Casual deck idea

Discussion in 'Casual Decks/Variants/Etc' started by Hexazuz, May 18, 2001.

1. Hexazuz New Member

The Combo:
    Enduring Renewal
    Shield Sphere
    Ashnod's Altar

The thought is to have an Ashnod's Altar in play, have creature with zero in casting cost in your hand (etc Shield Sphere), draw a Enduring Renewal. Play Enduring Renewal then play Sheild Sphere. Sacrifice Sheild Sphere and get 2 mana and sheild sphere jumps up to your hand. Repeat this and you get infinite mana.

Add-on to the combo could be Fecundity to draw alot of cards (Fireball, Stroke) and kill to opponent. Replenish would fit with some Bazaar of Bazaar of Baghdad, Attunement and/or a Frantic Search.
  2. Lotus Mox New Member

Why not use Goblin Bombardement insted of Ashnod's Altar?

Infinite damage is better than infinite mana :)
  3. Ephrils This Space For Rent

I've seen this done with Atogs and Ornithopers. It works amazing well when the o cmbo is out there.
  4. Hexazuz New Member

The deck could look something like this

The Combo: (12)
    04 Enduring Renewal
    04 Goblin Bombardment
    04 Ornithopter

Search & Draw (12)
    02 Fecundity
    04 Intuition
    01 Enlightened Tutor
    01 Attunement
    01 Frantic Search
    02 Bazaar of Baghdad
    01 Demonic Tutor

Other: (12)
    01 Balance
    01 Wrath Of God
    02 Abeyance
    04 Arcane Denial/Mana Leak
    04 Replenish

Mana: (24)
    01 Sol Ring
    04 City of Brass
    04 Gemstone Mine
    04 Undiscovered Paradise
    04 Plateau
    04 Savannah
    03 Taiga
  5. Slug man lunatic of the raving variety

Isn't this very similar to Coco Pebbles, an extended deck designed by some English guys, that was dominant until Trix was made? It is a fun deck though.

PS. If I am wrong, please let me know
  6. Ephrils This Space For Rent

Good question, I'm pretty sure it's not though. That sounds like a more recent tournement deck. Enduring Renewal was in Ice Age, so it would have beaten the idea to that deck type by a few years at least.
  7. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

No, this deck is definitely Pebbles. Fruity or Cocoa or whatever, it's definitely Pebbles.

BTW, the deck was made AS an Extended deck, meaning that it could have been made anywhere from Tempest on to...well...now.