When Phage the Untouchable comes into play, if you didn’t play it from your hand, you lose the game. Whenever Phage deals combat damage to a creature, destroy that creature. It can’t be regenerated. Whenever Phage deals combat damage to a player, that player loses the game.)

Underworld Dreams (Whenever an opponent draws a card, U.D. deals 1 damage to that player

Graveyard: Polluted Delta (From earlier), Dark Ritual
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, oh yeah, it was the placeholder for the Gruul War Plow because my Apprentice doesn't have the Guildpact update and it wasn't on the site I normally get it from (Magic-League).

But with the Cloak of Mists, I guess it doesn't matter anyway... no response. Since this is game, I'll start the third for best two-out of three. Good luck!

No mulligan.

Volcanic Island, Done.

Spiderman (20)
Hand: 6
Library: 53
In Play:

(U) Volcanic Island (R/U Dual)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
Hand: 7
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Draw. Mulligan. Draw, Underground Sea. Done

Spiderman (20)
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(U) Underground Sea
Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doh! I hope you don't get mana screwed like I did that one game.

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Tundra, Scroll Rack, Done.

Spiderman (20)
Hand: 5
Library: 52
In Play:

(T) Volcanic Island (R/U Dual)
(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)

(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: set aside any number of cards, draw that many cards, then put the set aside cards on top of my library in any order)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(U) Underground Sea
Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My Mulligan draw was pretty good. I think I'll be fine ;)

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Island, Demonic Tutor, Done.

Spiderman (20)
Library: 52
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
Library: 51
In Play:

(T) Underground Sea
(T) Island
Graveyard: Demonic Tutor
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw, Savannah, Scroll Rack for 5 (my whole hand),

Spiderman (20)
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)

(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: set aside any number of cards, draw that many cards, then put the set aside cards on top of my library in any order)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(T) Underground Sea
(T) Island
Graveyard: Demonic Tutor
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Underground Sea, (Watch this), Tap one Sea for B, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Tap Island and other Sea for U, Szadek, Lord of Secrets. Response?

Spiderman (20)
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
Library: 50
In Play:

(T,T) Underground Sea x2
(T) Island

On Stack: Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Then done. Nice Mulligan hand, huh? I needed to use the Tutor to get the other Ritual.

Spiderman (20)
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(T,T) Underground Sea x2
(T) Island

(S) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (5/5, FlyingIf Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I need that Balance...

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Island, Goblin Trenches, Done (even if you Force of Will it)

Spiderman (20)
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)
(T) Island

Goblin Trenches (2, sac a land: put 2 1/1 red & white Goblin Soldier tokens into play)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(T,T) Underground Sea x2
(T) Island

(S) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (5/5, FlyingIf Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Trenches are good. Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Swamp, Attack with Szadek. Done after that. Szadek becomes a 10/10 and you mill 5 cards.

Spiderman (20)
Library: 45
In Play:

(T) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)
(T) Island

Goblin Trenches (2, sac a land: put 2 1/1 red & white Goblin Soldier tokens into play)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(U,U) Underground Sea x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

(S) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (10/10 [5 +1/+1 counters], Flying, If Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, my Scroll Rack should have been untapped. In response to the attack, I'll tap my last land and Scroll Rack for four. So I'm milling Verdant Touch, Pattern of Rebirth, Animate Land, Day of Dragons, and Mox Diamond.

Untap, upkeep, Draw, tap 1 to Scroll Rack for 5 (my whole hand), BoP, Done.

Spiderman (15)
Library: 39
In Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(T) Savannah (G/W Dual)
(T) Island

(S) BoP (0/1, flying)

Graveyard: Verdant Touch, Pattern of Rebirth, Animate Land, Day of Dragons, Mox Diamond
RFG:

Ransac (20)
In Play:

(U,U) Underground Sea x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

(S) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (10/10 [5 +1/+1 counters], Flying, If Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EOT, Transmute Clutch of the Undercity for Malice. Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Swamp, Malice the BoP. Response? Regardless, attack with Szadek. Done. If Malice resolves, mill 10 cards and Szadek becomes a 20/20.

Spiderman (15)
Library: 39 (-10?)
In Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(T) Savannah (G/W Dual)
(T) Island

(S) BoP (0/1, flying) (Maliced?)

Graveyard: Verdant Touch, Pattern of Rebirth, Animate Land, Day of Dragons, Mox Diamond
RFG:

Ransac (20)
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U,T) Underground Sea x2
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp, Swamp

(T) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (10/10{20/20?} [5{15?} +1/+1 counters], Flying, If Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Clutch of the Undercity, Spite/Malice.
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. No response to the Malice, so BoP dies, I take 10, and mill 10 (see graveyard)

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Scroll rack for 5, concede.

Geez, no Balance or life saving card! Arggg!

Good game. I guess we have to wait for the others to finish.

Spiderman (5)
Library: 28
In Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U Dual)
(U) Savannah (G/W Dual)
(T) Island

Graveyard: Verdant Touch, Pattern of Rebirth, Animate Land, Day of Dragons, Mox Diamond, BoP, Fling, Gruul War Plow, Forest, Zuran Orb, Decree of Justice, Morphling, Plateau, Mt, Day of the Dragons, Sylvan Library
RFG:

Ransac (20)
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U,T) Underground Sea x2
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp, Swamp

(T) Szadek, Lord of Secrets (10/10{20/20?} [5{15?} +1/+1 counters], Flying, If Szadek, Lord of Secrets would deal combat damage to a player, instead put that many +1/+1 counters on Szadek and that player puts that many cards from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard.)

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Clutch of the Undercity, Spite/Malice.
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Good game. Sorry about the enormous early-game cheese but I when I saw my mulligan hand I nearly peed my pants. I just HAD to do that.

Third-Turn Szadek. C'mon! That's what happens when Dark Ritual is put into the deck twice.

Ransac, cpa trash man