Cardinals vs Red Sox

Killer Joe

Any baseball fans out there?

The Yankees lost to the Sox because they were being punished by the ghost of the Bambino due to their 0 - 13 loss against the Cleveland Indians late in the season.

Damn Yankees!

St. Louis: 0
Boston: 1
Watching the Yankees get their ARS Kicked four games in a row?______________________<you know the word :)>

Ferret

Staff member
I grew up in LA in the 70's which meant that I had to hate the Yankees. It was in my blood. Watching parts of those last four games (and seeing that Steinbrenner can't buy another World Series) was like a breath of fresh air.... I hope they win in 4 just to get it over with so that people will stop droning on about this stupid curse...

-Ferret

"...then we can get to work on the Cubs..."

C

Chaos Turtle

I'm not a baseball fan, but Mitch told me that the Cards will win.

Place those bets.

C

Chaos Turtle

Cardinals: 0
Red Sox: 4

I see that Mitch is not to be trusted... I should have known when he told me that Ashlee Simpson is a lip-syncher that he was full of plop.

S

Svenmonkey

I hope that plop means truth because she is a lip syncher, as evidenced by last week's Saturday Night Live messup.

Killer Joe

Live "Live".

At least accoding to an NPR news report last Wednesday afternoon on All Things Considered. An intereview with the SNL band Leader (1985-1995), I can't remember his name now, but he said that no one should be too surprised by this. It's not uncommon for todays young artists to use a voice track to help boost their vocals. He said they can adjust it so that any where from 10 - 80 % of your voice can be boosted by using a pre-recorded vocal track. After all, the fans want what's on the CD which is not actually how the artist sounds with no electronic help.

So technically, it's not lip-synching like back in the days of Milli-Vanilli when neither of those guys could carry a pitch in a bucket. It's vocal enhancement via electronics. Can Ashlee Simpson actually sing? That's for YOU to decide, but she does and has used her own voice when recording her tracks for her CD's.

Now, as for ever seeing her and Eminem standing together in public, therefore dispelling the rumor that they're actually one and the same, is another story. :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Irony man! Irony! Laugh it up!

Originally posted by Svenmonkey
I hope that plop means truth because she is a lip syncher, as evidenced by last week's Saturday Night Live messup.