Captcha verification error

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I tried to recover my password, but I can't complete the captcha verification properly. So either I don't know how to spell <the answer> properly, or someone is expecting an obscure Python reference, but I can't reset my password. A good thing that I'm still logged in on this device so I can complain about it.

Edited to remove the answer in case of site sweepers. - Spidey

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
But seriously, has that been the problem this whole time? With how many people we've had legitimately show up and post a few things before vanishing over the years since I first found this site in 2003 (couldn't get an account here initially because of some technical issue I had myself, the nature of which I apparently can't recall), I found it suspicious that the board has said our newest member is "Senaidiktewart" for like two years now. I assume that is when everyone lost the ability to confirm a password for a new account or change a password on an existing account. I know this came up before, but I assumed that someone else had looked into it.

I harbor no delusions that this place is going to become livelier again if the issue is fixed, but it would still be nice. Actually, I'm also curious as to why there's a problem at all. XenForo isn't deprecated and I know Ed was using this site to test stuff for it, so one would think that we'd be good to go. I blame Spiderman preemptively.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. It was mis-spelled in the CAPTCHA. Try it now.

EDIT: Oversoul posted at the same time.

So in reply, I don't know how long it's been like that. I'm also surprised it's the only question and the rest have been disabled, so not sure if that's contributing to no one registering for the past couple of years. I'll enable a few more and see what happens.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, if you get (dubious) blame for the problem, I suppose you also have to get credit for fixing it! :)

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
IIRC I've had some poor experience with the previous implementation of the captcha...

EDIT: tested it, works now