Card is renamed for sails scam

N

Nightstalkers

sideboards are fun to use, alas we cannot get the train moving and kill off those funny fools...

It was against some pretty tough folks who took all day to play one game! and yes they knew how to use the decks

Jimmy Dean! Ha! I gotcha now you little kidder.

T

train

I'll post my deck soon...

Stalkers - can you get those decks to Spidey in Apprentice Format?...

N

Nightstalkers

have an old version of apprentice... but not the decks :(

Quess we have to go to the WotC site again...

T

train

Deck building rules question...

what about reprinted cards - you know the used to be uncommon, but now is rare kind... or used to be rare but now is uncommon kind...

T

train

That's my point... can I use cards that were uncommon at some point in their Magic lifetime, or if they were or are ever a rare I can't use them?...

N

Nightstalkers

only ones that are strictly not rare in anytime, place, or mindset...

strike mindset off.

Ferret

Staff member
Sengir Vampire and Serra Angel used to be uncommons as well. Having four of them was quite easy...I guess WotC's strategy was to first remove the card from print and then bring it back as a rare...

-Ferret

"...kind of like New Coke in the 80's..."

N

Nightstalkers

drugs? No, we don't do drugs in this family... :rolleyes:

Look at that! Its all, like cool and something :eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
Sengir Vampire and Serra Angel used to be uncommons as well. Having four of them was quite easy...I guess WotC's strategy was to first remove the card from print and then bring it back as a rare...
Actually, when they were pretty much the best creature at the time (Revised) and you didn't buy many cards, they weren't easy to get. I remember playing my buddy for ante and I only started winning consistently after I won his lone or one out of two Serra's from his deck and put it in mine :)

Serra probably should have been rare from the start due to her p/t and ability to mana cost ratio... Sengir a harder choice but since he was the matchup for her, WOTC probably erred on the side of rare.

N

Nightstalkers

Now a days we have crap like *Pulls out box of cards*:

Impatience, Obstinate Familiar, Wheel and Deal, Butcher Orgg, Etc.

Where did they go wrong?

M

Mikeymike

<i>Impatience, Obstinate Familiar, Wheel and Deal, Butcher Orgg, Etc.</i>

<headsnap> Oh no he didn't just try to diss Butcher Orgg </headsnap>

1 v 1, sure he's not good. But in MP he's a 1 man wreaking crew.

T

train

Obstinate Familiar is the type 1 killer against the academy decks, that run prosperity or braingeyser...;)

N

Nightstalkers

its the trained orgg... thats the 6/6 with nothing to do for 7

The familiar is still a good card but not in a casual weenie, or even judgement game.

[Edit: Deleted too big attachment -Spidey]